BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/23/2015 9:10:56 PM EDT
I never got into them and have not been seeing them on many new builds. Are they no longer cool? Tell me what you think.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I like them but they prevented reliable lock back on the last shot on every rifle I own...so I stopped using them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Poll fail. Double is.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Has its place.

Like on a 9mm lower with no bolt hold open.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't knock it until I tried it. Seemed like a great concept at first. But several things turned me off. I've trained so long to have the rhythm of finger drop stop slap That I found myself pausing to intentionally use my finger to operate it. Second, it looked fucking stupid .Third, I couldn't help looking at it thinking, "that's 30 bucks worth of bullshit" sticking out both sides of my "purpose based " tool. The nail in the coffin was the Facebook groups. Where a turd with a bushmaster thought his rifle was worth 1600+ because of his enhanced trigger guard, bad lever, and  anti walk pins with a stock trigger. Fucking nope.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't knock it until I tried it. Seemed like a great concept at first. But several things turned me off. I've trained so long to have the rhythm of finger drop stop slap That I found myself pausing to intentionally use my finger to operate it. Second, it looked fucking stupid .Third, I couldn't help looking at it thinking, "that's 30 bucks worth of bullshit" sticking out both sides of my "purpose based " tool. The nail in the coffin was the Facebook groups. Where a turd with a bushmaster thought his rifle was worth 1600+ because of his enhanced trigger guard, bad lever, and  anti walk pins with a stock trigger. Fucking nope.
View Quote

Sounds like you have it all figured out then.
what was the point of the poll?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...wasn't my poll.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ummm...wasn't my poll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...wasn't my poll.

Oops, never mind then. Join date confused me.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Im so used to not using one i forget I have it on there. they work great for me while prone position though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Never was.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Got them on all my carbines. I'm a lefty so they work great for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't Really give two shits what people think, I love 'em.
Never had a problem with it preventing bolt lockout, and if you ND with one, your finger mechanics are all fucked up to begin with since the only direction it moves is up and down.

Think what you will, it's your gun, not mine and vice versa.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I prefer the Phase 5
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I prefer the Phase 5
View Quote

+1.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
+1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer the Phase 5

+1.
I just prefer an ambidextrous lower.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#15]
News to me that they were ever cool....
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I like them a lot for certain applications. I have never encountered any issues with them.They can really speed things up if you are comfortable with them, particularly malfunction drills.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
+1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer the Phase 5

+1.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't Really give two shits what people think, I love 'em.
Never had a problem with it preventing bolt lockout, and if you ND with one, your finger mechanics are all fucked up to begin with since the only direction it moves is up and down.

Think what you will, it's your gun, not mine and vice versa.
View Quote

Yup....+1
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Put one on my 6.8 so my wife could manipulate it easier...bolt never held open.  

SEE YA BAD LEVER!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#20]
For right handed people, I think they are pointless and adds a failure point to your weapon. If you are getting slow times with speed reloads and malfunction clearing, that's a training issue. One of my friends got one on his rifle and I still blew him away in drills.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#21]
I use one on my rie with a Redi-Mag.

Makes things far easier.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I use a BAD on my personal and duty rifles.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#23]
The only reason I have a BAD lever is so I don't have to take my firing hand off the grip in order to lock the bolt back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Not really needed when there is ambi billet lowers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Never really saw a use for it, it's fugly and seems like it would be more a hindrance than anything.

Plus I've now tried to stop drinking the Magpul kool aid, I still like the CTR and Pmags but other than that I try to avoid it.

Not because there's anything wrong with it, I'm just sick of the Magpul whores that buy every accessory from Magpul that will fit on their rifle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Never really saw a use for it, it's fugly and seems like it would be more a hindrance than anything.

Plus I've now tried to stop drinking the Magpul kool aid, I still like the CTR and Pmags but other than that I try to avoid it.

Not because there's anything wrong with it, I'm just sick of the Magpul whores that buy every accessory from Magpul that will fit on their rifle.
View Quote
I have one on 1 rifle out of my 5 ARs. It's because of the Redi-Mag.

