Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2009 12:15:48 PM EDT
OK, Have my nice KISS rifle with std A2 handguards and I'm looking to mount a flashlight to the front end.  Don't have a bayonet lug to attach to, so I'm looking at something that clamps on the 0.75" dia. barrel in front of the FSB. Have a great flashlight - just no good way to mount it!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Texan
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
MI FSB mount and Vltor light mount.

Link Posted: 5/9/2009 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I had the same dilemma, Jon at Anvil Arms took care of it for me. He has a sticky in the Industry Forum about how to do it. I don't have a picture of this particular carbine with the light mounted, I need to take one.

Anvil Arms Industry Link
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I used zip ties and O rings to attach a rubber armored Streamlight to standard carbine handguards.  

The tacticool fanboys get their panties in a bunch when they see the setup.

It's simple, very rugged and reliable.  No wires.  Just use your thumb to activate the switch on the endcap.

Pics available upon request.

ZM

Link Posted: 5/9/2009 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Problem solved........

http://elzetta.com/zfh1500.htm

Link Posted: 5/9/2009 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Only thing I don't like about this mount is that it precludes the use of a side mounted sling.

I think they could have built QD sockets into the sides.
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Tactical hockey tape...

Link Posted: 5/9/2009 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]

MI MCTAR-01 FSB picatinny light mount

+1 Midwest Industries (MI) FSB rail light mount (model MCTAR-01) which I got from Bravo Company, shown here in the pic I removed it and installed it on my M16A2 KISS clone after I installed my handguard rail on my carbine.

MI FSB light mount - Bravo Co. link

If you prefer it mounted on your standard handguard you could get the ERGO aluminum Universal Mounting Platform (U.M.P.) then get any picatinny light mount you prefer like Viking Tactics, Daniel Defense, Vltor, etc.

www.ergogrips.net

I would also recommend getting in touch with a great AR15.com light and accessories dealer here which is BrightFlashlights, they could give you a package deal with a good price that's hard to beat.

Brightflashlights Industry Forum - link

Link Posted: 5/10/2009 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#8]

That is the best one. LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not so fast.  The crack R&D team at The Menuar Pile Research Labs came up with this one.

Link Posted: 5/10/2009 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not so fast.  The crack R&D team at The Menuar Pile Research Labs came up with this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/ZekeMenuar1/Carbine2.jpg

Okay so it's a tie. LOL
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top