Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/1/2007 1:09:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll go very well with all the clone pos Leupolds

I want to start a pole asking people if they think clone shit topics should be banned here.  Yes I know I don't have to click on them, still, a real firearms discussion board discussing toys, somehow seems idiotic
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I want to start a pole asking people if they think clone shit topics should be banned here.  Yes I know I don't have to click on them, still, a real firearms discussion board discussing toys, somehow seems idiotic

Sure, Sally.

Why don't you take it as the PSA that it was intended as?
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
im going to assume its a heads up to watch for more fake shit flooding the boards. I have noticed the amount of Larue SPR mounts for sale have gone up a bit in the last 2 weeks
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have noticed the amount of Larue SPR mounts for sale have gone up a bit in the last 2 weeks

I never thought about it, but your 100% right.  Man I hope that it's just coincidence...

-X
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I do see it as a PSA, I just used it as an opportunity to vent, it wasn't directed towards the original poster  I know we're on the same page re: fake crap.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
im going to assume its a heads up to watch for more fake shit flooding the boards. I have noticed the amount of Larue SPR mounts for sale have gone up a bit in the last 2 weeks

.................And will probably continue to do so with the changes over at EGAY, the clone vendors will be flooding GunBroker, GunsAmerica,  & forums trade/sell sections.

I applaud the OP for pointing these things out, as well as others who out these frauds.

The OP didn't intend to point it out to airsofters, but to us firearms owners.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
can't Mark sue? thats bullshit!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
can't Mark sue? thats bullshit!!!

I certainly hope so.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
That's very lame.

At least it's different enough that you could spot a fake one over a real one.  I can't believe they had the balls to use the larue logo and engrave USA into the mount.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#10]
They are listed on this Hing Kong airsoft site as well.

www.wgcshop.com/
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
ohh jeez, the world has come to an end.

considering the fake arms mount I got second hand was about 1 inch to big for my rails, I don't have much faith in fakes.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2007 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if this should go to the New AR Products forum
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#13]
i would never buy something fake that says "larue" on it, that is just wrong!

but thanks for the link to the site.  I tried some of those king arms scope rings before and they are the bomb!
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Tag for outcome...can't wait for Mark to sue to piss out of these people.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Tag for outcome...can't wait for Mark to sue to piss out of these people.

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone considered a clone thread, with links, and a quick junk/ok product review?
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't appear to have the little oil hole on the front lever base.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
snip

good to hear you're on the trail.
Good luck, sock it to 'em!
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah I remember that guy that said he'd have the clones made and sell them here, do ya think he did it?  Too convenient I think, if one were to do such a thing, it'd be unwise to come to ar15.com and spill the beans here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We've been pirated.

Yes, we know about it.  An ARFcommer shot us a link a couple weeks back.

We have just now come into possession of the pirated LT-104 mounts.

Yep, they copied our logo, part number, same USA engraving etc.

Nope, the quality is beyond not there ... they left off all the critical stuff.  But from 20 feet, it does look like one, and displaces the same amount of water.  

With the freight from communist china tacked-on, the landed cost was about $95 bucks.  

Pics to follow.  And of course we're workin' it.

Does anyone remember the f^ckstick that said if he couldn't get the price he wanted, that he was just buying stuff off of the EE and sending it for pirating in HongKong ??

I need that name.  

LaRue

IIRC that thread was about forearms.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Does anyone remember the f^ckstick that said if he couldn't get the price he wanted, that he was just buying stuff off of the EE and sending it for pirating in HongKong ??

I need that name.  

LaRue

Can add GRSC to that list.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=315758
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#23]
BLASPHEMY!!

I'll just order straight from Mark from here on.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need that name.  

LaRue

What do ya mean?
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have noticed the amount of Larue SPR mounts for sale have gone up a bit in the last 2 weeks

I never thought about it, but your 100% right.  Man I hope that it's just coincidence...

-X

Thats why all I buy all my shit direct from Larue. Oh, and the free shit they give you kinda influenced that too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Makes you wonder how much fake crap you have bought and don't know about it.  I was looking at the WGC that was hotlinked above, damn, they copy everything.  Magpul CTR stocks, PRI stuff, lights.  This is why I ask everyone I buy from if they can produce a receipt from the product they have for sale.  Oh well, it looks like I'm back to buying direct from the manufacture's.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#27]
TAG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#28]
... I deal with this daily on a professional basis

Someone needs to do a side-by-side, specification comparison between the two mounts.

While I do not advocate patent infringement whatsoever, if all engineering  specifications passed a 100% FAI, there really is no difference between the two other than the stolen trademark (and intellectual property) from Mr. LaRue

In today's world of CAD/CAM/CAE, reverse engineering is pretty much "old hat". Meaning, if I were to invest the effort in characterizing the alloy, digitized the geometry, created para-solid 3D model and then CNC machined the [insert your favorite tactical component here], I too could create an exact replica that even Mark could not tell the difference sans ink.

Me? I pay for the "good shit", as I'm a man of principle. But don't kid yourself. If the component's price doesn't support what the market will bear, some unscrupulous entrepreneur will replicate the part and undercut the prices of the "good shit".

See related: Music and video pirating
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need that name.  

