BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:17:32 AM EDT
I'm really interested in this double-rifle case.  It's one of the few (for the price anyway) that will hold two rifles with fixed stocks, and has a divider.

But I found, what I think, is the same case on an Airsoft site, for quite a bit cheaper.

Anyone know for sure, if they're the same?

Voodoo 46" case on Voodoo's site, for $94

Voodoo 46" case on Airsoft site, for $75

There's no "open" shots of the case on the Airsoft page, so I can't tell if it's the same double-rifle case.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 3:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say yes from looking at the two pages, as I doubt voodoo makes that many different 46" cases. Why not just call both companies and ask them what the part number is for what their selling and compare them?
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 3:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I would say yes from looking at the two pages, as I doubt voodoo makes that many different 46" cases. Why not just call both companies and ask them what the part number is for what their selling and compare them?

I emailed the Airsoft site, right before I started this thread.

I was hoping we had some users in here who could provide a quicker answer, as I'm an impatient mofo.  Was also hoping for some pics maybe.

Anyway, you're right, I only see that one 46" case on Voodoo's site.  I know products tend to be a tad more expensive on the manufacturers site, as opposed to a distributors site...........but $20???  That's the main thing that makes me question if it's the same case.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I got my VooDoo Tactical rifle case off of their Ebay store...they had it listed as 'Buy Now' for $70!!!

Great case too...I love mine!
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I got an email back from the Airsoft site, and it is indeed the same case.  I'll be ordering one soon.

Anyone have pictures they can post?  All I can find is the manufacturers pictures.............which aren't very detailed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Cheaper than dirt had cases like that for $42 a couple of months ago. I bought one for my AK and it's actually a decent case.

ETA Link: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE202-7.html

It's now 49 but it is a Voodoo brand and a lot cheaper than the $75 one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got an email back from the Airsoft site, and it is indeed the same case.  I'll be ordering one soon.

Anyone have pictures they can post?  All I can find is the manufacturers pictures.............which aren't very detailed.

These are the only ones I have...sorry for the crap quality.

Link Posted: 5/6/2009 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cheaper than dirt had cases like that for $42 a couple of months ago. I bought one for my AK and it's actually a decent case.

I believe thats the Condor branded case in the link (notice no molle straps to the sides of the pockets). Glad its working for you, but others have been less than satisfied w/ this one.

Link Posted: 5/6/2009 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The NRA Store.com also has them for $89.95. Just in black with the NRA logo. I have two of these cases. One in 36", and the other is a 46" in ACU, but mine doesn`t have the dual rifle compartment. Guess I`ll have to get a third.
Link Posted: 5/7/2009 2:40:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's not the same case.  The one you linked is 42".  Also, if it's the same one I asked another guy about (on another forum), it doesn't have the padded divider to keep the 2 rifles separate.

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/z24sport/IMG_1111.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/z24sport/IMG_1110.jpg

That has a padded divider?

EDIT:  I'm just going to order the one I linked to.  I really need a double rifle case.
Link Posted: 5/7/2009 3:10:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not the same case.  The one you linked is 42".  Also, if it's the same one I asked another guy about (on another forum), it doesn't have the padded divider to keep the 2 rifles separate.

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/z24sport/IMG_1111.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/z24sport/IMG_1110.jpg

That has a padded divider?

EDIT:  I'm just going to order the one I linked to.  I really need a double rifle case.

Yep...sure does!
Link Posted: 5/7/2009 10:28:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Just tried to order from the posted website. They only take paypal and I'm anti-paypal, plus shipping was $18 and change, there go the savings. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Link Posted: 5/7/2009 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Voodoo Tactical 42" 2-gun case.

Waiting on my MOE handguards...

Link Posted: 5/7/2009 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just tried to order from the posted website. They only take paypal and I'm anti-paypal, plus shipping was $18 and change, there go the savings. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

The Airsoft site?  That sucks.  So much for my "good find".

Thanks for the pics.  After seeing them, maybe the 42" would be big enough.  All of my guns have fixed stocks (damn NY laws), so I was thinking the 46" would be best.  The longest long-gun I have is a 19" Saiga 12 (with a shorter-than-factory stock), so that is my only concern.
Link Posted: 5/7/2009 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2009 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Just ordered thanks to your link, best price I've seen!
Thanks again

Link Posted: 5/7/2009 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, that is a good price! I paid $100 for my case at the gun show 2 weeks ago...
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Oh hells yeah!  Just put my order in for a black 46" case.................unfortunately it's backordered.  Ah well, I can wait.

For anyone else looking to get this (or anything from them) you can use coupon code: SG214, for $5 off (expires 6/19/09).  It's the only coupon code I found that doesn't require you to be a "Buyers Club" member.  I tacked on a 5-round box of slugs ($4.77).....so it was pretty much free!

