Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I love yer pics kisara
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Lean, mean and clean.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont have a pic of my full rig, but here are some pics of the EOtech and the RRA Dominator mount.

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok everyone, I just received the EOTech today, I was startled when i first powered it up. The reticle is fuzzy. I realized it when i stared at the reticle but when i put the reticle in sight but actually at an object in sight it cleared up some. I quess I got some training to do.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
duffy, who makes the folding stock that your rifle has
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]

CMMG upper
Bushmaster lower
KAC RAS
Eotech 552 Rev E
ARMS 40
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Remember to look at the target, not the reticle!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:16:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Someday I'll take a better pic.

Eotech on Larue mount
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:52:44 AM EDT
[#12]
M4 Kid,

What set up are you using there? Which EoTech, BUIS, and handguards? Looks to be a 512 or 552, correct? Looks good whatever it is...
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
M4 Kid,

What set up are you using there? Which EoTech, BUIS, and handguards? Looks to be a 512 or 552, correct? Looks good whatever it is...

552 Rev F, ARMs 40, and bushmaster BMAS rails.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#14]
511, RRA M4gery, ARMS 40A:

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Zhukov,

Is your AR a virgin, I notice your brass deflector has no brass marks. JUST WONDERING..
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Zhukov,

Is your AR a virgin, I notice your brass deflector has no brass marks. JUST WONDERING..

See the markings at the base of the deflector? Lots of rifles don't eject against the broad side.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#17]
My deflector looks like it went to iraq and back a few time, it has about 200 rnds thru it.  Just wondering if the deflector is missed totally by the brass blowing out of the receiver. My new EO is on board. Now I would like to move the sight 2.5 inches forward, I assume I would need a rail system that meets the A3 rail, any suggestions?

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got mine today!  Now I think I need a new fore end of some kind.  It would be nice to move the EOTech forward to make the buttons easier to get to.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#19]
sp1shooter,

What rear site do you have mounted? I noticed your EO is all the forward. How does your rear fit because on mine it seems like there is no room for a BUIS?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#20]
It is a Troy Ind. and it is mounted all the way to the rear.  I also have a YHM that fits only in rearmost slot.  T1 I guess is the proper term.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Zhukov,

Nope. It has a few thousand through it. The pic is a little blurry, and I clean my brass deflector and wipe the whole thing down with some CLP. Ask Glotoe or cduarte - I'm a little anal about that cleaning thing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Heres a pic of how much room I have, is there enough for a rear BUIS?

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#23]
That's exactly where mine sits.  Here is a pic from the top.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#24]
sp1shooter, I like that sight, what model number, where can I get one. At least I know it will fit my receiver.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I have the GG&G MAD coming to my doorstep even though I cancelled the order before it was shipped. Do you think that would fit going by my picture?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I need some HELP!!

I have spent the last 2 months getting my kit together.  I have an EOTech 551, and a Surefire M900 mounted to a Surefire M73 which was all fine and dandy until today when my Service rifle was changed from a M4 to an M-16....  I had everything mounted to a pre-ban Olympic Arms CAR-15 and it worked great.  BTW on that particular setup, when I put the EOTech on the M73 the dot went right to the tip of my front sight and shot point of aim without touching the adjustments.  

Needless to say the Mrs. is none to happy that I have spent quite a bit of money prior to leaving for the sandbox in a couple of weeks and now I may have to leave all my toys at home.  What I need is a Rifle length, drop-in rail system that is on par with the M73, and fast shipping.  My goal is less than $200.00 since I don't have a AR that size.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for all the help.
Steve

[ALL THE WAY!!]
hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#27]
131AJumpmaster,

It's funny that you say the EO dot sits right atop the front sight, I received my EO yesterday and mounted it and thats what I see the dot sit right on the tip of the front site post. Do you think there is something wrong with that? I kind of like it. I'm adjusting to it. Why the change if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
PocketG,

I think that's probably where the thing should be based on a good sight picture.  When I spent some time bench-resting it to see where it shot I was happy to see I didn't have to make any adjustments.  I have seen some pics where the reticle and dot are well above the post, but that could be the camera angle.   Personally I think that with this set up as it is, it keeps me going back to a good sight picture looking for both the front sight and the dot.  As far as the weapon change, my *&%$# Commander decides to reallocate all the weapons based on jobs.  Some choices were good, some very questionable.  I'm actually thinking about signing an M4 out from another unit a buddy of mine commands.

[ALL THE WAY!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I need some HELP!!

I have spent the last 2 months getting my kit together.  I have an EOTech 551, and a Surefire M900 mounted to a Surefire M73 which was all fine and dandy until today when my Service rifle was changed from a M4 to an M-16....  I had everything mounted to a pre-ban Olympic Arms CAR-15 and it worked great.  BTW on that particular setup, when I put the EOTech on the M73 the dot went right to the tip of my front sight and shot point of aim without touching the adjustments.  

Needless to say the Mrs. is none to happy that I have spent quite a bit of money prior to leaving for the sandbox in a couple of weeks and now I may have to leave all my toys at home.  What I need is a Rifle length, drop-in rail system that is on par with the M73, and fast shipping.  My goal is less than $200.00 since I don't have a AR that size.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for all the help.
Steve

[ALL THE WAY!!]

