BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2007 2:35:34 PM EDT
Hope to shit this hasn't been posted already,but here we go-

This mount:

Is it any good? I'm getting a 16in carbine and if I put a short rail on the hand gaurd I'm gonna have to go with the AWB upper and no FH since it "balances" better.

This mount,or any barrel mount,makes the carbine look better with a FH since it adds a bit more "meat" under the barrel.

Yes I'm going for looks

And hey,thanks to PK Firearms since it's their pic.
Link Posted: 12/22/2007 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It certainly gets an "ewwww" in the looks department, which is what a fair amount of folks first consider.
Link Posted: 12/22/2007 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I go "ewww" if it got put on a 20in AR,but it would look good on a carbine since you've got all that tube hanging out the front,or maybe I'm just FUBAR'd

I just need to know if it's junk,if it holds up well I'm happy.

Also any under barrel mount is good,I just want it there on the carbine,so figure eight mount's? barrel clamps?? hey just point me at it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2007 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Works great.  Here's a photo of my KISS carbine with an Elzetta and a SureFire G2 (the G2 looks alot better in Dark Earth than bright yellow!).  

I've shot maybe 500 rounds through it since I put the Elzetta mount on and it has held tight.  Looks cool too IMO.

I have one just like it (only in Dark Earth color) on another rifle of mine (shown in this thread with a second light attached just for fun).

Link Posted: 12/22/2007 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Aaah thanks sonrider,this is what I'm looking for! to my mind it makes a carbine with FH look "right".

BTW I'm putting a KISS carbine together myself,A1 upper and scope with a 3watt LED light (not that yellow thing they got mounted in the pic! )

Gonna get some parts this month
Link Posted: 12/22/2007 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems to be a pretty decent piece of kit. I just finished installing them on the 10 rifles I maintain at work. We went with Surefire G2L lights.
Just be sure not to overtighten the screws and locktite them in place.
We'll see how well they hold up. I think they will be fine but a year or two in a cruiser will tell the tale.
Link Posted: 12/23/2007 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I did not loctite mine and it has held very well.  Loctite can never hurt though.

Link Posted: 12/24/2007 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're going for looks, get something else.

That is quite possibly one of the most downright ugly things I've ever seen made for an AR.

But then again, if you shop out of the tapco catalog...then you might just like it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Every time I've taken it to the range, it has drawn a lot of attention and those who have commented on it so far have thought that it looked pretty cool.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2008 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Tried to mount mine on a 16" Colt "pencil" barrel (.625"?) and the mount ended up sort of loose and wobbly.  I wrote to Elzetta and they explained that I have one of the first production model mounts and that it fits fine with heavier barrels, but not the "pencil" barrel.

Elzetta has offered to send me a new mount at no charge that has been designed to fit my barrel diameter.  I think this is great customer service and look forward to trying the new Elzetta mount.  I'll use a G2 light in mine as well.  Not so concerned about looks as performance in a defensive rifle night encounter application.  Pretty is as pretty does.

As a bonus, I will now have another Elzetta mount (the old one) for my heavier barrel AR.  I do need to "pony-up" for the LED G2 though.  Anyway, kudos to Elzetta.

dvo
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 7:21:02 AM EDT
[#10]
As a final update, I did receive the new Elzetta mount and fitted the light this morning.  The mount is a nice snug fit on my AR and the light seems pretty easy to actuate either as a temporary flash, or full on light.  If you don't want, or can't afford an aluminum railed forend for your AR, but still want to mount a light, the Elzetta will work for you.  Their customer service is top-notch as well.

dvo  
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As a final update, I did receive the new Elzetta mount and fitted the light this morning.  The mount is a nice snug fit on my AR and the light seems pretty easy to actuate either as a temporary flash, or full on light.  If you don't want, or can't afford an aluminum railed forend for your AR, but still want to mount a light, the Elzetta will work for you.  Their customer service is top-notch as well.

dvo  

Same here!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top