Thanks a ton for that link.  Definitely the cheapest I've seen it anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#18]
The CTD prices are good, but you roll the dice on whether you get the Voodoo or Condor.  They send you whatever's on the shelf, and you can't specify.  The SG price is pretty durn good!
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the one without the extra molle straps, bought it 3-4 years ago for about $40 shipped. Nice case and was well worth the money (However my next soft 36" case will be this Link. But every time a thread comes up about these two cases and Sportsmans guide is linked, I cannot help but think how lame it is that they call it a Mil-Spec case. Like there is a mil-spec for inexpensive foreign made (but nice) budget rifle cases.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, usually where the thread goes...

Having written a few, MIL-SPEC doesn't mean US made, nor does it even mean it has to be good. Just that someone took the time to generate some piece of paper that documents the minimum level of testing that the item has to meet. We used to joke (when I way younger and only slightly more juvenile) about the MIL-SPEC for condoms. I'm sure that would hold up well in a paternity suit (but your honor, the condom was MIL-SPEC).

Wouldn't surprise me if it's just made from some mil-spec components, i.e. the nylon. But, I've beat the crap out of mine and it's held up pretty well. I'd buy another.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yep, usually where the thread goes...

Having written a few, MIL-SPEC doesn't mean US made, nor does it even mean it has to be good. Just that someone took the time to generate some piece of paper that documents the minimum level of testing that the item has to meet. We used to joke (when I way younger and only slightly more juvenile) about the MIL-SPEC for condoms. I'm sure that would hold up well in a paternity suit (but your honor, the condom was MIL-SPEC).

Wouldn't surprise me if it's just made from some mil-spec components, i.e. the nylon. But, I've beat the crap out of mine and it's held up pretty well. I'd buy another.

I agree with you that they are a durable nice case, but my guess is that SG uses Mil-Spec to attract gullible customers. Which is lame........however it does not detract from the fact that it is the best available soft case at this price point.
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The case on Cheaper then dirt is not a Voodoo Tactical. It is mfg by Condor. It is a single gun case. It is nowhere near the same quality. I know I own both. I ordered the case from cvheaper then dirt.... The shoulder strap broke the first time I used it. The zippers are crap. The pouches on the front do come off. But thats all I can say good about the Condor case.
The Voodoo case is heads and shoulders above the Condor case. Back pack straps on the back as well as a well built shoulder strap. The front pouches are not removeable.. but there are more molle straps on both sides of the attached pouches to add more if you want. The zippers are self repairing.And the Voodoo is a true 2 gun case!
After I recieved the Condor case from Cheaper then Dirt and didn't want to waste $12 more dollars to return it to them, I bought a Voodoo case from The Patriot Store as they had the best price I could find on the 36" version and didnt rape you on shipping charges.

ETA: spelling
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh hells yeah!  Just put my order in for a black 46" case.................unfortunately it's backordered.  Ah well, I can wait.

For anyone else looking to get this (or anything from them) you can use coupon code: SG214, for $5 off (expires 6/19/09).  It's the only coupon code I found that doesn't require you to be a "Buyers Club" member.  I tacked on a 5-round box of slugs ($4.77).....so it was pretty much free!

Damnit.  It was backordered until the 11th (today), so I was expecting to have an email saying it shipped out.  Nope.  I just checked the site, and it's now not expected in until the 26th.

Link Posted: 5/11/2009 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#24]
just ordered a 42 inch in coyote.

we shall see

thanks for the discount code
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damnit.  It was backordered until the 11th (today), so I was expecting to have an email saying it shipped out.  Nope.  I just checked the site, and it's now not expected in until the 26th.

Was just in email communication with Sportsmans Guide.  I switched my order to the same length (46"), but to Coyote Tan, which is in stock.  So it should ship out tomorrow.  I'll post some pictures when I get it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#26]
what size voodoo case for both a 16" w/ctr and a 18" A2.  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 10:15:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
what size voodoo case for both a 16" w/ctr and a 18" A2.  Thanks

Just measure your longest gun, and buy accordingly; 36", 42" or 46".

I went with the 46", purely for the "what if I get a longer gun in the future, that won't fit one of the smaller cases" factor.
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 2:46:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone used a 42" for a 18" with a fixed stock?
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#29]
This week I ordered the 42 inch army digital from sportsman's guide.  It is a vodoo tactical case.

I'm very pleased with the price and the quality.
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#30]
just ordered a 42" digital camo case,

thanks for the discount code
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Has anyone used a 42" for a 18" with a fixed stock?

I use a 42" for a 20" with a fixed stock. Fits both my carbine and rifle perfectly :)
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Got mine on Monday and have mixed feelings.  I like the storage options on the front/molle/inside pocket and the price was good.