As for Magpul. I like the CTR and and MOE stocks. I onky have ten Pmags because they were less than $90 for 10 of then. The other 70 or so mags are GI 30rd and 20rd mags. They do make some nice stuff but yes... the Magpul whores are a bit crazy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I never really liked the thought of bolting a long extension onto a tiny lever in the first place. It seems like it would make it easier to snap the BHO lever off if something hit the BAD lever.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Never was.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I really didn't like the idea of them. It just seemed stupid. Then I finally tried one and was pleasantly surprised. Some guys say they cause issues, but the two rifles that I have them onm have never had a single malfunction, and drills to clear are much simpler. Will I throw them on all my rifles? No. Because you don't want to get too used to something that isn't always there, but i'm happy with their performance on the two I have.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As for Magpul. I like the CTR and and MOE stocks. I onky have ten Pmags because they were less than $90 for 10 of then. The other 70 or so mags are GI 30rd and 20rd mags. They do make some nice stuff but yes... the Magpul whores are a bit crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why you gotta hate?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#32]
This should be moved to GD since its about coolness or lack there of..

I'm just going to leave this here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Ran one for a while, pulled it off, b/c to be honest, for a lefty it really didn't serve any useful purpose imo.  It's more suitable/useful for RH shooters, if anything.  Plus, the wobble just annoyed me.  

Also tried the Blue Teal Ambi bolt release - another case of where I think it's more useful for a RH shooter.  The only real useful/usable ambi bolt controls I've found are those designed into the lower like the AXTS or LWRCi lowers, to be honest.  Of course, a much more sizable investment.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#34]
the only thing i want inside the trigger guard is a trigger.  just my opinion.  plus, i heard they can keep the bolt from locking back.  plus, it's plastic
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This should be moved to GD since its about coolness or lack there of..

I'm just going to leave this here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ
View Quote

Not to pull a nutnfancy but I was referring to both kinds of cool.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
the only thing i want inside the trigger guard is a trigger.  just my opinion.  plus, i heard they can keep the bolt from locking back.  plus, it's plastic
View Quote

Actually they're aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess he has never tried one much less fondled one ever.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't care if everyone love them or thinks they are lame. I like my BAD levers, especially with malfunction drills, and I will continue to use them. I also have never experienced any issues with bolt hold open functioning
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I have them on two ARs with one coming for one I just built. I have had zero issues with them and prefer them to just the standard ping-pong paddle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't care if everyone love them or thinks they are lame. I like my BAD levers, especially with malfunction drills, and I will continue to use them. I also have never experienced any issues with bolt hold open functioning
View Quote

You said this better than I would.  I started out with one and liked how well it worked so I got one for by other 3 AR's.  I've never had a malfunction or any other issue with them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I had these on a couple rifles back in the day but I currently do not run one. I never had issues with them but I guess they really are not needed so I haven't used one on my last two or three builds.

Back when ammo was cheap I didn't mind wasting money on parts but now I spend extra cash on more ammo! :)
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Bought another one yesterday.  Love 'em.

I would much rather have a lower that had that functionality built-in, though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:42:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm a lefty.  They're pretty useless for me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#44]
i use them on all my rifles.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then you're not doing it right.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I have them on every rifle that allows them to be installed but it was never about being cool or keeping up with the Jones’. The BAD lever was design for faster malfunction clearance and it does that very well.

It does, more times than not, not allow the bolt to lock back on an empty magazine. I do not find this to be a legitimate reason not to use one. The bolt locking to the rear on the last round is only an issue due to the fact it adds time to reloading the rifle. However, I have had rifles without the BAD lever fail to lock back while using USGI mags and PMAGs. I have experienced the failure to lock back with a magazine one time but not the next time or the next five times. I have had the failure while using quality ammo. Bolt lock back on the last round is not a guaranteed on any rifle or handgun. There are many reasons a firearm will not lock back on the last round and it should not be relied on.

A malfunction is bigger a concern and takes longer to fix than replacing an empty magazine. The BAD lever decreases the time to clear the malfunction while in most cases never taking your hand off fire control or dismounting the rifle. In my opinion the advantages of the BAD Lever outweigh any disadvantage.

Suggesting that a product should not be used simply because it is “ugly” or due to the manufacture’s fan base is just as silly as using it because it looks cool or because all the cool kids are using it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#48]
I like my phase 5 because its one piece as opposed to attaching it. I also have a tactical link that I like, but the phase 5 looks the best.

Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like my phase 5 because its one piece as opposed to attaching it. I also have a tactical link that I like, but the phase 5 looks the best.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/blackbelt38/IMG_20150502_173058_zps7s0lmbqf.jpg
View Quote

I function test my bad levers then they get jbwelded.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Concerns me to have extra stuff in the trigger-well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top