Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2015 12:42:38 AM EDT
hey guys I really would like some opinions on barrels. right now i currently have one AR15 that i built. Its nice i have an 18" Daniel Defense S2W barrel. Its heavy as hell and to be honest i cant get any real good groups with it. it is a 1/7 twist and the only thing it really likes are the Barnes TSX 70 Granes. It is also a Piston AR with an Adams Arms kit. I am now on my second build and i want a nice rifle that i can reach out and touch someone with but still be able to move around without killing myself with the weight. I was looking at the Wilson Combat Match Grade Barrel, .223 Wylde, Super Sniper, 20", 1-8 Twist, Stainless, Fluted http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-Combat-Match-Grade-Barrel-223-Wylde-Super-Sniper-20-1-8-Twist-Stainless-Fluted/productinfo/TR%2D223SS20F%2D18/. but i was wanting some opinions about other barrels and see what you guys have to say about some other barrels that i might like. This build is going to be for coyote hunting plus long distance target shooting. I either want it in 1/8 or 1/9 so i can use lower gran rounds when i hand load. I get tired of spending so much on rounds when all i want are some cheap round i can just go plinking with and can buy in bulk. Thanks and i will appreciate any advice you guys can give. This is my second build will be a direct impingment.    

Im also considering another 18" barrel from Wilson Combat. Please let me know what you think about the difference between a 20" vs an 18"
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Grade-Barrel-223-Wylde-Urban-Super-Sniper-18-1-8-Twist-Stainless-Fluted/productinfo/TR%2D223USS18F%2D18/

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Combat makes good stuff, my guess is these barrels are very good. It looks pretty heavy though. I'd also look at the Rainier UltraMatch. I use Noveske barrels myself. Might look into some of the RRA varmint barrels as well. Personally I'd stick with 16".
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top