Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/7/2008 12:42:05 PM EDT
I placed an order on Wed via the net. When I tried to call them about my FFL being on file it sounded like the phone was off the hook. After 3 days of this their number is answered by a recording that says it is not a working nuber? This is not like them. Anyone know what the deal is? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the the entire firearms industry is in a full state of panic right now because of the election and places like Del-Ton are completely buried in orders and phone calls. They posted here recently and said they are unable to keep up with orders and are doing their best. They may have literally taken the phones off the hook for awhile to catch their breath. Be patient.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know the the entire firearms industry is in a full state of panic right now because of the election and places like Del-Ton are completely buried in orders and phone calls. They posted here recently and said they are unable to keep up with orders and are doing their best. They may have literally taken the phones off the hook for awhile to catch their breath. Be patient.

Yeah they must be getting their asses kicked.  They are not attending the Raleigh gunshow later this month and they are always there
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
They posted a couple days ago that they were swamped with orders.

Be patient, they'll get to you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The election of the self annointed obabma by the liberals and other leftist trash just may cause a bigger gun and ammo purchase frenzy than Klinton ever had plus meld all the gun owners lots tighter together than they have been.
    He probably does not give a shit thinking that he is protected in the things he tries to do by terming anyone who speaks ill of him calling it racist.Well no one gives two shits about him and are just waiting for time to pass and he is gone in four years after making major messes of citizens rights and livelyhoods
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, they're not only busy, but they are having trouble getting parts...My upper is ready, just needs the bolt to arrive...Or so they say!
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Ya'll are doing alright considering the way the industry has halted. You're not the only ones!! Just try and take a breather.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Are they still accepting orders via the web site?  I had the same experience with the phones.  

I can imagine how busy they are these days!

HouTexs
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered comlete upper with skinny barrel from them seing prices for the upper RRA going localy in Nebraska store  from $425 to $699 in 3 days. I'm happy with my middy from Del-Ton I already have.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I had this discussion yesterday at the gun store. He says that manufactures are supplying the larger orders from their dealers and guns stores before they will supply the 1 order here and there.

I ordered a kit from J&T yesterday and she said it will be several weeks. I asked how long Thanksgiving or Christmas and she couldn't answer that. I'm just happy I got the Pre Election Prices, I can wait til the first of the year from my next build.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
But why would upper prices be going sky high? I have not priced one recently since I have been trying to find a M1A Loaded to purchase and just tracked down 5 lowers.

I can understand registered items and possibly ammo but uppers and accessories? Sorry but that is just sheer stupid panic and it's hurting all of us including dealers and manuf. They will be swamped sell everything they can and eventually the panic will subside. Chances are all profits will be gone by then and the market will be saturated with few buyers. What is everyone going to do then when the buyers all dry up and all the profits are gone.

Not the dealers and manufacturers fault but I sure hope the plan for the future so that they don't all dry up a in the coming years.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]
yeah i placed an order for bcg and LPK on the 30th and it hasn't even been processed yet. ive left like 5 email messages and 2 phone messages. i know theyre busy but it would be nice to know if theyre on back order and if i am getting them in a week or a year. still, much better than any other place as far as service goes so you can't blame them
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#13]
same here ordered on the nov. 6. i also have heard nothing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered a lower with LPK on 10/27 and I'm still waiting.  I called them last Monday and they said "it would ship Tuesday morning".  I've received no tracking number and my order on their site still shows "order being processed".
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I tried to place an order with Spikes on Fri and kept getting a recording about high volume of calls,be patient...It would go to a mailbox then hang up because the system was overloaded.

I got home from dinner at 9:30 and thought I'd just try leaving a message if I could get through,I did and they called back an hour later to take my order (at 12:30 am their time !) Talking to the guy he was just saying there's nothing left anywhere,the panic is turning the industry upside down.

Anyway I was floored by the fact they got back to me and as quick as they did ,talk about customer service!

Not sure about Del-Ton but it's the same story all over the country.
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Where they are located in NC the local switch can only handle so many calls at once. My uncle installed these switches in the 60's and said they should have been upgraded in the 80's. So they are just swamped with calls. I called them a few times last week but had to redial for about an hour. They said orders are out 4-6 weeks. They are great to work with and will get to your order though.
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Our phone goes to the fast busy thing when all the lines are busy....which is happening just about constantly!  We're doing all we can to keep up....promise!!!

