Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 12:51:11 PM EDT
Hey guys.  Here is my new Bushy M4gery.  I am desperately trying to keep from hanging the kitchen sink off of the front of this rifle (see 9mm SBR pic at the bottom) and keep it clean and simple.  I wanted to have some sort of lightsource however for things that go bump in the night.  Adequate solution?  Do you see any problems with this route or does anybody else use something similiar.  Remember I am not room clearing in Fallujah, just one house here in Austin.  I realize that by having it mounted this far back there will be a little shadow (as seen in the 4th picture) but it doesn't seem to hide much.  I use the magwell as a forward grip and the switch sits right on my thumb.  Here are some pictures.  I forgot to drop the BUIS back on before I took the pics.   I don't know how to add a poll or I would.

Debo

Here is my 9mm SBR that is jazzed up a bit.  I don't want my M4gery to turn into this.  Yet  

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever works man. If you like it, that's all that should matter. I'd honestly prefer having the EO Tech mounted a little farther foward. But again, that's all a matter of preference.

BTW, considering how much light is present in your house at the time this pic was taken, that M3 looks pretty darn bright on the wall.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap- BUIS won't fit back on behind the Eotech.  Not enough room.  Will have to try sumptin' else.

FWIW there was someone who responded to a different post where I used the same picture and he seemed pretty adamant against putting a light there.  Maybe he will chime in here and let us know why it is so bad.

Debo
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It wasn't me but looks like having it mounted where its at casts a large shadow of the front end of your AR on the wall. Still, whatever works for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I suppose the best advice I could offer is to just attach a picantinny rail section to your current handguards and move the light there and add a forward vertical grip. Then you can slide the EO Tech farther forward up top where it belongs. If you want something a little more stable than the rail, just get a Samco M33 handguard set. Either way, it will still help maintain the simple look of your AR at a lower cost than adding a KAC or Larue.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!

Debo
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top