BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 12/11/2008 4:32:44 AM EDT
Yeah...I know, its probably a "tired" subject by now.

I've been searching here and reading up on them.

My question: Has anyone used this brand....or know anything about them other than what is listed in their ad?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Green-laser-sight-532nm-25mw-average_W0QQitemZ360113785590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item360113785590&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Thank you in advance,

Flint.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
AixiZ?

Sounds kinda gamey...they say its provided to soldiers in Iraq, then use a quote, but dont put a name on it, just rank and US ARMY....

And to say they lowered the power so the army wouldnt have trouble procuring them?
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
AixiZ?

Sounds kinda gamey...they say its provided to soldiers in Iraq, then use a quote, but dont put a name on it, just rank and US ARMY....

And to say they lowered the power so the army wouldn't have trouble procuring them?

Well...that is part of the reason I asked.

Just wondering if anyone here actually has one....or knows definitively one way or the other if they are "legit".

They claim their product produces (on average) 25mW of laser light, but market them (for some reason) as 5mW.

They do attempt to "prove" the product by showing it as having been tested on a meter, and their power claim is pretty much slathered all over the ad.

The laser certainly sounds like what I am looking for.  I am in the process of gathering parts to build a .458 SOCOM for hog hunting. Most of that hunting will be done at night.

The majority of shots will occur at distances under 50 yds. but I still need something  I can see on a Black Hog at night. The red lasers tend to be absorbed when put on dark colors so I'm thinking the green (especially if over 5mW) would work.

I will be using a scope with an illuminated reticle for the first shot, but after that...it would be nice to able to put the laser on remaining hogs for follow up shots. Of course, they would need be within the "sighted in distance" of the laser.

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw this same laser on amazon.com.  I am also shopping for a green laser. FWIW, there is 1 review on this on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Laser-Sight-average-Attenucap/dp/B0017000CA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1229560615&sr=8-1
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one. It is VERY BRIGHT, but I don't have access to a 5mw green laser to compare it to. Customer support is very helpfull.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have one. It is VERY BRIGHT, but I don't have access to a 5mw green laser to compare it to. Customer support is very helpfull.

It will no doubt be brighter than a 5mW laser.  What do you think of the overall quality...and does the pressure switch feel substantial or cheap?
Link Posted: 12/20/2008 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
DONT BUY DONT BUY!!!

saw these at the gun show in portland yesterday.  Took the guys display model and gave it a look over and its a complete ... complete piece of shit, and he was selling it for $120
Link Posted: 12/20/2008 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DONT BUY DONT BUY!!!

saw these at the gun show in portland yesterday.  Took the guys display model and gave it a look over and its a complete ... complete piece of shit, and he was selling it for $120

Are you certain it was the exact same laser I listed, and could you please be more specific concerning the things you disliked about it.

Thanks,

Flint.
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Well.......I went ahead and ordered one.

Heck, someone's got to be the "guinea pig"....right?

We'll see if it lives up to the manufacturer's claims...and if the quality is there (or lacking).
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 5mW green laser pointer and it can be seen clearly at 1/2 mile. A 25mW laser is just completely unnecessary unless you are trying to burn a hole in what you are aiming at. Aside from that, one accident with a laser outputting that power and you could lose your eyesight. The 5mW is plenty for accurate aiming even at longer distances. Just my .02
Link Posted: 12/22/2008 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a 5mW green laser pointer and it can be seen clearly at 1/2 mile. A 25mW laser is just completely unnecessary unless you are trying to burn a hole in what you are aiming at. Aside from that, one accident with a laser outputting that power and you could lose your eyesight. The 5mW is plenty for accurate aiming even at longer distances. Just my .02

My primary interest is to "positively" put a good "spot" on black hogs on a dark night.

I have no experience with green lasers (yet), but I have found that a red laser is badly absorbed by dark colors like black, navy blue, dark green. (of course we only have black hogs)

I anticipate shots out to 50 yds....so I wanted the more powerful beam. I do understand the risks involved...and I appreciate you pointing that out (good info for everyone).

