Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 12:39:15 PM EDT
Anyone recommend a bipod that allows me to swivel the rifle from side to side?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlas.

It's stupid expensive, but worth every dime.

There are some Harris's that will do it, but I prefer the atlas.. You be the judge:

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The new GG&G bipods also pan and cant.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Atlas.  Worth it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Versa pod, and you just unclip it to take all that unnecessary weight off when you dont need it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Versa pod, and you just unclip it to take all that unnecessary weight off when you dont need it.
View Quote

LaRue QD too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up an inexpensive UTG bipod that allows some side to side panning.  For $30 this one is hard to beat.  See the video link below for the details.

ZlbWS0EThDM
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The Atlas is awesome but the harris is also great.  I have both and prefer one over the other depending on the type shooting.  When I'm on the clock I prefer the harris.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The Versa Pod does have side to side tilt, but my versa pod wasn't as tight as I wanted in a bipod. Due to the interface, there can be a little play between the versapod and the attachment point. I currently run an Atlas and as others have said, it is worth it. Its is rock solid and easy to adjust in a pinch.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude, the original Armalite/Colt clip on style lets you swivel side to side. And it clips to the barrel, so your bipod mount is already there, NO extra weight! Don't think there is a lighter bipod either? AND, if you get one of the ones made out of plastic (does anyone make them like they did back in the 70's and 80's?), it doesn't rust and it doesn't marr your barrel. Ever see a 180  that has two bright silver rings around the barrel right in front of the sight tower? That is because Armalite made a "keeper" ring on the barrel to keep the bipod in one place on the barrel, leading to a wear ring.

Almost forgot, the bipod clips to the AR-15 barrel under the sight tower. You just don't see anybody hardly using that old style any more, but it was simple and effective.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top