Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2009 7:06:13 AM EDT
Welp, I've done as much fact finding as possible and I've narrowed it down to these two optics.

I am looking at the Leupold MK AR in either 3-9 or 4-12, and the NIKON Buckmaster in 6-18, since Midway has it on sale for the same amount as the 4.5-14 version.  

The Leupolds are 350 and 499 respectively, and the Nikon is 275 after a 25 dollar off coupon.

All scopes are in my budget range, but I'd much rather spend 350 or less.

Both a 3-9 and a 6-18 will fulfill my needs, it will most likely be set around 8-9 power and forgotten about.

Which optic would you choose, based on quality, clarity of class, and durability (amount of magnification really isn't an issue)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I  a buddy mount a Mark AR 3-9x w/ mil dots on his ar recently.  I was impressedw/ the glass for the price -very good.   BDC dial worked to get hits (once zeroed at 100) out to 600yds on steel,   400 , 500 and 600 we had to add a click or two to get hits-but that could easily be the load he was shooting.  Mark AR has alot extras for the price.
RRA15
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Mark AR 3-9X
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a big fan of both. I have though much more field expirence with the Leopolds and they have never let me down. My nikon monarch is great also but only have about 4-5 hunts with it. 2 of those have been very wet and one the rifle took a wack on the tree stand. Still owrk perfect and holds zero. To me these days I would let the price be the factor.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am a big fan of both. I have though much more field expirence with the Leopolds and they have never let me down. My nikon monarch is great also but only have about 4-5 hunts with it. 2 of those have been very wet and one the rifle took a wack on the tree stand. Still owrk perfect and holds zero. To me these days I would let the price be the factor.

I can get the Buckmaster for 282 shipped which is why I decided to consider it.  The Mark AR would end up around 340 shipped or so.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Leupold Mark AR 3-9 and am extremely pleased with it.  You cant beat Leupolds no questions asked warranty, reputation and reliability.  Oh, and they are made is the U.S.A.
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, I'll stick with the leupy.

CS-  IM sent
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top