This unit comes shipped with an attenuator cap that effectively limits the beam to 5mW output...if the end user so desires. It may well be....that is enough, if so...then I will use the cap, if not..then I have a choice.
Thanks!

Flint.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 3:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, I bought this one you mention here and this one http://cgi.ebay.com/External-Adjustable-Green-Laser-Sight-w-QD-Lever-Mount_W0QQitemZ350128300321QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350128300321&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting which was recommended on another post.  Both are as advertised and good quality.  The lazer you are talking about here (a) is smaller and lighter and has a smaller mouse tail on it. The Ebay lazer (b) is larger and weighs more.  Both come with seemingly sturdy mounts.  Lazer (b) seems brighter that (a) even though (a) touts a higher power.  Both have beams that are easily seen in daylight fifty yards away.  Without really putting them through an adequate test yet, at this point I would have to recommend the ebay lazer (b) because it is brighter and about $80 cheaper.  If weight is a factor one might opt for lazer (a).  We'll see if it holds up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey, I bought this one you mention here and this one http://cgi.ebay.com/External-Adjustable-Green-Laser-Sight-w-QD-Lever-Mount_W0QQitemZ350128300321QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350128300321&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting which was recommended on another post.  Both are as advertised and good quality.  The lazer you are talking about here (a) is smaller and lighter and has a smaller mouse tail on it. The Ebay lazer (b) is larger and weighs more.  Both come with seemingly sturdy mounts.  Lazer (b) seems brighter that (a) even though (a) touts a higher power.  Both have beams that are easily seen in daylight fifty yards away.  Without really putting them through an adequate test yet, at this point I would have to recommend the ebay lazer (b) because it is brighter and about $80 cheaper.  If weight is a factor one might opt for lazer (a).  We'll see if it holds up.

Thanks, let us know if you do any testing...and how they hold up to actual use on a rifle.

Flint.

Link Posted: 1/1/2009 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm interested in the post-use report, as well.  I really liked my buddy's 40mW star pointer that he brought over tonight.  Supposed to have a range of 20 miles or so, and I told him I gotta have something like that on my rifle!  haha
Link Posted: 1/2/2009 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone tell me the size of the beam at 100 and posibly 200 yards? Has anyone used the NcStar green laser?
Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Not for this laser specifically, but most inexpensive green lasers have similar divergence specs.

I have a 50 mW green pointer, and at 100 yards, the dot size is about 5".

Link Posted: 1/3/2009 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks.
jim
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#18]
It's pretty darn bright.

This is from my bedroom into my bathroom (about 18 ft.)
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/flintknapper/laserbright_1.jpg

This is about dusk. (distance to tree approx. 75 yds.)
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/flintknapper/laser_75.jpg

Same time. (distance about 150 yds.)
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/flintknapper/laser_150.jpg

Link Posted: 1/4/2009 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Very impressive!
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I was looking for a laser. Glad I saw your post with pictures.
Looks very impressive and worth a try at price below.
I just ordered from Amazon at $145.00

Thanks for your post.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought one of the cheap ones off egay and it was doa.  The seller sent me another and it died within 30 seconds of use.  I liked the housing since it had windage and elevation knobs, so I since bought a 40-50 mw module to replace the dead one from a failry reputable source.  

Holy crap is it bright!  It's like a friggin light saber at night.  I almost think the dot is too bright at times because when it hits a light colored object it sprays the light out enough that the dot becomes a bright splash several inches across.  But I still think it's really cool and plan on using it.    Especially on Jack rabbits.

BTW, even a 5 mw greenie has a beam that can be seen at night.  Oh also, when you mount this on an AR, it will be a couple of inches away from your barrel (or sights), so when you sight it in you'll have to choose a distance where it lines up with your point of aim.  On my eotech, it's below the circle at really close range, but around 50 yards it right in the middle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#22]
for the low money market I found NCSTAR product green laser, only thing is I cant figure out how the regular push buttom switch works? I installed the preasure switch no problem. price 70.00 dont exspect heavy use from it. Also got there flash light. both are what I would call acceptable for the dollar.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Just ordered one myself.  Just what I was looking for.  I always drooled over the 5mW green laser pointer in the Orion Telescope catalog.  Now I will have one for my ar15 and astronomy!   The features I was looking for was windage and elevation adujustments and rail mount under 200.  Perfect.