If you can  find someone with stock, the YHM rifle-length 2-piece rails are $150.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#30]
131AJumpmaster,

What you say makes sense so I feel alright about the sights, anyway I hope you get the M4. If that's what you like and feel comfortable with shall be it. I wish I could help you on the other stuff you mention i think it will work out for you. "Hang in there,  AR Bro"
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Not A Llama,  Thanks for the info...Which company has the YHMs for $150.00?  I have heard good things about Yankee Hill.  Any issues with them and rail mounted accessories?  For instance: I know the Surefire M73 and TD grips have issues with each other.  Anyone heard anything similar about the YHM?  Bottom Line: this rail is going to be depended on for much more than range time.  I'll be out with convoys at a minimum, and worst case Jumping in somewhere so I need something durable and easy to maintain which is why i'm not too excited about the free-float types.  Thanks for all the help everyone.

Steve
HE
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I keep forgeting to ask this, what is the difference between the 552 rev. E and the rev.F ?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#33]
PocketG,

If you like the setup you have and there are no issues with how your EO is mounted, then it's probably close to what you need.  I don't know what your application for the weapon is, but look at it this way if you continue to shoot with the same or very similar sight picture and you are say, at a training facility/tactical school shoot and the batteries die or something screwy, your muscle memory will have you going back to a good sight picture without thinking about it.  Thanks for the help it will work out one way or another, even if I have to spend a few MORE bucks.  Besides if I have th rail, it gives me an excuse to by a full size AR when I get back right??

Steve

ALL THE WAY!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got my flat top upper and eotech 512 today!! I am one happy camper,, I wanna ask where is everyone's favorite place to mount this great sight? I have seen alot of pictures showing it being mounted right on the handguard and others in the middle., I placed mine all the way back next to the charging handle, because my BUIS have no arrived yet, but what are the opinions on the best mounting posistion?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I keep forgeting to ask this, what is the difference between the 552 rev. E and the rev.F ?

Didn't try the search function?   Go to the tacked post up top called,"OPTIC FAQ THREADS".
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Kisara,

Thanks for the tip. You have a sweet set-up, what front rail system do you have on it? And the rear sight?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#37]
PocketG,

Here is where I got the sight.

www.globaltactical.com/axami/shop.php?grd=168&prd=169

It was backordered but they were very nice and called when it was being shipped.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#38]
sp1shooter,

I think I mentioned that GG&G shipped the MAD, after I cancelled it , so that sight is going to be at my doorstep in a few days. Because many spoke good things about it. Which I believe. But I really like the rear sight on your rig. The prices are the same. I'm going to mount the MAD rear BUIS and see what transpires from that.The TROY new Gen 2 Dual Aperature rear BUIS is my choice if the GG&G does not work out. Thanks for the website link.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#39]
The GG&G should work just fine.  I looked at it too.  The cross screws are all in about the same place.  As I mentioned I have a YHM rear BUIS and it works too.  I have had an AR for 15 years but haven't shot it much in the last several years cause I don't want to beat it up.  Then I find this damn place and had to do the M4gery thing....I'm new to all this fancy stuff and it sure is fun!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been into handguns since 1981 not including the US ARMY from 1978-1981, I work the munition depot for 1.5 years, so I had it all, 50 cals, 60cals, LAWS (light anti tank systems) but those were fun and I mean FUN to discharge. The depot would get new weapons and I would field test before the soldiers would receive them for duty. The LAWS I would discharge by crate because we would receive new supply. Blow off the old, and stock the depot with the new. Always had a M-16 to shoot in fact I would get bored of shooting them. (i would not say that now) I would go for the 50's & 60's,  those were the days.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is my new addition.  RRA LE Tactical  W/YHM  FF Quad Rail and EOTech 552.A65

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I noticed that I don't see many shortys with EOTech mounted. Shortys where are you?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#43]
latest and greatest, now w/ a voltor stock.  AND, the rifle is now a LE6920.  (swapped everything between the BM and Colt ... why?  Because I was bored last night.).

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#44]
M4Kid,

Your Transformation is amazing. I wished I had spare parts that I can be bored with. I may be new to AR I have to admit this is the best topic I've seen in awhile. All the AR's in this topic are AWWWSOME..
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
M4Kid,

Your Transformation is amazing. I wished I had spare parts that I can be bored with. I may be new to AR I have to admit this is the best topic I've seen in awhile. All the AR's in this topic are AWWWSOME..

Thanks.  But the bushmaster is stock w/ a TA31F on it.  Thinking about getting a DD free floater on it and a club-foot stock.  But I need money, I am broke.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Please don't mention BROKE, in 2 week period i bought, new (1) AR, (1) FiveseveN, (1) Walther P-22, (1) Kel-Tec 380 Auto (1) $1000.00 safe (3 boxes 5.7 ammo) (4 boxes 5.56 ammo) man, if my wifey reads this, I'm gone.... forgot to mention (1) Eotech and cover ( GG&G rear sight)
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#47]
PocketG, where in CT are you, sounds like you'd be a fun guy to shoot with h,
Steve
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
PocketG, where in CT are you, sounds like you'd be a fun guy to shoot with Do you like your EoTech, I have been thinking about picking one up for my AR and M1A Scout, but I have yet to try one out. I tried the Aimpoint but I dunno.. it just doesnt feel that great to me.

Steve

NUCadet,

What company are you in?  Glad to see someone else from the 'Wick here.

-Forest NU MCV '88  F-Co.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:46:48 AM EDT
[#49]
NUcadet07,

I am from The city of Milford, I see your from CT also. Where abouts, if you don't mind asking. Yes I do like the EOTech, I'm still trying to adjust to the retilcle. Kind of fuzzy at first. When used properly the fuzziness goes away and It looks like clean shooting from there.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top