AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 5:37:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome news!!!  Thanks for keep us posted Montey

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s great news for Pentagon. It only proves they are one of more progressive companies on the market. Any LaRue mount must be seen as an upgrade over its competition.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
that is great news
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
+ 1000 !!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
That's one big KA-POW in the eye to $ureFire!  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
The latest issue of Swat, has a picture of one!!!!

Weazer
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Weazer

Page # please. Thanks. -Justin
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#8]
PICS
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#10]
didn't notice it was a light/laser.  Now it makes sense.  They should go green though.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weazer

I'll look when I get home.  Looks just like the pic mcgrubbs just posted.

Weazer
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
didn't notice it was a light/laser.  Now it makes sense.  They should go green though.  

They also have a variant with the lower section used for a NAV LED.  Pretty cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend.

Kudos to LaRue and Pentagon!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That's one big KA-POW in the eye to $ureFire!  

\

Thats what I was thinking as well.  No doubt Surefire will keep raising its prices to combat their losses in sales.  If they were smart, they would create another division to go after the other companies that are creating an affordable product.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weazer

Ok,  Feb issue page 21 Big full page add, can't miss it.

Weazer

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#17]
On Page 1 of the latest Shotgun news ARMS took out a full page ad touting the advantages of their throw lever system.

No joke, the only picture in the whole ad is the throw lever by itself just sitting there, and a bunch of reasons why it and it alone is the only system trusted by the Industry.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the expected price for the combo?  What Pentagon lights will it fit on?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been  looking at the pics in SWAT and kept telling myself that I had seen the clmaping system before.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:30:08 AM EDT
[#20]
without dissing one or the other, what makes the LaRue a better mount?

I do not own any LT mounts, but to the uninitiated, it looks much heavier, and uses nuts and bolts

Nuts and bolts?

Mr LaRue must be one incredible person...............he has managed to develop an invincible reputation in spite of mixed reviews on his company's products.

(none damning, mind you)

on second thought...............N/M
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:56:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weazer

Ok,  Feb issue page 21 Big full page add, can't miss it.

Weazer

yep
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
without dissing one or the other, what makes the LaRue a better mount?

I do not own any LT mounts, but to the uninitiated, it looks much heavier, and uses nuts and bolts

Nuts and bolts?

Mark is a great guy.  

The LaRue mount beats the ARMS all over the place.   It's adjustable.   ARMS doesn't fit well on all pieces of rail.   We can argue about whether the rails meet spec, but the reality is that even rails that meet spec have some variation - the spec allows that, it has too - all specs have a tolerance.

The ARMS doesn't adjust for this, and isn't adjustable.  The Larue is adjustable.

The ARMS you have to hook one side, then cantilever over, and get a little metal pressure pad to clear the other side of the rail.  Not something that's easy to do in the dark.   The Larue you just stick it straight on, flip the lever.

I've had ARMS fit loose on rails, and fit so tight I've needed tools to get the lever flipped.    So much for QR.

Once you have them both, the choice is very clear
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#23]
The biggest reason for me to choose LT is the locking feature.  I do not want my $$$ light falling off.  

As for the rest of the differences, they have been covered in other threads.

Weazer  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Now for a drop mount!!

Is PL going to offer a trade in program?  Can I send in my ARMS 17S and get a free Larue replacment?  You know, like how Home Depot will take a busted Craftsman tool and replace it with one of their own brand?  (At least they used to.)  Well, didn't think so, but you never know....
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Now for a drop mount!!

Is PL going to offer a trade in program?  Can I send in my ARMS 17S and get a free Larue replacment?  You know, like how Home Depot will take a busted Craftsman tool and replace it with one of their own brand?  (At least they used to.)  Well, didn't think so, but you never know....

Maybe. If PL is owned by Magpul, just maybe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Now for a drop mount!!how

Hmm? Never knew Home Depot would take broken Craftsman tools in trade. Does Sears know about this?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Good news for both PentagonLight and LaRue.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top