Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2015 10:58:09 AM EDT
I currently have a Surefire M951 that I put a Malkoff unit in some time ago and I really like the setup.

I am now looking for a second weapon mounted light, but I can't spend the big money to go all out for a M600.  I've heard great things about Elzetta since they use a Malkoff, but I'm not sure how expensive they are?

Any suggestions for a good host light I can use on a picatinny mount that will fit a Malkoff drop-in and won't break the bank?  I just need simple Off and On...no strobe or multi brightness modes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Elzetta lights are nice, but expect to pay $100+ for one.  Usually you can pick up older SureFire 6P lights for around or under $60.  I think the Malkoff dropins will work with the old Pentagon 2 cell lights as they were pretty much a surefire ripoff.  Malkoff also makes their own lights that might be worth checking out.  If you want something a little different, check out the Moddoolar lights at overready.com.  You can piece together a pretty cool light from them.  It will be more money but you can make them look pretty cool IMO.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  It looks like I'd be at ~$140 if I factor in the Malkoff drop-in (~$40) and mount (~$35) with the 6P.  A quick search showed the Elzetta to be ~$150 with mount if I read it correctly...I may have to look more into that option.

If I do go the host option I want to make sure the host light is metal so it can act as a heat sink for the Malkoff drop-in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Elzetta on Amazon. Their older models come stock with a M60 Drop in
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I currently have a Surefire M951 that I put a Malkoff unit in some time ago and I really like the setup.

I am now looking for a second weapon mounted light, but I can't spend the big money to go all out for a M600.  I've heard great things about Elzetta since they use a Malkoff, but I'm not sure how expensive they are?

Any suggestions for a good host light I can use on a picatinny mount that will fit a Malkoff drop-in and won't break the bank?  I just need simple Off and On...no strobe or multi brightness modes.
View Quote

Malkoff is having a 50% off sale on a bunch of high end heads....right now.....time to snag one and a tube and switch while you're at it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Surefire 6P Original
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top