Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2008 7:36:29 AM EDT
ok, so i am new to the board, and relatively new to ARs, i just bought my first last week although i have played with some before, my question is are these optics any good, the price looks really nice for all the features, so i just need to know if they are junk or not. I'm planning on getting this one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=214855

btw, its going on a stag model 3 with a flat rail on top.
thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Please use the "search" feature to find previous threads.  The condenses is they are over priced, most likely crap (you may get a good one that stands up, but the odds are seriously against it), and the advertising policies of the company borders on criminal.  
Try
Millet TRS-1
Falcon Menace
and some others

Oh, welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
i apologize, but the search turned up nothing, and will only allow me to search within the last 30 days, much thanks tho as i am not well versed in optics companies yet
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out this thread , the BS from the company's shill, and how the shill was outed.  Dumbass only registered to post his nonsense twice and never returned.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#5]
pseudoscientific jargon
inappropriate "us property" markings
no known US military contract (although it may be super top secret...)
practically identical to other chicom scopes (ie: barska)
owned by "darkops" holdings...

I have a new red dot sight coming out...

it's powered by effervescent translucent lunar emissions and double quantum physicized with quarks bound to protonic nuclei for the optical clarity of 200 zemu's the equivalent of an electron scanning microscope. the red dot itself is exactly 1.5MOA verified by photon counting optical time domain reflectometry and calibrated using rare solar radiation techniques... it will be marked "Property of SPECIAL FORCES" thanks to our contract with elite military units...

thanks to special contract overruns, I will be selling these for around $400 at various retailers... contact our parent company "Captain Insane-O's Futuristic Alien Technologies" for more information... MSRP $3500 (includes free interdimensional table for mils)...

see i can make up tons of BULLSHIT too...
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
hellbound your scope sounds intriguing, is it any good?

With all these awesome component and technology that optics snobs like us never heard of, and it's used by Special Forces, I wanna buy it!

The Ellis scope has some terms I never heard of too: hard target interdiction, height efficiency broad band coating
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hellbound your scope sounds intriguing, is it any good?

With all these awesome component and technology that optics snobs like us never heard of, and it's used by Special Forces, I wanna buy it!

The Ellis scope has some terms I never heard of too: hard target interdiction, height efficiency broad band coating

What, is it held together by old "The Go Go's" stickers?
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a firm believer in high quality optics, they are worth every penny.  I've used, broke and cussed at many cheaper and mid priced scopes over the years and have never regreted any purchase of any of my high end glass.

You get what you pay for, and with optics that's every more true in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2008 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ar15sales.com/petear/uspnew.gif

www.policeandsecuritynews.com/MayJun04/DEA.htm

Now, you show me something saying that Dark Ops, or Counter sniper scopes, or anyone associated with them has acutely made a product adopted by any branch, subsidiary or outpost of the U.S. government.

Link Posted: 6/29/2008 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]
ok, cool, thanks for the help as i said the search feature was not to helpful to me and this clears things up, i was looking to spend less than 400 on something decent and i just haven't heard of this company previously.
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#12]
at $400, a lot of the bushnell, and even the Leupold vari-x series would be nice...

millett, burris, and super sniper also make tactical (mil-dot) riflescopes in that price range...

combined with a decent mount that gets you a good eye relief, you'll do fine...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top