And PhychCSlug, you've either got a 7.62 upper on order or something with a chrome bolt!  Am I right??!!  

Thanks for being patient with us guys, we do appreciate it.  We'll get your orders out, just might take us a little longer than we'd all like!

I have an order in queue. I will wait patiently. I luz me some DEL-TON
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#18]

I have an order in que. I will wait patiently. I luz me some DEL-TON

Even if youre in the queue you are lucky. I wish I had some funds to be in the queue . Maybe by time I get some chips for the upper the wait wont be so long
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#19]
im surprised the wait is so long for just a bcg and lpk
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah they must be getting their asses kicked.  They are not attending the Raleigh gunshow later this month and they are always there

I'm beginning to wonder if there is any sense going to the gunshow,  There may not be any inventory on hand to buy, or what is on hand may have a huge markup!   Try and find a hicap magazine online, its crazy!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Del-Ton answered my e-mail today You guys were right. They are overloaded with calls. Like I said though, they got back to me via e-mail so another +1 for them! Looks like I will go on and get another lower half just in case there is a ban so I will have it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#22]
I just ordered 4 16" lite A2 kits this morning from Del-Ton.  If it takes a month to see them I will be happy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I spoke with one of their sales reps a couple minutes ago.  She said their wait times are now estimated to be 8 to 12 weeks based on the current volume of orders.  She said it wasn't the parts availability that was the issue, but they don't have the staff to handle the volume of orders they're getting right now.  Sounds like we'll just need to be patient.

Regards,

Dave
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmmmmm.  Increasing unemployment levels and an industry being hammered with demand that exceeds the abilities of their current staffing levels.  Sounds like the hiring of some temporary help might be in order.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I have been waiting for a lower since my order on 10-6.  They said 10 days first then 3 weeks.  I hope it will not be much longer!
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#26]
The problem with temp help is. You still have to train them, and make sure they send out a quality product. Most temp people around here are people that cant hold jobs for more than a few months at the most.  Companys lose there asses when you get warranty works.

Im glad i have my 5 Ar's (3 builds) and 3 ak's And about 10k rounds of various .223 Im good for a while.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The problem with temp help is. You still have to train them, and make sure they send out a quality product. Most temp people around here are people that cant hold jobs for more than a few months at the most.  Companys lose there asses when you get warranty works.

I'm talking about help answering the phone, handling shipping and other things that require minimal training, and would free up the experienced employees to handle the skill-requiring tasks.  And given the number of people who are losing their jobs in this economy - and the fact that Christmas is just around the corner - I don't think you'd have that much trouble finding temporary help right now that is a cut above the usual chronically unemployable.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm talking about help answering the phone, handling shipping and other things that require minimal training, and would free up the experienced employees to handle the skill-requiring tasks.  And given the number of people who are losing their jobs in this economy - and the fact that Christmas is just around the corner - I don't think you'd have that much trouble finding temporary help right now that is a cut above the usual chronically unemployable.

So, you'd be happy if the guy that was taping boxes in the shipping department last week was building your rifle this week?  
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, you'd be happy if the guy that was taping boxes in the shipping department last week was building your rifle this week?  

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant about "experienced" employees and "skill-requiring tasks".  If companies are taking their phones off the hook because everyone is too busy to answer them, that means they're busy doing things more demanding than answering the phone.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Hell, I'm just impressed they're continuing to offer their great customer service, and haven't gone and raised their prices like a lot of others!  I'll definitely be purchasing another lower and rifle kit from Del-Ton as soon as I can.  Love the one I've got already!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I was in the DEL-TON store today picking up two M-4 rifle kits (I supplied the lowers) they gave me a great price and had them built, test fired and ready to go in 20 mins.
The phone never stopped ringing while I was at the counter, not only are they swamped with orders but they are moving to a new location (across the street) in a couple of weeks. Keep the faith these folks are top shelf and worth waiting for if you are back ordered. They are also one of the last places I know of with parts on the east coast and they have not raised prices like most of the gun store crooks.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 2:02:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Finally got through to them yesterday morning about my 10/27 order that was supposed to ship last Tuesday.  When I got to the Gun Shop I work in, no receiver hence the call.  The Lady was nice and apologized for the mistake and said they would overnight my lower and I should have it today.  I asked what the additional shipping was going to cost me and she said "no change from original order.  Del-Ton is gonna eat a hefty charge for the overnight shipping............damn! what a company.  Of course, it remains to be seen if the lower will indeed arrive today.

