Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2013 8:38:52 AM EDT
Greetings,

So I like the idea of putting the WMD NibX-coated upper receiver on my next build because of the natural lubricating properties of the NibX.

Question: Has anyone had any first-hand experience with the pre-coated stripped upper WMD-Guns sells? Are they machined well? What is the fit and finish like? Do they fit tight against a typical lower? (I'm using a Mega Forged Lower). I'm planning on getting the one WITHOUT the black or FDE top-coat.

I would just buy a high-quality stripped upper and send it to be coated but that is way more expensive than buying WMD's pre-coated upper.

Thanks,
M
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for their uppers, but they had great customer service for the other parts I ordered from them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
A  Buddy has one he highly recommends WMD. He is using a colt lower it fits tight with no movement. The finish is very nice. Between the 2 of us we have one upper and 4 BCGs all have performed with no problem.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
A more suiting answer would be, I don't think WMD machines their own uppers. I believe they just do the coating. They are milspec, so they should work just as well as any other. The coating only adds a couple thousandths of an inch.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top