Question about ths unit.  It looks like the box has an extra end cap I assume this is for changing from push button operation to pig tail.  Correct?

Thanks,

Dyno
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 3:54:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just ordered one myself.  Just what I was looking for.  I always drooled over the 5mW green laser pointer in the Orion Telescope catalog.  Now I will have one for my ar15 and astronomy!   The features I was looking for was windage and elevation adujustments and rail mount under 200.  Perfect.

Question about ths unit.  It looks like the box has an extra end cap I assume this is for changing from push button operation to pig tail.  Correct?
Thanks,

Dyno

That is correct.  Actually...the unit comes boxed with the "pig tail" (pressure switch) installed and there is a momentary switch included as well.

The momentary switch (if screwed all the way down) provides a "constant on" mode. When backed off a bit...it behaves as a normal momentary switch.

The laser is also shipped with an "attenuator cap" that is supposed to limit the output to approximately 5mW if desired. Mine did not come with the cap....but a letter stating that it would be shipped later was included with my purchase.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Holy crap is it bright!  It's like a friggin light saber at night.  I almost think the dot is too bright at times because when it hits a light colored object it sprays the light out enough that the dot becomes a bright splash several inches across.  But I still think it's really cool and plan on using it. Especially on Jack rabbits.

Reflection/diffusion off of light colored (or reflective) objects can be a problem at times. At close distances (21' in this case) there is a considerable amount of "flash".

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/flintknapper/laser_room.jpg

It is much less on darker objects and becomes less as distance increases....but my laser will actually light up a room at night. From the receiving end...this is what it looks like in early morning conditions:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/flintknapper/laser_room2.jpg

As far as hunting Jack Rabbits with it, I can tell you from preliminary testing...they will most likely see the dot (or beam) and be spooked by it. I scared my horses with it yesterday afternoon at a distance over 200 yds by shining it on the ground in front of them.

Birds can see it....and my dogs are terrified of it.

I found out quickly that wild hogs (what I bought it for) are very sensitive to it. Of course, everyone knows that "red" would be the color to use on hogs and most fur bearing animals...as it is a wavelength they are less likely to see. But...my purpose was to have a laser that (I) can see...for quick follow up shots.

In broad daylight I was able to get the dot on several hogs without them noticing... because there was no beam. Anytime you have dust or moisture in the air you can see the beam, this increases the darker it gets.

I first tried putting the dot over the backs of the hogs and then bringing it down on them....but the Alpha Sow spotted it on some foliage behind them (about 20 yds.) and they spooked. The group came back after a few minutes....so I tried moving the dot along the ground and up to them. Again, it was spotted and they spooked.

About 5 minutes later...they came back in... and I decided to just "blip" the momentary switch, note where the dot was... and correct for aim (hand held, not on rifle yet). This finally worked...and I was able to get a good dot on black hogs at 75 yds. Eventually  one of them noticed the dot on the hog beside it and let out a "woof" spooking the whole group.

This last time.... was just too much for them...and I watched as they walked down the old logging road away from me. I stayed on stand until dark to make certain they had left and then got down...having learned what I wanted to know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 6:35:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just ordered one myself. Just what I was looking for. I always drooled over the 5mW green laser pointer in the Orion Telescope catalog. Now I will have one for my ar15 and astronomy! The features I was looking for was windage and elevation adujustments and rail mount under 200. Perfect.

Question about ths unit. It looks like the box has an extra end cap I assume this is for changing from push button operation to pig tail. Correct?

Thanks,

Dyno

That is correct. Actually...the unit comes boxed with the "pig tail" (pressure switch) installed and there is a momentary switch included as well.

The momentary switch (if screwed all the way down) provides a "constant on" mode. When backed off a bit...it behaves as a normal momentary switch.

The laser is also shipped with an "attenuator cap" that is supposed to limit the output to approximately 5mW if desired. Mine did not come with the cap....but a letter stating that it would be shipped later was included with my purchase.

