Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2009 3:05:35 PM EDT
m4 mil. stock. how do you know which buffer to get? It will be going on a 14.5 cmmg with a pinned vortex & an a2 upper from colt. just want a plain jane ar.

already have a pair of fancy one's. a 16 "& 24" bull & an 603 nam. will have pictures of all 3 builds this weekend
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Plane jane AR needs a standard carbine buffer. Heavier ones shoot nice but they won't shoot everything (I have had short stroking with Wolf).
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a 14.5" with the vortex as well, just got the st-t2 buffer, mines weighs 4oz so its shy of an h2 buffer... won't get to test it out till this weekend, i'm hoping it will reduce the recoil
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I run H buffers in my midlengths and H2s in my carbine gas weapons.

Never had any short stroking problems, including Wolf, in 3 carbine gas weapons.

The standard CAR buffer is too light for the carbine length gas system.
It will function fine, but is harder on the working parts of the gun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Carbine buffer will always work, but I have a 9mm buffer in my carbine and a H2 in my midlength.  Using semi carrriers.  Never had a problem with Wolf in cold weather.  David
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 Standard carbine buffer works fine with a wide variety of ammo loads.

It's just personal preference when people change to heavier buffers, carbines works on all buffer weights from standard all the way up to the heaviest 9mm buffers when using proper ammo loads.

I use H buffers on my carbine gas system and standard carbine buffer on my midlength gas system.

Just make sure you try out all the different ammo that you're using and make sure all of them works with your buffer.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top