Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2017 9:23:03 AM EDT
I've looked but haven't found any pics or video's showing how Magpul's Type 2 MLOK rail panels install?

I ask because I have a 9mm SBR with suppressor and the suppressor is mounted up under a MLOK handguard. Because of this the handguard gets really hot, really fast so I'd like to put some panels on it but the problem is, there is very little clearance between the can and the forearm so I would need something extremely low profile on the inside the handguard.

Is there any other brand of MLOK panels I should be looking at?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
They just push into the slots. They require a little less clearance than the t-nuts by a little. But they aren't exactly heat proof, fyi.  Kind of the trade off with having an under handguard suppressor.

What handguard and suppressor? Pics.

Strike industries and Ergo make panels too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I've looked at the Ergo ones. No way they would work and sounds like the Magpuls won't either. That's fine, I can use it as is with little issue. If need be I can wear some gloves if it becomes a problem. I don't have a happy switch and I don't do mag dumps so it shouldn't be too bad.

Forearm = Troy 7.2" MLOK
Barrel = ADCO 4.5" 9mm
Suppressor =  SiCo Octane 9mm

ETA...
the ID of the Troy is 1.58"
The OD of the Octane is 1.37"

So obviously, I don't have a lot of room to play with
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, doesn't look like it. Only other suggestion is going with a larger diameter handguard like Aero Precision or MI large diameter handguards, or an actual quadrail.

Neat little rig, if it was me I'd probably just stick a vertical grip where you have that hand stop.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, not going to change it. It handles, shoots and balances too well as is to be messing with it.

Besides, its not that much of an issue. I wrap my index finger around the handstop and the rest of my hand fits behind it and the mag well. It works well as an index and doesn't get near as hot back there. Thanks for trying to help
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top