Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 11:12:30 AM EDT
Does anyone currently use the A.R.M.S. flip up sights, if so, what do you think of them?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Both my carbines use them - they are very nice, great mounting system IMHO.  Until the Troy's came out they were the Site favored flip-up BUIS.

Big thing with them is to remember to LocTite the nut that holds the retaining screw in place.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the loc tight nut secure the sight to the flat top?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does the loc tight nut secure the sight to the flat top?

The sight slides onto the rail - then a 'square' screw (the end is round and threaded) go through part of the base to secure it to the rail - the nut goes on the end of that screw.

The screw prevents fore/aft motion of the sight (the sight cannot be lifted off the rail - it must be slid off the front or back).
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Forest.  I will be sure to remember that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the ARMS 40A myself. I think it is a great sight.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Both my carbines use them - they are very nice, great mounting system IMHO.  Until the Troy's came out they were the Site favored flip-up BUIS.

Big thing with them is to remember to LocTite the nut that holds the retaining screw in place.

Your advice came just a couple of days too late for me. Another one is on the way, including a tube of Loctite, compliments of ARMS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
ARMS 40A, bought from G&R, on my M4gery.  Great sight, highly recommended.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent sight, 2K rds and counting and not so much as a hint of loosness (cause I listened to Forrest)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:24:47 AM EDT
[#9]
According to Bushmaster if you use the #40 standard ARMS flip up sight you have to adjust or buy another front sight post that is higher to compensate for the ARMS sight.  Has anyone had trouble zeroing their ARMS sight or any hints when I get it.  I will be using it with an EO Tech.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
According to Bushmaster if you use the #40 standard ARMS flip up sight you have to adjust or buy another front sight post that is higher to compensate for the ARMS sight.  Has anyone had trouble zeroing their ARMS sight or any hints when I get it.

Some rifles have this issue.

I've not seen it with my Bushmasters using ARMS #40s - I'm using the standard front sight and they are zeroed for 50y.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#11]
The #40's are made to the mil spec Colt/FNmi ,issue weapons. Front sight bases and or A non spec receiver can make it so you need to get a front sight post that is a little taller. The only weapon that I know of that seems to need one, once in awhile, is Bushmaster.
Good shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top