I had a guy show up yesterday and pre-paid for 11 Del-Ton lowers (local group buy) that I'll order on line this morning (our shop is a Del-Ton dealer).  He said he didn't care how long it took to get them.

He told me he tried ordering with Essential Arms but they have raised their stripped lower price from $86 to $100 each and the wait is 12 weeks or more.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 4:26:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I put an order in on the web site on 10/29 and it went on the big brown truck yesterday 10/11. Not as fast as my last order, but still a heck of a lot quicker than my last order of off-the-rack parts from Bushmaster that I placed in June and just received. It's just life in the new post-election panic.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I placed my first order 11/06/08 . Does Del-ton email a tracking number when they ship the order?
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered my rifle kit for my first AR15 from Del-Ton on 10/29 too so hopefully mine will get shipped out soon. I check my order status at least 10 times a day... I'm such a geek!
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I ordered my rifle kit for my first AR15 from Del-Ton on 10/29 too so hopefully mine will get shipped out soon. I check my order status at least 10 times a day... I'm such a geek!

Same! I ordered 11/1.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yep, we'll send an email letting you know as soon as your orders get a tracking number!
Kassandra

Curious, how backlogged are you on Pmags?
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#40]
So do I still need to place a call to cust service before I place an order for an upper online or will someone contact me if there is a problem with the order?

Thanks,

Chris

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
P mags are back ordered, and there's a pile of orders for them.  We did talk to Magpul and they tell us they should ship within 3-4 weeks, so we've got our fingers crossed!

As far as contacting before ordering goes, we will let you know if there's any problems with your order.  We're still trying to do that!!  :)
Kassandra

Dammit, i ordered 4 Pmags from you guys today because i figured they were in stock because they didn't say otherwise. Oh well, you got some business atleast.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Kudos to Del-Ton!!   Just got an e-mail.   My chrome lined middy upper ordered on 10-30 shipped this afternoon.  Given the current buying panic, that is pretty good service.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Kudos to Del-Ton!!   Just got an e-mail.   My chrome lined middy upper ordered on 10-30 shipped this afternoon.  Given the current buying panic, that is pretty good service.

Nice! That gives me hope that my M4 kit ordered on 11/1 will go out soon.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#45]
If I pay for 2nd day ups will my order still take more than 3 days or so? Or does it mean i will just get it faster when it is picked up by ups?  

Also could you tell me if any thing is back ordered right now on my list?

AR-15 Anti-Walk Pins
Spanner Wrench
AR-15 A2 Front Sight Adjusting Tool16 Rifle Kit - ML Barrel:DTI 16" 1x9 Mid-Length Chrome Lined Heavy Barrel
16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -ML Handguards:Mid-Length Handguard with Heat Shields
Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier
Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:Magpul Mil-Spec CTR Buttstock - Black
Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:A2 Grip - Black
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts
Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle
Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with M4 Feed Ramps

I may go with a RRA two stage

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/14/2008 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Ordered a M4 rifle kit from Del-Ton on 10/31 and they shipped it out this morning(11/14)!
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#47]
If everyone that is now ordering firearms and ammo had voted on Nov. 4 we would not be worried about that knock on the door in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:19:20 AM EDT
[#48]
CTR Milspec stocks are out of stock right now.  And about 1700 people had the idea to place an order election day.  Since then orders have been coming in by the hundreds per hour.  Like I have said before 2nd shipping is 2nd day shipping.  It isn't fair to the 3000 pending orders that we have right now to process all the "faster shipping orders" before the regular shipping.  Since I don't have your order number, I can't really tell you about your order...sorry.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha  I just placed an order tonight that I've been putting off for several months.  I recommend to all the folks that can't wait for an order to put together all the paperwork for a CMP rifle and order one of them.  Sometimes the order to delivery can be between 45-90 days.  It doesn't help to check online order status' 4 times a day, even sundays.  All it does is raise your blood pressure.  For the record it is parts to finish a lower I bought nearly 2 years ago......
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Ordered my DTI mid length kit yesterday also. Now I need to try and be patient.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top