Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:14:05 AM EDT
Any suggestions between the Leupold and Burris? I have Burris optics on my deer gun and like it a lot, but I see good things about the Leupold. I am not a fan of the zombie craze but I do like the green dot in the VX-R zombie, is it worth the extra money over the VX-R Patrol? Also is the Burris XTR worth the extra money over the Burris MTAC?
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the MTAC is the best 1-4x for the money (especially if you get it in the EE for $300-$325).
The weight is listed wrong––it's only 14 ounces.  The FOV, reticle (especially for fast 1X––which is tough with most reticles except and the TR24) and most things are better than the Leupy, but many like the latter.
Link Posted: 10/30/2012 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got the MTAC and the XTR and they are both great scopes.  That being said I prefer the XTR because the reticle is still fast for CQB work but it is also finer than the MTAC for long distance shots.  You can't go wrong with either of them.  I picked up my XTR used for about $450
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top