Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2008 12:43:51 PM EDT
What's the word on Superior Arms lowers?  Good quality or marginal at best?  I remember hearing about them some time ago but I couldn't find anything about them in the build section here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent in my book, I have one and have not regretted it.  I have built several others using them and not a lemon amongst them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Good stuff!  I've built on 3 of their lowers.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good so far.  I may pick one up soon just to have lying around for a cold, winter day.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've bought 3 so far. I've completed 2 and the last is in the process of being built. They have an adjuster built into the boss that holds the grip on that allows you to take the slack out of a trigger. One that I put together had a little bit of slack in it, so I just turned the adjuster until the trigger released and then backed it off about a half a turn. Very high quality, especially considering the price. I plan to buy a few more soon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Both of my builds were on US Tactical Arms lowers which are made by Superior and I have been very happy with both.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
great product!
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Lowers really don't matter. Focus on the parts that mater (Barrel, bolt, carrier).

I have an OLY lower (different LPK) thats on it 3rd barrel (currently sporting a Denny's Operator), 2nd colt bolt, and unteenth extractor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Happy with it! Install was smooth!

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 2 they do not accept P-MAG's tight mag well, I hear they fixed this but I can't say for sure. I e-mailed them some time ago to exchange my lowers or to get new ones but never received answer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#10]
good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have 2 they do not accept P-MAG's tight mag well, I hear they fixed this but I can't say for sure. I e-mailed them some time ago to exchange my lowers or to get new ones but never received answer.

same here.  their roll marks have inconsistent depths as well.  they are functional but one of the uglier lowers i've bought.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#12]
They do work very well with aluminum mags and I have no other complaints. I probably would buy another if I get around to it or when BRD strikes again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Works great for me. All my PMags and aluminum mags work just fine.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I Just bought one that I plan on building on when I get done posting this! Mine has the SAFE- FIRE - AUTO marked on it !

manygunsmike
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 4:52:32 AM EDT
[#15]
buddy of mine had one that he could even get a GI magazine into......

they took it back and changed it out...........

everyone is going to have a screw up

But who is checking these things.........

Still like my T and A  

never like the name "Superior Arms" its kind of like driving a Truck with "Best Truck" on the tail gate
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Just ordered two.....hope they are decent or worst case I will have two beater range guns on my hands.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Not being an AR expert and having not yet installed a stock, upper and of course haven't fired my Superiors...

I've bought 3 of them.  I have several of the D&H (the D something mags from 44mag) and they all drop free from 2 of the 3 Superior lowers.  
The 1 lower they won't drop from shows rub marks where the magwell is a little on the tight side.
I would still buy more of them though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#18]
gTG
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I just finished my Superior Arms Lower build last night and everything went smooth ! It was my first lower build all my mags drop free. The number is in the 3XXX renge.

manygunsmike
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine drops mags without a problem.

If you hang around this board long enough you will find every brand made blamed for tight mag wells.  Never hear a word about out of spec mags, its always the lower receiver's fault.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 5:23:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I pulled the trigger on 2 Superior Arms lowers so we'll see what they do when they get here!
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I used a knife to shave a bit off the front and rear surfaces of the PMAG where they are in the magwell and it helps with the problem, but still hangs up a little bit...
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I did finish the Superior Arms lower build on Wed. night and  today I noticed that the trigger guard is loose...?? It has more side to side motion between the mounting holes ?? It's not as tight as on my DPMS or CMMG lower.

manygunsmike
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I did a build with a SA lower earlier this year. No problems at all. PMags work just fine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I did finish the Superior Arms lower build on Wed. night and  today I noticed that the trigger guard is loose...?? It has more side to side motion between the mounting holes ?? It's not as tight as on my DPMS or CMMG lower.

manygunsmike

Cant help ya with that one...I immediately installed the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard...
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I built my midlength on a Superior lower and it wasn't machined completely for the mag release and the bolt release.  I just took the dremel and removed some material in both areas and it was fine after that.  Other than that fit and finish was good.

Pete
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top