Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2005 1:40:04 PM EDT
between Trijicon ACOG & AIMPOINT. which one is the best.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Depends on what your requirements are. Both are very good optics.
I have several of both.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
acog. no batteries.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
if $$$ are not a problem get the acog
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
i was drooling for an acog. i saw this one dude at the range with that acog mounted on his carry handle. damn.. it look so hot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i was drooling for an acog. i saw this one dude at the range with that acog mounted on his carry handle. damn.. it look so hot.

If you are looking for some magnification (3.5 or 4X), an AGOG with BAC, such as the TA31F.
Otherwise, the aimpoint will handle from 0-200yds easily.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't think about buying an optic because it looks cool. Consider what you want to do with it. Get the right tool for the right job and you are far more likely to be happy with your purchase. So that brings us to the question "What do you want to do with the rifle you are planning to put the ACOG or Aimpoint on?". Once you answer that question, you will know which one to get.

FWIW, mounting an optic, especially a magnified one, on the carry handle is not the best way to do it if for no other reason than it will be too high up for a proper cheek weld unless you want to stick a riser on your stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't think about buying an optic because it looks cool. Consider what you want to do with it. Get the right tool for the right job and you are far more likely to be happy with your purchase. So that brings us to the question "What do you want to do with the rifle you are planning to put the ACOG or Aimpoint on?". Once you answer that question, you will know which one to get.

FWIW, mounting an optic, especially a magnified one, on the carry handle is not the best way to do it if for no other reason than it will be too high up for a proper cheek weld unless you want to stick a riser on your stock.

i want something that reliable and quick target. something good for 200m. I think aimpoint is the answer.

thank-you for you replies.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really think that the Aimpoint is the best choice. The reason is that you can add the new Aimpoint Magnifier behind it (when needed) so it gives you more versatility than the ACOG.

C4

Where is this magnifier?  How does it work?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Dang C4iGrant, quite reminding me about that! I need to stop spending money on firearms.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on what your requirements are. Both are very good optics.
I have several of both.

This is a well formulated answer to a way too open ended question.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I really think that the Aimpoint is the best choice. The reason is that you can add the new Aimpoint Magnifier behind it (when needed) so it gives you more versatility than the ACOG.

C4

Where is this magnifier?  How does it work?

The New Aimpoint Magnifier is not out yet, but will be soon. It is a 3X and is about the size of a standard Aimpoint. I don't know what the price will be just yet.

C4

So if I buy an M2 now I will be able to add the magnification later?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I had an ACOG.  It was a nice little scope.  But the Aimpoint was faster at short ranges, where I am most likely to need it, so I sold the ACOG.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You'll have both before its over.

Start with the Aimpoint.

I started with the ACOG
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#19]
The Aimpoint has a most faster target acquisition and is very accurate.

I have one ACOG and three Aimpoints, do I have to tell you which one I like better?  

The ACOG does have a better look but when it comes to being useful my choice is the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
There is no best when it comes to optics.  Only your mission will dictate the requirements.    What are your requirements for the mission?  Do you know the capibilities and limitations of these optics?

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#21]
No AJNTSA's yet? Hmm. Allow me

AJNTSA

Everyone knows the correct answer is....
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#22]
completely depends....    but i feel that for most run and gunning.... the aimpoint is going to be the fastest 0-200m optic out there...

anything over that i'd rather have a variable power optic setup in an SPR format...

acogs do both jobs 'ok'...
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#23]
i got the aimpoint...................................
first then i got the acog shortly after followed by another aimpoint
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top