Thanks.   When using this for astronomy I might use the attenuator cap.   You never know how many planes are up there and hitting a cabin of a plane with one of these is a hugh no no.   You will get a visit if you target them.    There are fantastic for pointing out stars and constellations and DSO's.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Dot on horses at approximately 45-50 yds , overcast day, 9:30 a.m. , light drizzle.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/flintknapper/dot_on_horse.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/flintknapper/dot_on_horse2.jpg

And........no, I am not hunting horses!
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Hi all - this Chuck Maricle from AixiZ. I am here to answer any questions you might have. Reading the thread, let me clear up a few items.

First, we have five government contracts for this unit which I will email (edited of course for confidentiality) to prove if requested. We also do not list the names of military members on the references since they are restricted from doing so.

Second, please remember what this unit is designed to be. Many units such as this have some similarity since parts sourcing is pretty common among manufacturers. These are assembled and tested in Houston, Texas per our government contracts. This laser is all about the power level, not the whistles and bells. This is a very simple to operate unit which was designed to be powerful and , if destroyed, inexpensive.

AixiZ is a licensed laser manufacturing company TX # Z02107 and our Federal suppler ID is 4MF77. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau www.bbbhouston.org

If you have any questions, we will check here as well as my direct email [email protected] and any of the following phone numbers:

Toll Free (888) 424-9491

Northern Europe (London)   020.7993.2961
Central Europe (Paris)         017-281-3002
Southern Europe (Milan) 02-9942-1306
Mexico (Central America) 52 55 8525 9138

We have also released an infrared version of this unit at 980nm.

Chuck

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hi all - this Chuck Maricle from AixiZ. I am here to answer any questions you might have. Reading the thread, let me clear up a few items.

First, we have five government contracts for this unit which I will email (edited of course for confidentiality) to prove if requested. We also do not list the names of military members on the references since they are restricted from doing so.

Second, please remember what this unit is designed to be. Many units such as this have some similarity since parts sourcing is pretty common among manufacturers. These are assembled and tested in Houston, Texas per our government contracts. This laser is all about the power level, not the whistles and bells. This is a very simple to operate unit which was designed to be powerful and , if destroyed, inexpensive.

AixiZ is a licensed laser manufacturing company TX # Z02107 and our Federal suppler ID is 4MF77. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau www.bbbhouston.org

If you have any questions, we will check here as well as my direct email [email protected] and any of the following phone numbers:

Toll Free (888) 424-9491

Chuck

Welcome to AR15.com, and thanks for your response.  Looks like a nice product you have there.

Link Posted: 1/7/2009 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Toll Free (888) 424-9491

Chuck

Welcome to AR15.com, and thanks for your response.  Looks like a nice product you have there.

I am well pleased with mine so far.  Chuck has been both patient and faithful to answer all of my questions. I have been looking for a good quality (and reasonably priced) unit to recommend to the members here.

I will be doing some informal testing/evaluating/reviewing....in the coming months and posting that information here along with pics.

I am currently waiting on a custom upper that I want to install my unit on.....so it will be awhile before my review is complete.

At this point however...I will say that Chuck has been very accomodating....and I believe this product may be what many of us are looking for. Those who have (or plan to) purchase this laser, please take the the time to give your opinion(s) of it in this thread.

Note: I have no affiliation with AixiZ....I am simply pleased (thus far) with their product.

Thanks,

Flint.

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Paypal had an incomplete snail mail address.  I called AixiZ and the lady that answered promptly pulled my order corrected the address and got it shipped out.  Good customer service.

Appreciate Chuck Maricle from AixiZ taking the time to post here and answer any questions.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#32]
HI
This laser looks well good, are they available to me in the u.k. My Ar needs one!
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
HI
This laser looks well good, are they available to me in the u.k. My Ar needs one!

Their ebay ad indicates they ship "worldwide", so unless there are some restrictions in the UK regarding lasers...I would assume you can get one.

