User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Omg the suspense is killing me!!! I NEED A RANGE REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump taggety.

BTW, if anyone hasn't gone and checked that "wickedlazers" page yet, do so. Farkin' cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bump taggety.

BTW, if anyone hasn't gone and checked that "wickedlazers" page yet, do so. Farkin' cool.

And disturbing...

Build a gun around that and you have a Star Wars technology weapon
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
"WARNING: Do not look into laser with remaining eye."
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

here a report, you guys need to read the whole topic

Quoted:
i bought one of the surefire knockoffs.  this was supposed to be the "upgraded" 35mW model.  the casing is nice and substantial.  the wind/elev dials don't work.  the hex screw adjustment hardly works and it wouldn't maintain zero.  the laser is bright as hell though.

i mounted it on a Bushy AR 9mm pistol, and took it to the range last weekend.  it lasted about 30 rnds, could never be zeroed, and then permanently died.  changed batteries, checked all wires and circuit board.  its dead.  this is about what i expected when buying a $100 surefire knockoff via ebay.

now that i've played with a bright green laser though, i'm hooked and will have to get a real one.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

here a report, you guys need to read the whole topic

Quoted:
i bought one of the surefire knockoffs.  this was supposed to be the "upgraded" 35mW model.  the casing is nice and substantial.  the wind/elev dials don't work.  the hex screw adjustment hardly works and it wouldn't maintain zero.  the laser is bright as hell though.

i mounted it on a Bushy AR 9mm pistol, and took it to the range last weekend.  it lasted about 30 rnds, could never be zeroed, and then permanently died.  changed batteries, checked all wires and circuit board.  its dead.  this is about what i expected when buying a $100 surefire knockoff via ebay.

now that i've played with a bright green laser though, i'm hooked and will have to get a real one.

Sorry, but we want to hear from Bomber too.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
WHERE THE HELL IS BOMBER with that OTAL range report................PHUCK
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got the one from 1337tactical ...  Im gonna test it tommorow and will let everyone know how it goes.

www.1337tactical.com/pro-show.asp?column_cat_id=3&column_id=11

Its bright as hell !!  I was playing around with it tonight and it does go farther than I can see.  The beam is also visable which is REALLY cool but inpractical.  

I also realised that the X, Y twist adjustments are just for show.  You Zero it using hex screws.
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#12]
tag
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just got the one from 1337tactical ...  Im gonna test it tommorow and will let everyone know how it goes.

www.1337tactical.com/pro-show.asp?column_cat_id=3&column_id=11

Its bright as hell !!  I was playing around with it tonight and it does go farther than I can see.  The beam is also visable which is REALLY cool but inpractical.  

I also realised that the X, Y twist adjustments are just for show.  You Zero it using hex screws.

The burning question is how do you KEEP it zeroed?  

Link Posted: 4/22/2006 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Well Im back from the range.--

Unfortunatly I did NOT get to use the laser because I left it at home :(  Sorry guys.

Link Posted: 4/22/2006 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WHERE THE HELL IS BOMBER with that OTAL range report................PHUCK

that's what the hell I would like to know

Come on Bomber give us a report or at least let us know when you think you'll be able to
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I just got mine from a HK dealer that uses the rings to adjust, they call it "action adjustable"." The mechanism is basically an oblong housing on the adjusting rings that moves the laser head when it is twist. Won't be able to take it to a range anytime soon due to work contrains but I'll put up some pictures after I play with it for awhile. I though about picking one of the regular knock offs with the hex screws adjustments but sprung another $20 for an "action adjustable" one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2006 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I doubt these would be able to holdup to recoil, as they are simply toys...but still...you never know! :P

-Andrew
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#19]
well here is a prelim report:

I shot last night with the laser -- every 10 or so rounds it fell of the rail so I cant tell you if it holds Zero.  It moved all over the place so it was imposible to even try and zero it.  It feels tight when I mount it but apparently not tight enough.

