Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2017 2:02:59 PM EDT
I'll admit that I don't know where to start with regards to a light for my G19 and would really appreciate some guidance / recommendations before I head over to the EE.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
TLR-1 of some sort.

Streamlight has a lifetime warranty that they honored for me.  Easy to find holsters for that combo.  I have 2 of them and are very satisfied.  I also have a x300u, and it's nicer than the TLR-1, probably more durable......but the $$$ and my uses for it don't make the extra $ worth it.  I do like the x300u's switch setup better, but the TLR-1 is very serviceable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TLR-1 of some sort.

Streamlight has a lifetime warranty that they honored for me.  Easy to find holsters for that combo.  I have 2 of them and are very satisfied.  I also have a x300u, and it's nicer than the TLR-1, probably more durable......but the $$ and my uses for it don't make the extra $ worth it.  I do like the x300u's switch setup better, but the TLR-1 is very serviceable.
View Quote

Streamlight is probably your winner in that price range. I have 2, one on my g17 and one on my g21, zero issues with lots of abuse.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Tlr-1 non HL non strobe for me. More than bright enough for in the house and handgun engagement distances. 
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
For a G19, I'm waiting for the  APLC from Inforce, 200 lumens, designed to sit flush with a G19, $120 msrp. Only real information I can find on it is from their Facebook, or videos from shot show
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, any suggestions on where to buy for a good price...and preferably a place that takes PP?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
TLR - 1HL off of Amazon would be my pick.  Unless one of the other retailers has them cheaper
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, any suggestions on where to buy for a good price...and preferably a place that takes PP?
View Quote

Pretty sure amazon had the best deal when I bought both of mine. I have the HL models and they are a bit much for indoors but I use mine outside on the farm frequently.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Streamlight pistol lights are OK. I have several that I bounce from one firearm or another. But honestly, a Surefire X300U-B for $180-$195 is "currently" your better option. They can be found on Amazon.
There are other options (manufacturers) you should look into, IMHO, that, are of the same (or better) quality for a lesser price. If you want to stick to the $150 high budget, Streamlight TLR-1 models are a good choice.
From a more personal reality, The TRL and X300 types are too bulky riding in an IWB. On a nightstand they're fine.

Since SHOT 2107, there are a few nice prototype alternatives in the horizon around 2nd/3rd quarters, that will be nice to see.
For now, head over to the Equipment Exchange and buy used. Get something on your pistol to tide you over.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
A TLR-1 in 200-300 lumens would be my choice for indoor/outdoor use. The SureFire is a great light, but the momentary is difficult to use and the on/off paddles are stiff (says the guy who prefers SureFire) The Inforce APL/WML IMHO is to fragile and has problems with the bodies and bezels (gen 1) breaking easily regardless of generations.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I run the 600 lumen TLR-1 HL on my 19 and 21
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#11]
TLR-1 or Inforce APL. APL is smaller w/a single battery and less lumens, but I really like the paddle switch compared to the TLR-1's rocker switch (but I own both and would gladly use either).
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
TLR-1HL in whatever the current flavor is.

There is no such thing as too bright for this purpose in my experience with the lone exception of retroreflective surfaces.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#13]
For a Glock 19 you plan on CC'ing, I think the inforce APL is THE light to have. They're coming out with a new gen that should be in your price range
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For a Glock 19 you plan on CC'ing, I think the inforce APL is THE light to have. They're coming out with a new gen that should be in your price range
View Quote

Conceal-ability is pretty subjective to a person's physical attributes.  While I'm by no means average when it comes to height and weight.  I conceal a G19 with a TLR-1.  I'm also 6'5" and in the 260s.  Some people can pull it off, and some can't.  Some have to worry about brandishing laws and printing, and others don't.  I will fully admit it's more uncomfortable to carry with a light than it is without.  I've never carried a pistol IWB that was comfortable and I've made the decision that I won't carry a firearm without a light, though.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks but (unfortunately due to the state that I'm currently living in) concealed carry is not an option.

I'm going with a Streamlight Tlr-1 HL.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions / insight.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Either a Streamlight TLR-1 HL for about $120, or you can find a used Surefire X300U for about $165.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top