Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2015 3:01:03 PM EDT
I just bought a "never used," Weaver Super Slam Matte Scope 2-10 x 42 with Dual-X Reticle 800310 I paid 241.00 total for it. After all my research it seems like a good scope at a good price. What do you guys think? I was considering mounting it on my favorite AR, or moving the scope off of my .308AR platform rifle to my AR and putting this on the larger rifle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Super Slam a lot, would like another one
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That is good to know. There is so much to learn - This just seemed like a good deal, but am not sure.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Another discussion here led me to spend $400 on the tactical version of your scope.  You got a great deal and Natchez has it for $280 which is still good for anyone needing a solid hunting optic.  I find it to be in the same class as my Burris XTR, Bushnell Elites, and SWFA hd.  I had the same idea and put it on my LR308.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another discussion here led me to spend $400 on the tactical version of your scope.  You got a great deal and Natchez has it for $280 which is still good for anyone needing a solid hunting optic.  I find it to be in the same class as my Burris XTR, Bushnell Elites, and SWFA hd.  I had the same idea and put it on my LR308.

http://i.imgur.com/LAaXrf6l.jpg
View Quote

Hello,
I actually bought that same one for my DPMS G2 908! I have not yet mounted it, plan on doing that over the long weekend coming up. So, what I basically bought was a solid hunting scope, hmm. I don't really plan on hunting with my rifles, mainly I punch paper and think about home defense. I was thinking about putting this on my LR 308, 24" barrel, and putting the current VX-1 on my other AR that has a Nikon 3x fixed power. I thought this made sense - hope I didn't make a mistake not going with the more tactical one. However, it sounds like I got a good deal and crosshairs are crosshairs ;-D
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top