Link Posted: 5/31/2011 11:42:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 11:46:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm searching for an optic for my next build.  Its going to be a 14.5" mid length with a light weight barrel.  Its going to be my general purpose carbine, it will ride in the trunk sometimes, take on a home defense role and get shot at the range a lot.

I've basically ruled out everything but a red dot.  I like the idea of a 1-4x or 1-6x but think the 1x setting is all i need and the unlimited eye relief and parallax free outweighs the zoom.  I don't see any reason I'd ever use night vision so thats not important to me.  I've looked at aimpoints website and the ML3 seems like it will fit my needs, then I see the pro which on paper looks almost identical.  The M3 has a little longer batterie life (50k vs 30k) and comes in 2 or 4 moa dot vs just 2 for the pro.  What advantages is the ML3 giving me over the pro?  The pro is a newer product, comes with a mount and seems almost identical to the ML3 in performance.  What am I missing?  Is there another aimpoint that I should be looking at?
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 8:04:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TACTICAL_45] [#6]
<This is a thread for AIMPOINT only - Z>

Roger, it was related to the T-1, I will re-write it. Thanks for not locking the topic.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have the polarizing filter installed? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I just received a PRO sight for use on an upper that is still on it's way...  (Both ordered back in January at the show)

At the same time, I ordered the 3x magnifier, and discussed with the salesman the virtues of the twist Aimpoint mount, vs. the LaRue swing mount.  I settled on the LaRue, and I placed the order.

7 months later, my two boxes come in, and much to my frustration (with myself) no mount for the Magnifier is included.

Net, net, now I get to choose a mount for the 3x magnifier...  What options are there?  I know LaRue, but what quality mounts are out there?

Thanks for any help.
Hunt
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two Aimpoint T-1 Micros. They have ridden on everything from a SOCOM II, to various .308 and 5.56 AR's, including AR pistols. If if has a Picatinny mount, these have ridden upon it. I am a firearms instructor and I also train instructors. An easy way to teach optic mounting and zeroing is to take a bunch of optics off and play musical chairs. My students are pretty hard on my equipment, but the 2 Aimpoints have had but a single issue between them. One of them turned itself off when the rifle it was riding on was fired and would not come back on. I called Aimpoint the next Monday and the tech told me to tighten the battery cover as much as I could with the provided tool that gives one more leverage than a coin. He said that I could not over tighten it with the tool because the tool would begin to bend first. Tightening the cover with the tool until the tool began to bend solved the issue. Awesome design of the product and the tool, and awesome customer service.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 10:58:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jukeboxx13] [#10]
I have a T1 and dropped it a bunch of times while being mounted on my AR with no zero issues at all. I have also dropped it in the sand then rinsed it off with water with no problems either.

ETA: I have had it for less then a year with around 1k rounds with it on my 5.56 AR15.

Here is a pic with sand all over it, and yes sand did get in the the threads of the front lens but I got it out with a needle and water.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top