Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2007 5:11:23 PM EDT
After years of faithful service, both of my ARMS 19S are moving back and forth with ease on all of my receivers.  As long as the ACOG and mount is pushed forward when zeroing and shooting, the mounts still can hold zero, but it just bugs me.

I replaced one of the 19S mounts with an 19LD, this is a lower, shorter mount with two throw levers, it's a great mount, and standard on the TA31ECOS and TA01ECOS.

Externally, ARMS 19S and 19LD are svelte looking and appear to have more contours with lightening cuts, whereas the LT100 is rather blocky looking.  I don't have a scale so can't measure their weights  I deem their looks have little to do with the mounts' purpose, what really matter (to me, can't speak for anyone else) are: ability to hold zero, ability to stay put on the receivers without undue movement, low height, and minimumspace between the mount and BUIS.  I wanted something that can sit as far back as possible due to the short eye relief of the 4x32 ACOGs, even though a LOP adjustable stock usually compensates for this.  The mount's height also is an issue for me, if I someday move one of the ACOGs to another platform, I'd want the ACOG to sit as low as possible, scopes and mounts designed for the AR15 platform are usually too high for others.

ARMS 19S sits a bit taller than both the 19LD and LT100.  The LT100 places the ACOG closer to the rear than either the 19S or the 19LD, an important feature for folks that do not have LOP adjustable stocks.

19S

19LD

LT100

With the 19LD and LT100, there's no wasted space between a Troy backup rear sight.  With the 19S, it leaves two spaces in between the mount and BUIS.  A tiny amount of space for the 19LD, almost no space at all between the LT100 and BUIS.

19S

19LD

LT100

I have resisted buying a LaRue mount for one of my beloved 4X32 ACOGs, it might sound crazy but it was because all the LaRue cheerleaders and ARMS bashers kind of got to me.  The reason I ordered an LT100 is equally as weird, I wanted a replacement for the freely moving ARMS 19S by this weekend and Wes always ships fast, and he doesn't carry ARMS anymore.

When I get a TA01ECOS or TA31ECOS, I will not be swapping out the 19LD for an LT100, but I will buy another LT100 for my TA01NSN, it is a solid and well made mount that fits all of my feeble requirements
Link Posted: 4/26/2007 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
thanks for the honest review !
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The mount's height also is an issue for me, if I someday move one of the ACOGs to another platform, I'd want the ACOG to sit as low as possible, scopes and mounts designed for the AR15 platform are usually too high for others.

The following is meant as half joke/ half just letting people out there know about it, because you dont see many pictures of this:

Wes at MSTN was, for a while there, taking A3 uppers and cuting a channel DIRECTLY into the aluminum rail, and then bolting the acog directly to the upper.  This works as long as the heads of the bolts are counter sunk to clear the bolt carrier.

Kind of a neat set up.

I think ZakSmith has one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2007 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep I've seen it, but none of my uppers are like that, a mount is more versatile: remove it easily for cleaning or putting on another rifle
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 6:44:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the 550 cord and the jpoint/doc optics cover idea.  I put on some fishing line yesterday and I hate it because the lid flops around.  I bet that 550 cord keeps the bouncing and making noise to a minimum.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The Jpoint and Trijicon's equivalent have the front loops for a para cord, I wish the Docter red dot sight had one too

ML, I got another of your 4x32 ACOG mount from Wes last month, the only ACOG that wears ARMS mount is the TA31F now.
If the steel pads of the 10LD get worn out as they have on my 19S mounts now sitting in the bottom of a drawer, I'll be getting another LaRue mount for the TA31F.

It's hard not to be a LaRue cheerleader, it is easy to be overwhelmed with the excellent  quality and service, and difficult to find fault with anything that I know of, so I am in touch with how your multitude of satisfied customers feel.

BTW, I belatedly just realized that the LaRue mount places the ACOG closer to the rear of the receiver than the 19S and 19LD, this should be an important thing to folks using a fixed stock

Now how about y'all make a mount for the M1A?
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now how about y'all make a mount for the M1A?

i think he does already - the LT608. not on the website though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTW, I belatedly just realized that the LaRue mount places the ACOG closer to the rear of the receiver than the 19S and 19LD, this should be an important thing to folks using a fixed stock

It's been awhile, but IIRC, it was NickDrak that insisted on fitting between a RASII hump and a #40.   Using numbers Nick provided we squeezed her on in there.

ML

Don't forget the guy who provided the RAS II...

Link Posted: 6/23/2007 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't know all the history behind the mount, thanks buck!
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't forget the guy who provided the RAS II...

Now I know how those folks feel when they forget their list of who to thank.

Thanks again BN.  And while I'm at it, did I have enough sense to send back your RASII ??

ML

Always a pleasure Mark. Wish I could have talked you into flying into Lee Vining International and visiting Yosemite.

I most certainly did receive the RAS II back from you, and thank you very much for the extras thrown in with it... you might recognize the hat in the picture...

Now if you need a RAS II for reference, and you happen to have a spare 9" forend laying around, maybe we could work some kind of deal...

If not, I will be buying one from you in the near future...

And to Duffy, I hope your shooting schedule is as busy as it was last time I shot with you and the 'crew'... I certainly now miss the opportunity to shoot with you and everyone else  I had while I lived in the area...

Hope you are doing well!
Link Posted: 6/23/2007 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]
When are you moving back down?  It'd be nice to have you with us
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top