I am not crazy abot:

* the relative lack of padding (compared to a 5.11 case I have)
* the fact that the shoulder strap connectors are kinda flimsy feeling
* to big for my rifle (I had spoken to voodoo tactical who had said I would need the 42inch bag but I am not sure that the 36 would have done the job)
* the straps on the inside of the bag to keep the rifle from moving are not as effective as others I have seen that are laced through molle and as such will hold the gun more securely
* the shoulder strap connects to D rings that are on opposite sides of the bag (good for carrying - bad for having to open the case up with the shoulder strap attached)
* not sure how to attach the back-pack straps as there is a buckle for the top but none on the lower straps (prob just my stupidity so I will be calling in the am)

I am most likely being to picky and will admit that if the bag holds up it will be worth the money
Also no convinced there is anything better for the money

rk
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine was dropped off yesterday (46" Coyote Tan).  I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

I haven't used it yet, but it seems very well built.  The padding seems more than sufficient to me....given you're not throwing the case around.  Which you shouldn't be doing anyway, given that it is a soft-case, and not a hard-case.  You want something to throw around, get a Pelican hard-case.

As for the hooking up the back-pack straps................I'm in the same boat as you rkrk.............I have zero idea how the ends with no buckles attach to the D-rings.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#34]
mine comes in tomorrow, so figure out how to put the straps on and make detailed instructions with pics so you can teach me
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#35]
42" coyote tan from SG last week. Also confused how the bottom of the back strap connects. Probably won't need them anyway. Shoulder strap is enough for me. Also ordered 42" black for my dad, backordered twice now supposedly June 1. Originally May 11.
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#36]
I got some pics up.

My best guest

Had my dog test the padding.

Link Posted: 5/20/2009 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#37]

so is that ashort barreled dachsund?
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#38]
my 42" just came in but i dont have any "backpack straps" where were yours? inside the bag?
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
my 42" just came in but i dont have any "backpack straps" where were yours? inside the bag?

The back-pack straps and shoulder strap were separate.  They were in a bag(s) outside of the main case.  Did you dump the box out to make sure everything came out?  Did you get it from SG?
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#40]
yeah now that you say that i didn't have the shoulder strap either

just the bag the "case" was in. I called SG and they said it will be over a month to get me the straps & shoulder strap, they are gonna order them for me. Good customer service!
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

so is that ashort barreled dachsund?

Bag holds two rifles or a 7 lb dachshund.

Link Posted: 5/22/2009 2:16:37 AM EDT
[#42]
My memory card has gone missing, so I haven't got any pics yet.  I'll get some up as soon as I find my card.

Quoted:
yeah now that you say that i didn't have the shoulder strap either

just the bag the "case" was in. I called SG and they said it will be over a month to get me the straps & shoulder strap, they are gonna order them for me. Good customer service!

Well at least they're going to make it right.  Good to know.

Link Posted: 5/23/2009 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Got my 42" in yesterday, wasn't supposed to ship until the 1st.  From messing with it for a few minutes I believe it might be worth it to buy a more expensive case.  Not as much padding as I thought it would have and when the rifle is sinched it still moves.  I going to check it out a little further today.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I got my VooDoo Tactical rifle case off of their Ebay store...they had it listed as 'Buy Now' for $70!!!

Great case too...I love mine!

I also got my case off their EBAY site for a little cheaper. Great case so far. Holds a shit ton of gear.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 7:18:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Will a Remington 700 with a scope and a Rock River AR-15 both fit in that Vodoo case? I think the overall for the Remington is 41 5/8? And is there a direct link to the double with the divider? Thanks.......
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I just placed an order for a black 42" case for my AK and AR. Its expected to be in stock June 1, lets hope it comes with the shoulder and back straps. It doesn't look bad for $55 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Will a Remington 700 with a scope and a Rock River AR-15 both fit in that Vodoo case? I think the overall for the Remington is 41 5/8? And is there a direct link to the double with the divider? Thanks.......

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=406459

Get the 46".  Black is out of stock at the moment, Coyote Tan is in stock.  I'm not sure about the Digi-Cam.

I picked up the 46" Tan.
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks....
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm looking at picking up one of these for 2 of my shotguns.  One is 39" long and the other is 40 3/4".  VooDoo Tactical's website lists the interior of the 42" case as being 40 1/2".  Those of you with the 42" case, are you able to tell if there is room for the 40 3/4" gun in there?  I'd hate to have to buy the 46" case over a 1/4 inch.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'm looking at picking up one of these for 2 of my shotguns.  One is 39" long and the other is 40 3/4".  VooDoo Tactical's website lists the interior of the 42" case as being 40 1/2".  Those of you with the 42" case, are you able to tell if there is room for the 40 3/4" gun in there?  I'd hate to have to buy the 46" case over a 1/4 inch.

You'll be fine...on the off chance you do need another 1/4", you can just tilt the weapon inside of the case...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top