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#34]
No restrictions on lasers here in uk.
Anyone know what dot size is at 50yds?
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Saw this same laser on amazon.com.  I am also shopping for a green laser. FWIW, there is 1 review on this on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Laser-Sight-average-Attenucap/dp/B0017000CA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1229560615&sr=8-1

Uh, I looked at the "review" and it's from Mr. Maracle, the seller. Not unbiased exactly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm sure it would vary some (one laser to another), but if you look at the post above where I placed it on my horses, you can get some idea. I would estimate the beam is 2"-2 1/2" in diameter @ 50 yds.

My brother bought one recently and will be visiting at the end of the month. I plan on comparing his to mine...and measuring the dot at various distances. The dot "size" depends largely upon the surface (and color) of the object though.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Many thanks for the info. I rekn i'm gonna see if i can get one shipped to the u.k, the general opinion seems they are worth a go. I dont want to break the bank on a lasermax or aimshot , i'll tell you how i get on
cheers from this side of the pond
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I received mine.   It performed as Flint has demonstrated.  

Some observations:

I really thought the unit had bezels to zero it, and the set screws were to lock it.   The set screws are what you use to zero it.  There are no other adjustments, the unit is solid.  I don’t know what the marks mean.   I called Aixiz and Chuck said for a unit with adjustments like that you would pay a lot more.  I can certainly understand that.   He did suggest using lock tight on the hex set screws to help hold zero.  

I can not see any difference with attenuator cap.   I tried inside and outside, night and day and it didn’t seem to change the appearance to me.   Maybe I am missing something.

The Specifications are 0 - +10 C for operating temperature.  It’s not lying.  It did not like the cold.       I took it out to the range; temp 20F.   Within a few minutes it was considerably dimmer.   When it warmed up it got brighter.

When using the end cap pressure switch you can crank it down and it will stay on and then just back off some and then it’s a momentary switch.  Flint replied to my question about that.  I want a more positive end cap pressure switch when using this in a freehand application.   Include a washer that allows you to tighten the end cap but it will not come on unless you push the button would be a good addition.  I couldn’t find a washer so I used a rubber O-ring that worked for me.

The unit is solid and works as advertised.   You get great customer service, fast shipping, and a really good price.

Thanks,

Dyno
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Dynotech wrote:
I received mine.   It performed as Flint has demonstrated.  

Some observations:

I really thought the unit had bezels to zero it, and the set screws were to lock it.   The set screws are what you use to zero it.  There are no other adjustments, the unit is solid.  I don’t know what the marks mean.   I called Aixiz and Chuck said for a unit with adjustments like that you would pay a lot more.  I can certainly understand that.   He did suggest using lock tight on the hex set screws to help hold zero.  

What I found is that there is room for a second "set screw" on top of the one provided for adjustment. This method allows you to set the unit to "zero" then simply "snug" a second set screw on top of the adjuster to act as a "jam nut". This avoids using loc-tite and seems to hold well enough. Remember......just "snug", no need to over-tighten.

I can not see any difference with attenuator cap.   I tried inside and outside, night and day and it didn’t seem to change the appearance to me.   Maybe I am missing something.

I don't have my cap yet, but plan on doing some informal testing with it.

The Specifications are 0 - +10 C for operating temperature.  It’s not lying.  It did not like the cold.       I took it out to the range; temp 20F.   Within a few minutes it was considerably dimmer.   When it warmed up it got brighter.

This is pretty common with this type laser. For me.....it is not a big issue, but most of all...I appreciate the sellers honesty and candor in presenting his product. I can live with that!

When using the end cap pressure switch you can crank it down and it will stay on and then just back off some and then it’s a momentary switch.  Flint replied to my question about that.  I want a more positive end cap pressure switch when using this in a freehand application.   Include a washer that allows you to tighten the end cap but it will not come on unless you push the button would be a good addition.  I couldn’t find a washer so I used a rubber O-ring that worked for me.

I happened to have several phenolic washers of the correct I.D. out in my shop and used those to space the cap back from the "full on" position. This improved the feel of the momentary button and made for a more reliable function. I am currently looking at several "surefire tail caps" to determine compatibility (or not).