LaRue

what could you possibly be referencing?
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Makes you wonder how much fake crap you have bought and don't know about it.  I was looking at the WGC that was hotlinked above, damn, they copy everything. Magpul CTR stocks, PRI stuff, lights.  This is why I ask everyone I buy from if they can produce a receipt from the product they have for sale.  Oh well, it looks like I'm back to buying direct from the manufacture's.

The Magpul stuff at least is actually made by Magpul, there was a thread about that a while back. Magpul figured if the airsoft companies going to steal their designs anyway, they may as well make airsoft stocks/etc themselves and make money off that industry, too.

The Larue rip off is ridiculous, and because of that I think I'll buy an Aimpoint package from Mark this week
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need that name.  

LaRue

Uh, GRSC designed that scope, couldn't get it built anywhere else, and outsourced it to China.  He's not pirating anything.

You really should do a little research before making accusations like that.

From the first post in that thread:

But not only did Ed design the reticel but he also has a few other tricks up his sleeves. when he approached various manufactures to build his scope, he was turned down by all of them.

He finally got feed up with the rejections and decided to build the scope himself. But the only manufacture that has production capability that fit his small budget was a Chinese optic company. He took the dive and had then build his third and final prototype. the inital units were build by IOR, and US Optics.

Where do you get pirating from that?
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#32]
The face I made when I opened that link was somewhere between and

First thing I noticed was the fact that they copied the logos and USA engraving. My second thought was "how the fuck did the Chinamen get their hands on a larue mount?"
It's even a copy of the newer revision, with the locking tabs on the levers...
Somebody here DEFINITELY had this commissioned.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Not claiming GRSC is pirating. But he is supporting a country and probably a manufacturer that does.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Not claiming GRSC is pirating. But he is supporting a country and probably a manufacturer that does.

So are you, unless everything (including the pc and keyboard you typed that on, as well as the components (wiring, circuitry, fittings, etc) used in the internet service you pay to use and the power company you get a bill from) was made in the USA, which I doubt in todays world. He tried other venues 1st, they ignored him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

so he should have just decided to quit pursuing what he thought was something that would eventually be valuable to folks in combat because all the US manuf's shot him down...

anyways, i don't wanna give too much bandwidth to this nonsense... back to the shameful copying of american products
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Why did the Romanians (IOR) drop him?
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

call Ed and ask him...
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#38]
TAG to follow both parallel threads.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone who would knowingly buy a knock-off LaRue style mount from China to mount on a real firearm is seriously an idiot.  This goes way beyond cheaping out on parts and ACOG/M68 clones, into "fake silencer" territory.    

If you don't want to spend that much, there are US made options that would perform better than the knock-offs and probably be as cheap as or cheaper than as well, without making you look like an assclown.
Link Posted: 8/1/2007 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Money.  I don't know who's, but it was money.

1: They did not want to pay him what he wanted to license the reticule.
2: They did not want to spend the cash to add another reticule to the product line.
3: As a man of principle, he thought they were going price the scope beyond the reach of the shooters he cared about (US! )
4: He wanted more control over the product (and cash) then they were going give him.

Just a guess, but something like those reasons.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Anyone who would knowingly buy a knock-off LaRue style mount from China to mount on a real firearm is seriously an idiot.  This goes way beyond cheaping out on parts and ACOG/M68 clones, into "fake silencer" territory.  

If you don't want to spend that much, there are US made options that would perform better than the knock-offs and probably be as cheap as or cheaper than as well, without making you look like an assclown.
Which at least serves the purpose of having a distinct firearm look with out the $200 NFA tax .  
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Oh wow! the QD mount I wanted at a fraction of the price!!
oh my jokes.

Sue these fuckers back to the stone age!
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Congratulations Mark.  You and your team have finally "made it".

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2007 3:34:21 AM EDT
[#44]
MAN THERE SHOULD BE A LAW

IT MAKES ME SICK

I cant belive someone WOULD BUY it on Purpose
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#45]
I predict it will be a big hit with the ARFCOM/ living in Mommys basement/ airsoft monkey-boys who frequent the general discussion board.

. . . . . . Hmm,  which Larue hat should I wear today.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:27:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Larue isn't the only one.

AIMPOINT, EOTECH,  and OAKLEY have the same trouble with chinese copies.

oakley.com/report_fakes
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 4:35:52 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Larue isn't the only one.

AIMPOINT, EOTECH,  and OAKLEY have the same trouble with chinese copies.

oakley.com/report_fakes

Oakleys have been getting ripped off for years.

When I was in Cancun in March 1998, I saw a million Oakley knockoffs.  Some were pathetic, some were damn close.  I didn't buy any because I would have felt dishonest.
Link Posted: 8/2/2007 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Gotta admire the chinese for trying.
I don't like La Rues prices myself but you get what you pay for in the real world.

To me I keep figuring....it'll probably last forever...unlike the Chinese crap.

But everyday I worry a little because they are getting better and better despite the stealing and fraud, they are getting better that soon we'll never know what is what and which is which.

Link Posted: 8/2/2007 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I am not the smartest person in the world, even though I am a heart surgeon....

I just saw the fake shit and compared it to my Larue stuff and I cannot tell the difference between the two.  You people are good if you can spot the difference.

OHH BTW...You Larue guys need to stop sending me free stuff when I place my order. I now have a black and Tan hat as well as some dillos.  I will now need to order more shit so I can get the green hat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top