Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2015 8:32:35 PM EDT
I'm looking for a barrel to replace the 18" on my Remington R15 for a couple reasons: 1) I want to be able to shoot 5.56 and not worry about going shooting with friends and having them run 5.56 through my .223 barrel, and 2) I want a threaded barrel and don't want to spend $60 on getting it threaded when I could just sell my current one and probably find a new one for an extra $60 on top of what my old one goes for.  3) it's 1/9 and I would like the ability to shoot heavier loads

I'm use my rifle as a range toy and for pigs, and thus accuracy is a concern and I would like to make it out to 250 yards min. I came across the KAK overrun barrels for only and wanted to know what kind of accuracy and reliability I could expect out of one if I purchased their 5.56 NATO 16 INCH CARBINE MELONITE BARREL. I anyone has any experience, please chime in.

ALSO: If you have any other good recommendations for good barrels that won't break the bank, I would love those as well. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
They use Green Mountain barrel blanks.  That says "good inherent accuracy" to me.  I'm actually looking at getting a KAK barrel, and I don't expect anything but great from them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
In case anyone else stumbles upon this post, I got this response from them: "Most will do about MOA"
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i like my Mas Defense and my Faxon barrels

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top