Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2014 4:35:52 PM EDT
Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice for my first SBR build.  I've made sure that SBRs are in fact legal in my state and have already got the paperwork filled out.  Now I'm at the point where there is quite a bit out there in terms of materials and parts.  Are there certain parts that will need to be specially made for SBRs?  At this time, I'm looking at a BCM 11.5" Upper and pairing it with a Spikes lower along with a set of Spikes lower parts.  I want to make sure that I'm purchasing the pieces before I make any sort of sale.  Is there anything in particular to look for when it comes to Uppers?  I've heard a lot of good things about Spike's products so I think I'll be okay running with one of their lowers.

This is the Upper that I'm currently looking at.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-11-5-Carbine-Upper-Receiver-Group-w-Dani-p/bcm-urg-11-bfh-ddlii-10.htm

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No special parts- other than the shorter barrel. I have an 11.5" BCM upper (sans the rail) and am happy with it.  Virtually any in-spec lower will work, pick whatever strikes your fancy. You'll want to have it engraved at some point before you assemble it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I've read a lot of good things about BCM and think that I'll roll the ball with them.  With engraving.. I was under the assumption that the only time you needed it engraved was if you transfer it later on?  Or am I mistaken?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top