Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2014 8:05:37 PM EDT
Everyone raves about SF's service when there's a problem with something they buy.... usually hear about how great SF was in correcting the problem and how prompt they were. I wish I could say that has been the case for me... I sent a Vampire head back for the flickering/strobing problem back in mid-august, didn't hear anything until a month ago when I called and they said they hadn't received anything from me. So I checked my tracking number and got back with them giving them the delivery date and who signed for it. They got right back with me and said they had received it, but that it hadn't been checked in to repairs. I'm thinking "Great!, I'll be back up and running in a week or two."

That was a month ago.

What kind of repair turnarounds are you guys seeing?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Just had a repair last month. 3 weeks door to door
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
So not that far out of the norm for them then. I'll give it a few more weeks and bug them for another update.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
They had my Fury for five weeks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I wrote to them a month after I sent it, they claimed to not have received it. So, I went to UPS and found out who signed for it and on what day. Got a reply that it was there but hadn't been checked in yet..... That was back in the middle of October.

We're at five months since it was sent now... I just fired off another email, we'll see what they say. I'm not real impressed right now. I spend a lot of money on my toys, it would be a mistake for them if there isn't a good explanation for the delay if they ever want me to give them my business again. I haven't been able to shoot my rifle under goggles for a really long time now because of their defective Vampire head..
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, I wrote to them a month after I sent it, they claimed to not have received it. So, I went to UPS and found out who signed for it and on what day. Got a reply that it was there but hadn't been checked in yet..... That was back in the middle of October.

We're at five months since it was sent now... I just fired off another email, we'll see what they say. I'm not real impressed right now. I spend a lot of money on my toys, it would be a mistake for them if there isn't a good explanation for the delay if they ever want me to give them my business again. I haven't been able to shoot my rifle under goggles for a really long time now because of their defective Vampire head..
View Quote
Damn that really sucks dude. I hope it all works out cause they replaced my Fury for a new model with a spring in the head so it wont flicker after I just asked why my old one did. Took about 2 weeks.

GLUCK
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pull the call center routine.  Call them up, they give you the run around, then ask to speak with a supervisor/manager.  Then begin the reaming of them.  Make it uncomfortable.  If you are on the Twitter or the Facebook, give them hell on there for it.  I have seen several large companies get off their butts when called out for their F-ups on social media.  If it were me I would be calling them at least 3x a week until I have it back in hand at this point. 5mo is a joke.  For being a Tier1 company, they are really giving crap warranty service.

Also, where did you buy it from?  If it is one of the smaller outfits (like TNVC, not Amazon) maybe see if they would be able to put some leverage on SF to get their crap together.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought it from my LGS....
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, we're working on the six month mark now, and I can't get a reply from either the warranty department or customer service.  I've got a friend with a contact at Surefire, maybe that's a better way to light a fire under someone's ass....
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, we're working on the six month mark now, and I can't get a reply from either the warranty department or customer service.  I've got a friend with a contact at Surefire, maybe that's a better way to light a fire under someone's ass....
View Quote

I'd be throwing a fit...it looks like John Matthews is the president and CEO.  You should ask to talk to him.

Good luck!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top