Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2007 5:24:54 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a bayonet to fit my 16" barrel ar with short handguard.  I don't really want to go to a mid length handguad, and want to get one of those extended bayonets.  The only place I have found wants $135 for one.  Does anyone know of a cheaper place?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one of the Colts that Prebanarms has because that was all that I could find.  It should show up this week I will post a picture and report on quality if no one comes up with a lower priced alternative.

Link Posted: 9/18/2007 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Colt Bayonet for 16" Carbine from Prebanarms.com $134.95. The look on my wifes face the first time she say it on my RRA priceless.

It's no bargain but it appears to be the only game in town. Preban says they have 30 left but has plenty of the adapters. The adapters only fit the Colt bayonet. I still would like to find an adapter for a M9 or M10.

www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3690/9323/196218.jpg

Nice Colt extended bayonet, I just can't make myself pay that much, but those are nice for the Colt collectors.

I got my new extended M7 General Cutlery brand and M10 plastic sheath from DSG Arms a couple of years ago for only $59 but they don't sell them anymore.

I've got an Eickhorn-Solingen M7 bayonet which is the same maker as your Colt, could you look at the two rivets of the sheath webbing to see if it's marked Eickhorn/ Solingen.

If Preban Arms have more adapters then I'll ask them if it would work on the Eickhorn-Solingen bayonet without the horsey logo.

If it fits, the cheaper way might be just to get the Eickhorn-Solingen bayonet from DSGarms.com with M8A1 sheath for $29 and get the adapter from Preban Arms.

Yes they are stamped Eickhorn-Solingen. Email Charles at Preban. He was very responsive to my questions. Let us know what you find out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes they are stamped Eickhorn-Solingen. Email Charles at Preban. He was very responsive to my questions. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

ETA:

Charles of Pre Ban Arms was also very quick answering my e-mail questions if the Colt bayonet extension adapter will fit the regular Eickhorn-Solingen M7 bayonets.

He requested two photos of my bayonet a side view and an end view which I sent him, he replied that they would fit fine, I'll just have to order an adapter from him and verify if it would really work.

If it works it would be great, anyone could make their own extended handle M7 bayonet for about $60 total cost (plus shipping costs), I'll post here later what I find out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2007 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top