The unit is solid and works as advertised.   You get great customer service, fast shipping, and a really good price.

Thus far...I would have to agree. I am a brutally honest person...so if something turns out to be "not so Kosher", I will relate that as well.

I hope this turns out to be a viable laser for some of the folks here. I will be testing mine...and encourage others to report back with your experiences as well.

Thanks,

Flint.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Flint,

Thanks for keeping us informed on this laser.
I should have mine by Monday.
Will take all of your recommendations on setting it up.

Link Posted: 1/11/2009 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Excellent idea to use a second set screw Flint.  I have many of those.

One other thing I noticed is it helps to remove the warning sticker when mounting.  It gives a more soild and accurate mount.

Question for Chuck;

Do you make one of these with a housing that uses adjustible bezels to zero the unit?  If so is it availible to the public and how much?

Thanks,

Dyno
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Thats not uncommon, but it is a typo. +30 is the upper limit. The crystals need to warm up.

Chuck
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#43]
We do ship worldwide. We mark them as a "gift" and as either a flashlight or lighting part with a $5 value to make life easier for our customers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I anybody received the end cap letter, please emal me with your address at [email protected] so I can send it to you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#45]
We are looking to do that in a different version. Again, keep in mind this one basically meant to be disposable by the govt.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I have one too and it is as bright as the pic show. At night time shining it around the back yard makes it seem like you have a huge light saber.

I also found out that it doesn't like to work in the cold, i.e. sub-zero (Celcius) temps. But it will heat up quickly if you hold it on, or place you hand on the laser body to warm it up.

It's very cool, but makes me wonder if it would be a tactical disadvantage at night as other people can easily tell where you are by tracing the beam back to the source.

Nonetheless, I like it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Hi
Trying to order through paypal to ship to uk. Dont seem able to change the amount for shipping. Can you look into it

thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 8:48:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have one too and it is as bright as the pic show. At night time shining it around the back yard makes it seem like you have a huge light saber.

I also found out that it doesn't like to work in the cold, i.e. sub-zero (Celcius) temps. But it will heat up quickly if you hold it on, or place you hand on the laser body to warm it up.

It's very cool, but makes me wonder if it would be a tactical disadvantage at night as other people can easily tell where you are by tracing the beam back to the source.
Nonetheless, I like it.

Excellent point.

Absolutely a "target indicator".  Same with a flashlight....except the beam of the laser can indicate your position from a much farther distance.

The answer of course....is to use the laser in momentary mode, then move (if possible). The only time I would leave the laser on more than a few short seconds would be to use it as a "pointing tool" or "signal". Otherwise (in a tactical sense): Project beam and move, project beam and move....

Link Posted: 1/12/2009 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thats not uncommon, but it is a typo. +30 is the upper limit. The crystals need to warm up.

Chuck

Glad to here that.  I thought 50F was low for the high temp.  In f it's 32 - 86.   That works.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure it would vary some (one laser to another), but if you look at the post above where I placed it on my horses, you can get some idea. I would estimate the beam is 2"-2 1/2" in diameter @ 50 yds.

My brother bought one recently and will be visiting at the end of the month. I plan on comparing his to mine...and measuring the dot at various distances. The dot "size" depends largely upon the surface (and color) of the object though.

Most green lasers have a minimum size that's as small as they get.  If the optics are misaligned or poorly designed, it can get bigger or misshaped, but a good QA program will catch those before they ship, and my experience is that most of them are pretty close to the same.

My 50 mW green pointer is 5" at 100 yards.  A little variation depends on where you decide the edge of the dot is, as it's fuzzy at the edges, but that's a good ballpark estimate in my experience.

I don't know why everyone sells these things with the markings that make it look like there's a calibrated set of adjustment knobs.  That's one of the single biggest complaints I hear - people thought it had knobs, but it has allen wrench adjustments.  As the vendor stated, knob adjustments would increase the price dramatically.

I've also found zeroing lasers with these adjustments to be a huge pain.  My favorite technique now is to mount a scope or red dot, zero that if necessary, then adjust the laser to line up with the scope reticle at whatever range you want it be zeroed at.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top