Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:17:05 AM EDT
guys are these a better alternative than the chinese made Millet DMS1 and other scopes in it's class? being Leupold i would assume that these are very good quality, SWFA has them for 280 bucks and that's cheaper than the Burris 332 that is being complained about. any input would be great, good or bad thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#1]
They are pretty good scopes, good glass and quality,  but for $280 and a duplex reticle, I think you can do better. Either get the same quality cheaper or a better reticle. They don't have the BDC dials. The 3x9 is a good deal, but I really didn't see anything stellar about the 1.5-4.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Been using one for a few months, my take on it is it's a pretty damn good scope. Zero at 50 yds and you are gtg to 200 without an issue, it holds zero, it has good solid adjustments that will return to zero, the glass is excellent for a <300 dollar optic, and there is no additional shit to break.

As far the duplex reticle, you have to ask yourself what you plan on using it for. For me it's perfect, sits under my bed in case someone comes knocking (aka stealing) late at night and I need to be able to come up and flick off a safety in an instant with no other movements required and for laying waste to feral hogs at 200 yds and less.

For me it's perfect, for you, maybe not so much BUT I've had one experience with a millet product and it was nothing to brag about as far as clarity so I'll stick with what I know, Leupold, Nikon Monarch, and Zeiss.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I been looking hard a one myself.I Have two Ar's currently and am working on a SBR (10.5) once everythings goe's through.On my 20 inch Predator Pursuit i am happy with a 8-32x50mm Nikon
(yeah big scope).On my 16 inch i have a Aimpoint Comp ML2 that i will put on the SBR.So i need a scope for my 16 and was thinking 1.4 or so.That way its good for pop up close in in brushy area's or turn it up for more open shooting.Three AR's for differant missions basically.I had a Mark AR 3x9 once and yes beutiful clear glass...better then my Nikon.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Been using one for a few months, my take on it is it's a pretty damn good scope. Zero at 50 yds and you are gtg to 200 without an issue, it holds zero, it has good solid adjustments that will return to zero, the glass is excellent for a <300 dollar optic, and there is no additional shit to break.

As far the duplex reticle, you have to ask yourself what you plan on using it for. For me it's perfect, sits under my bed in case someone comes knocking (aka stealing) late at night and I need to be able to come up and flick off a safety in an instant with no other movements required and for laying waste to feral hogs at 200 yds and less.

For me it's perfect, for you, maybe not so much BUT I've had one experience with a millet product and it was nothing to brag about as far as clarity so I'll stick with what I know, Leupold, Nikon Monarch, and Zeiss.

What he said.

Also, for a pretty decent price, you can get pretty much any reticle you want, to include a custom BDC for your load, through the Custom shop. I went with a Turkey Plex for fast acquisition while retaining a crosshair for more precise shots.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the responses, i have a millet dms1 and it's pretty good, but i hate the made in china part of it. down the road i was looking for a replacement for my SIG556, basically a range/hunting/defense scope is what i'll use it for(i should have been more clear about that). just looking around to see what i need to save up for money wise, looking for the best quality for the best value
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top