Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2009 3:04:11 AM EDT
I'm considering getting either a BFG VCAS padded Double AA model with the push button sling attachments or the VTAC sling from LaRue.  

Does anyone have experience with both these slings and which one do you prefer?  Which one is easier to adjust and carry your weapon in various positions?  

It will go on a carbine with Sopmod stock and LaRue rail if that makes any difference.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 3:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
This has been asked quite a bit. It's more of a personal choice. They're both great slings. I had the Larue padded but soon sold it only because I found the material too slick. I like the webbing BFG uses better.   I'll be ordering the BFG when funds allow. And I know it's mentioned, but I never had a problem with the tail on the VTAC.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The vtac is a great sling but it always gets in the way and tangles when I separate the halves..sounds like a personal problem huh?
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The vtac is a great sling but it always gets in the way and tangles when I separate the halves..sounds like a personal problem huh?

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I went w/ the AA, heard that the padded version doesn't snug as much
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the VCAS for long and short carbines.

I like the VTAC for full length rifles or long barreled carbines with cans.

I run a padded VTAC on my issued M4.

S/F
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I went w/ the AA, heard that the padded version doesn't snug as much

The padded works best with the mounting points at the rear of the lower receiver and the front at the rear of the rail (LT mounting point is great for this). If you are running one off of the back of the stock and are not a fairly big person it will be out of adjustment PDQ.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Well I just ordered the BFG sling double a model with padding and push button attachments.  It hopefully will be here  for Santa to put under the tree for me.  I'll be so surprised.  

Thanks for the replies to my question.  

If I had two ARs I would just order one of each and try them out but right now I'm just outfitting my one and only Ar.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top