BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2016 2:44:25 PM EDT
The election result is for the gun owners favor. Do you think the price for AR-15 magazines will drop down few more bucks due to more inventory and lesser buyers?
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What Panic?  The one people made up as an excuse to post stupid crap or act responsible ??
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Palmetto's D&H mags are back down to $6.99 ea.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, prices will most likely reflect the political situation. Too many bought using CC and will look to recoup some capital.
Some will still try to gouge pricing only because they got jacked. Look at the EE, mags and lowers are free flowing again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I may or may not have procured some
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
PSA had complete lowers for $220 over the weekend... now they're $199 with free shipping this morning... they'll be back down to $130-140 in a few weeks, which is where they should be
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
BUY 'EM CHEAP AND STACK 'EM DEEP, AMIRIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PSA had complete lowers for $220 over the weekend... now they're $199 with free shipping this morning... they'll be back down to $130-140 in a few weeks, which is where they should be
View Quote

Black Friday is going to be GLORIOUS this year!
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My December credit card bill is going to suck bigly
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm expecting a little over $1300 in back pay from the VA sometime in the not-too-distant (hopefully) future. Hopefully, it'll arrive in time to take advantage of the numerous Black Friday through Year's End sales.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looking to get about 50 for my family out of state, since I cant own them here
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
$7 USGI and $10 PMAGs. It can't get much cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Mag prices are as low as they will get. $10.00-11.00 for PMAGS and $7.00 for D&H. Companies would be losing money if they went for any less.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Those PSA lowers are now $169 with free shipping, heading in the right direction. Not sure those mags can go down much from $7?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:05:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously doubt it.

Prices do not have far to drop.  Margins are already tight.

You are in for a rude awakening.  This year's BF will be even worse than last year.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:06:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not sure those mags can go down much from $7?
View Quote

They can't much.  Adjusted for inflation - mags are as cheap now as they have ever been.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I got a bunch of Okays for $10.  I don't see them getting much lower than that.

M2 Pmags may go down to $9

Maybe black Lancers for $12..?  Clear/Smoke for $14...?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got a bunch of Okays for $10.  I don't see them getting much lower than that.

M2 Pmags may go down to $9

Maybe black Lancers for $12..?  Clear/Smoke for $14...?
View Quote

DSG Arms recently had 10 packs of Lancers (5 black and 5 smoke) for $125 and free shipping. Grab two and an average cost of $12.50 per lancer isn't awful.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Washington state is hell bent on following California's lead. Panic is still on here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Mags can and will get cheaper.  They are very cheap to make, and the R&D and tooling has been long paid for, even on more recent offerings like Pmag and Lancer.

Magazines are by design inexpensive, disposable items.

Sure, they're not going to be free, and they will always be more than a couple bucks (except maybe surplus...), but there is plenty of room even at these prices.  Even if they go from $10.00 to $8.00, or $7.00 to $5.00, that's still a 20%-30% savings which is tremendous if you're really serious about buying magazines.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Just remember that most everyone bought inventory at PRE election prices. That inventory is still on shelves needing to be sold at some profit. The super cheap stuff may not hit until after the new year. Cheap PMAGS (below $10) are already available on sales if you're looking.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#22]
If "surplus" mags hit $3 again I'm buying every one I find.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mag prices are as low as they will get. $10.00-11.00 for PMAGS and $7.00 for D&H. Companies would be losing money if they went for any less.
View Quote

In 2014 PMAG M3 were $7.25 from big B and constantly $8-9 everywhere. It can definitely go lower than $10, the $10/M3 started becoming that price this year due to the elections.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

In 2014 PMAG M3 were $7.25 from big B and constantly $8-9 everywhere. It can definitely go lower than $10, the $10/M3 started becoming that price this year due to the elections.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At that price they were a loss leader. Case prices for M2 mags are around $8.50 each.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I love it. All these companies have made a killing the last 8 years over charging us. Time for them to feel the pain
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 8:55:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same  
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought there would be a crash in the guns/ammo/mags market but I did not count on the 'snowflake rebellion' which could still influence a few to buy. Honestly, I don't know who's left to buy guns now or where they would find room for any more. Its been going on since 1992, off and on, and I think most people have too many already. So, within a year I think its going to be a very flat market.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 4:05:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I thought there would be a crash in the guns/ammo/mags market but I did not count on the 'snowflake rebellion' which could still influence a few to buy. Honestly, I don't know who's left to buy guns now or where they would find room for any more. Its been going on since 1992, off and on, and I think most people have too many already. So, within a year I think its going to be a very flat market.
View Quote

Maybe true. This past year I pretty much focused on things that would be banned (mags, ARs) and bought middle of the road vendors so I could get greater quantity. But this next year, while I won't be spending quite as much, I will focus higher end guns, optics (which I didn't buy any this year), training, body armor, etc.