Im going to try another mount (dont have one right now) and post up when I do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I shot last night with the laser -- every 10 or so rounds it fell of the rail so I cant tell you if it holds Zero.  It moved all over the place so it was imposible to even try and zero it.  It feels tight when I mount it but apparently not tight enough.

Link Posted: 4/24/2006 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It just fell off? Was it a bad mount, or something?
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like the mount was unmounting, I'm not surprised he
-Andrew
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#23]
tag for later
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#24]
My range buddy bought a surefire "green light" knock off on ebay for $200. And it was JUNK.  Could not adjust it at all.  Made in China I think and it looks exactly like the one of the first pics posted......
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I did the cheap laser thing once
the medium priced laser once and finally bought a good one.

BSA $25.00 laser:  JUNK
Korsak $145.00:  Wouldn't hold zero, mount sucked big time

Binally bout a laser devices for around $200.00
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Bomber, update?
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I did the cheap laser thing once
the medium priced laser once and finally bought a good one.

BSA $25.00 laser:  JUNK
Korsak $145.00:  Wouldn't hold zero, mount sucked big time

Binally bout a laser devices for around $200.00

Which one?

Link Posted: 5/1/2006 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I think we all should IM bomber.................
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I am waiting for this to come out.  
I believe it is the same light used in the MD2 Laser Light package.

The same price as some of the knockoffs posted, but this is made by Pentagon.

www.pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.410

Link Posted: 5/3/2006 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#32]
tag
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 5/3/2006 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#35]
TAG,

Funny how the airsoft stuff becomes more expensive, also starting to look like they are building them stronger.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I just received my G&P Honk Kong Fooey cheapo GREEN laser last night. After tormenting my dogs and cats for 15 minutes, I installed it on my M4gery. It actually is pretty sturdy for the $150 it cost. The beam is bright, and is very viewable in dim daylight.

I pretty much bought it just for the cool factor and target plinking. If zombies invade my home, I have my Aimpoint ML2 and LaRue BUIS to use.

I'll post pics soon.
Link Posted: 5/28/2006 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#37]
tag
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Hi All,

I've been lurking around these forums for a while now, and decided it was time I posted something (especially since I just droped almost 3 bills on a new Aimshot LS8200) heis much more complicated (the link, btw, is to a review of the e-bay laser).  Basically, a green laser is a really powerful red laser that's been shot through a bunch of stuff that turns the beam green.  Because there are so many more parts involved, and because all the parts have to be perfectly aligned for the green laser to... ah... be green hand they're willing to back those claims up with a 5 year warranty.  Considering how complicated a green laser is, that warranty says a lot (to me, at least).  I got my sight for $256 and change; about twice what the "nice" e-bay laser (with the working adjustment rings) costs.  If it does what they claim it will do, I consider it a bargain.

Of course, being a cynical SOB, I fully intend to test the hell out of the Aimshot, and have even contacted the LED Museum to see if they will put the laser through its paces.  I will also be glad to eat a large heaping of crow and plunk down $90 for the ebay laser if it turns out to be anywhere near as good as the Aimshot.

Sorry for the insanely long first post, and I hope at least some of you found it useful.hippie.gif
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#39]
My $80 Ebay Greenie took a big shit this past weekend.  It goes to full power for a few seconds and then dims down.  Let off the button and reactuate and it is full power for another few seconds and then dims down.  Almost like it is getting hot and the circuitry is shutting it down.  I dunno.

Debo
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My $80 Ebay Greenie took a big shit this past weekend.  It goes to full power for a few seconds and then dims down.  Let off the button and reactuate and it is full power for another few seconds and then dims down.  Almost like it is getting hot and the circuitry is shutting it down.  I dunno.

Debo

That's one of the new intermittent type that saves on batteries.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2006 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#41]

That's one of the new intermittent type that saves on batteries.

HAHA.  Funny, it didn't start out that way until I used it on a rifle.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top