Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 5:10:57 PM EDT
Midway sent me a email that they have an "AR Stoner" complete kit for sale for $500.  They also have a Delton kit for the same money.

Any comments or experience with either of these kits/manufacturers.

I've dealt with Midway many time so I know what to expect from them.

Would about anyones lower fit these kits?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Midway sent me a email that they have an "AR Stoner" complete kit for sale for $500.  They also have a Delton kit for the same money.

Thanks.
View Quote

AR Stoner is Midways house brand. I'm sure its a fine product for an entry level price.

Del-ton is also a fine company, with products in the entry level category and more.

I would go with Delton directly. That way you can select a Rifle kit from them and add a few features on their site. They are great people to deal with and offer customizable kits, starting at $490

Delton also has a rewards system and with the purchase of a kit, you will probably earn about $20 in store credit.

ETA all lowers will work.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AR Stoner is Midways house brand. I'm sure its a fine product for an entry level price.

Del-ton is also a fine company, with products in the entry level category and more.

I would go with Delton directly. That way you can select a Rifle kit from them and add a few features on their site. They are great people to deal with and offer customizable kits, starting at $490

http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_kits_s/1.htm

Delton also has a rewards system and with the purchase of a kit, you will probably earn about $20 in store credit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

So neither kit is a particularly good deal?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Never got a LPK from Stoner, but I did get their scope mount.
Very nice for the $$
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Given the two, I would go with Del-Ton.  I have 2 Del-Ton lowers and they are GTG
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes Del ton puts their rifle kits on their "Deal of the Day".  A couple weeks ago they had it listed for $410.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

At $499.. nope. Delton will probably have a pretty killer Black Friday sale. Last year the discount was only 7% but we were in the middle of a buying frenzy. Several years ago I got a Black Friday Rifle kit for $60 off the then price of $450

The customer service is awesome and the products are real nice for the money. They are an industry partner too. http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/100_Del_Ton.html

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I appreciate the information.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never built a rifle kit from Del-ton. That being said I have used their barrels in all 6 of my builds. Every one is way more accurate than I thought they'd be their customer service is fantastic shipping is good I don't see how you could be dealt Del-Ton . Midwest seems to be too expensive for me anyway that's just my 2 cents
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top