If the HPA passes we will probably see very large demand for suppressors.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to think the same thing. People turn 21 every day in this country. People who are already of legal age to own them see the light every day. That will never end.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love it. All these companies have made a killing the last 8 years over charging us. Time for them to feel the pain
View Quote

. They eat their own.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

. They eat their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. They eat their own.

Yea, I hope they all go out of business so I can't buy any magazines two years from now....

Brilliance has it limits...stupidity not so much apparently.....
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't wait to wreck my wallet on Black Friday this year!
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I plan to spend more in the next 3 years then I did in the last 3 years on gun stuff. I plan on buying enough guns, ammo, ect  to leave my kids with a lifetime supply.

The wife says I'm already there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eight years ago they were $ 75 at Miami gun shows.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Same  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same  

Yup
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Washington state is hell bent on following California's lead. Panic is still on here.
View Quote

This guy speaks the truth
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Federal AWB ended just over 12 years ago, in September 2004. If you were still seeing $75 30-round AR mags in 2008, you were shopping in the wrong places. I really hope you weren't dumb enough to pay that for them then.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Need to see pmags at 8.99 shipped
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I plan on buying a lot more over the next few years.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hell the highest I remember 30 rd AR mags listed for at gun shows in my area during the AWB was $30.00 and they weren't selling.
View Quote

At a gun show right after Sandy Hook, I saw PMags selling for $40. Not many, but there were some buyers.  

During the AWB, I bought used GI mags for $10-15. Still using them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#43]
It's gotten to the point where I don't even look for PMags anymore, I'd love to find a deal on USGI mags and maybe some Lancers, but I have enough PMags.

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yea, I hope they all go out of business so I can't buy any magazines two years from now....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

. They eat their own.

He's a troll and has already been banned from at least one subforum.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Like it or not, there will be many vendors and likely many manufacturers that do go out of business due to the drop in demand.  The previously high demand and high margins meant that you didn't have to run a really tight ship to turn a profit.  Many of these dealers and websites were recent startups and just squeezing by to make payroll.  When the price and the volume ticks down, even slightly, the poorly-run or just-getting-by shops will be the first to go.  On the other side of the coin, the well run businesses with good products and service will continue to thrive in spite of this, and perhaps pick up a bigger market share.  But this is like any business and any market.

Looking down from the mountaintop on the past decade or so, we're truly going to be in a goldilocks zone of tons of quality product to choose from, but at the same time businesses having to really compete for your money.  If we hadn't had to endure the AWB and then the past 8 years of hostile administration, things like mags would have stayed super cheap and there wouldn't have been enough margin for a Magpul or a Lancer or someone else to take a risk on developing and marketing and continuing to improve the quality products that they have today.

Consumer enthusiasm is at an all-time high, selection is at an all-time high, and it appears to only be getting better.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Like it or not, there will be many vendors and likely many manufacturers that do go out of business due to the drop in demand.  The previously high demand and high margins meant that you didn't have to run a really tight ship to turn a profit.  Many of these dealers and websites were recent startups and just squeezing by to make payroll.  When the price and the volume ticks down, even slightly, the poorly-run or just-getting-by shops will be the first to go.  On the other side of the coin, the well run businesses with good products and service will continue to thrive in spite of this, and perhaps pick up a bigger market share.  But this is like any business and any market.

Looking down from the mountaintop on the past decade or so, we're truly going to be in a goldilocks zone of tons of quality product to choose from, but at the same time businesses having to really compete for your money.  If we hadn't had to endure the AWB and then the past 8 years of hostile administration, things like mags would have stayed super cheap and there wouldn't have been enough margin for a Magpul or a Lancer or someone else to take a risk on developing and marketing and continuing to improve the quality products that they have today.

Consumer enthusiasm is at an all-time high, selection is at an all-time high, and it appears to only be getting better.
View Quote

A fifteen year war with two active theaters and a metric shit ton of "Homeland Security" funding didn't exactly hurt R&D/ Business Start Up opportunities.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#50]
You can get as many PMAGs as you want for $8.50 shipped as long as you buy them by the case.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top