Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2017 7:00:11 PM EDT
No new news here, I am disappointed.....now do you think the LED ACOGs have the same issue?  

I am considering one of these but if it is the same as the Accupower, will not buy one.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Trijicon Accupower 1-4 in the "Green", and yes it is not daylight bright. But I find the nice etched cross hairs are easy to see and use for quick target acquisition in the daytime.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure why this is a surprise.  There are a several threads and reviews on the Accupower here, where several owners including myself have said they aren't anywhere near daylight bright.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]
the led acogs are nuclear bright
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure why this is a surprise.  There are a several threads and reviews on the Accupower here, where several owners including myself have said they aren't anywhere near daylight bright.
View Quote
Tony,

See my title change, I know they are not DL bright, many, many discussions here...my wording was off...see new title.

That is why my post started off as "no new news here...."

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the led acogs are nuclear bright
View Quote
Are you saying this in a positive sarcastic way?  Meaning, I will be very pleased with the DL bright capability if a LED ACOG?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you saying this in a positive sarcastic way?  Meaning, I will be very pleased with the DL bright capability if a LED ACOG?
View Quote
Do your own research on the TA02 Acogs!  You'll find lots of info on them being VERY bright.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have no experience with them, but from all I've heard, Trijicon got those right.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See my title change, I know they are not DL bright, many, many discussions here...my wording was off...see new title.
View Quote
 10-4
---

I also own a couple of the TA02 ACOGS (Red Cross Hairs) and can confirm they are beyond daylight bright.

The only downside is they lack good incremental adjustments so I tend to find it either too dim or too bright to be more useful than just turned off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 10-4
---

I also own a couple of the TA02 ACOGS (Red Cross Hairs) and can confirm they are beyond daylight bright.

The only downside is they lack good incremental adjustments so I tend to find it either too dim or too bright to be more useful than just turned off.
View Quote
That is what I have read, 6 adj settings, too little, too much

Good info and good to know, thanks Tony...

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:29:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
it was not meant to be sarcastic , the ta02's are very bright.  i do wish they had nv settings like a browe though.

i have a ta02 with the green horseshoe dot reticle , on max setting it seems brighter than my ta31 with the same reticle on a bright sunny day , but no wash out with the ta02 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

it was not meant to be sarcastic , the ta02's are very bright.  i do wish they had nv settings like a browe though.

i have a ta02 with the green horseshoe dot reticle , on max setting it seems brighter than my ta31 with the same reticle on a bright sunny day , but no wash out with the ta02 
View Quote
Viper I know you did not mean it that way, the info is great.  I am really looking at the TA 110 hard, this scope I feel is a great compromise, magnification and eye relief.

I have a new LMT rifle that needs an optic, this 11 series size scope with LEDs looks to fit the needs.

Thanks,

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top