BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/23/2015 3:50:11 PM EDT
I previously thought that pmags were the best, but with their new polymer they seem to be much more fragile than before.  I just came across these magazines: http://www.etsgroup.us/product-p/ar15-30c.htm  and they look great! What do y'all think about those magazines or what are the best ar magazines?  I am of the opinion of having fewer magazines but higher quality than having a huge amount of lower quality magazines.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#1]
Originally Posted By nwoodcock1:
I previously thought that pmags were the best, but with their new polymer they seem to be much more fragile than before.  I just came across these magazines: http://www.etsgroup.us/product-p/ar15-30c.htm  and they look great! What do y'all think about those magazines or what are the best ar magazines?  I am of the opinion of having fewer magazines but higher quality than having a huge amount of lower quality magazines.
View Quote

Most modern produced mags are "quality" and will feed reliably and stand up to moderate abuse.  There has been some discussion about the durability of magpul's new polymer formula in the old geometry Gen II magazines, but I haven't heard anything bad durability wise with the new polymer formula in the Gen IIIs.  In terms of reliability in feeding, Pmags are about the best you can get for the AR platform and are hard to beat for around $10 a piece.

Lancers and ETS mags might be more durable than Pmags, but I doubt they will feed better, and they cost a lot more.  It's hard to beat Pmags in terms of pure value.  If you like metal mags, you can get brownells or other USGI brands for $10 or less.  At the end of the day, mags have to be viewed as semi disposable as they tend to get lost / discarded in battle so having a limited number won't do even if they were indestructible.

To answer your question though, in terms of pure durability, the Lancer AWM seems to be the best followed by the ETS.  In terms of reliability in feeding, I think Pmags are probobally top with a slight edge over the others, but I doubt you could notice the difference between them and the others.  ETS is still new and in the development phase, so while they are durable I'd be hesitant to consider their reliability on par with the others.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, thank you.  Also, not all of my pmags have the dust covers and I do store most of them loaded, should I buy the dust covers to help prevent the magazine lips from spreading?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Okay, thank you.  Also, not all of my pmags have the dust covers and I do store most of them loaded, should I buy the dust covers to help prevent the magazine lips from spreading?
View Quote

No, the lips shouldn't spread.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
You might want to check out this 7 page thread a little down from yours.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/673591_.html
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

You can't beat Pmags.  They have a proven track record (in use since 2007 I believe) and are a much better value.  Also, Pmags are not lower quality by any means, in my opinion they are the proven standard for polymer magazines.  Of course there is the occasional failure of a Pmag but look at the shear number of Pmags in circulation - any magazine manufacturer that has the numbers in circulation that Magpul has will have a certain number of failed magazines.  A magazine is a disposable item, meant to be replaced if it wears out.

Why would you spend $18.00 to $20.00 on a single polymer magazine when you can get 2 Pmags for that cost?  Will that $20.00 magazine last twice as long as a Pmag?  Buy cheap and stack deep.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Since when has Magpul's new polymer had a reputation for being more fragile than the old??

The old Pmags used to crack down the spine, I even saw a whole feedlip cracked off an old Gen 1 mag.  The new polymer is supposed to be tougher than the old.

As far as the Gen M3 mags...
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ETSgroup:

Our mags can he had at some dealers for $13.99. I am still not sure why some people insist on comparing our MSRP prices to others selling magpul at large discounted prices. Our MSRP is exactly the same as a Pmag.

Here is one of our dealers that I believe is an industry partner on the forum as well...
Primary Arms ETS mag for $13.99

I just want to make sure that when people do comparisons of our mags as far as price is concerned it's apples to apples...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ExtremeTeam:

You can't beat Pmags.  They have a proven track record (in use since 2007 I believe) and are a much better value.  Also, Pmags are not lower quality by any means, in my opinion they are the proven standard for polymer magazines.  Of course there is the occasional failure of a Pmag but look at the shear number of Pmags in circulation - any magazine manufacturer that has the numbers in circulation that Magpul has will have a certain number of failed magazines.  A magazine is a disposable item, meant to be replaced if it wears out.

Why would you spend $18.00 to $20.00 on a single polymer magazine when you can get 2 Pmags for that cost?  Will that $20.00 magazine last twice as long as a Pmag?  Buy cheap and stack deep.

Our mags can he had at some dealers for $13.99. I am still not sure why some people insist on comparing our MSRP prices to others selling magpul at large discounted prices. Our MSRP is exactly the same as a Pmag.

Here is one of our dealers that I believe is an industry partner on the forum as well...
Primary Arms ETS mag for $13.99

I just want to make sure that when people do comparisons of our mags as far as price is concerned it's apples to apples...

I'd love to try some of your mags. Perhaps when money isn't so tight I'll order a couple. I think the coupling system would be great for use in my patrol rifle. When I bail out of a car quickly on a hot call, I sometimes(more often than not ) forget to grab and extra mag, and usually only bring the one in the rifle. I really think this would end my stress induced forgetfulness... I also don't see weight being an issue with the rifle being a 6933, and usually relatively short deployments of the long guns..
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:39:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jsmith1997] [#9]
Sweet! My next magazine order will be from y'all and I will find out for myself what is best. A definite benefit of the ETC is that it is fully translucent, which helps.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By samuse:
Since when has Magpul's new polymer had a reputation for being more fragile than the old??

The old Pmags used to crack down the spine, I even saw a whole feedlip cracked off an old Gen 1 mag.  The new polymer is supposed to be tougher than the old.

View Quote

I looked into my claims and found my mistake, it was actually an issue on gen2 pmags, I have not seen the issue in reference to gen 3s.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:27:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#11]

View All Quotes

My own tests proved as much.  The new formula is more rigid and far more prone to larger cracks in the spine of the GII mags than the old softer formula.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=610837

Magpul didn't like my test and quickly used their influence to make the site staff close my thread.

They told me to mail in the mags so they could evaluate them.  The mags got delivered but were "lost" at the factory...

Something else you may want to consider is that a couple years back a serviceman did a torture test of various magazines and it was found that the GII with their larger follower fed more reliably after mud tests, etc than the GIII which has a smaller follower and I guess allowed more debri to get caught between the sides of the mag body and the follower.  I'll try to pull up the link later.

***UPDATE:  I have included reference to the aforementioned test below***

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/612074_Our_Military_Magazine_Torture_Test.html

Also a quote from the test's final analysis comparing the Gen II to the Gen III.

Final Evaluation:

The Magpul Gen2 Magazine was the unanimous winner after all the tests were said and done.
Collectivly the final determination was decided by these factors:

The Magpul Gen2 had the strength, it felt solid, it past the muddy water test with no
need for another rinse to function, it had smooth magwell operation for seating loaded
and unloaded, and it was easy to take apart and clean. There was no major issues concerning
the Magpul Gen2's function and reliability throughout the tests.
The only issue brought up by the soldier's was better drainage for water.

The Magpul Gen3:
This magazine had some trouble during the muddy water test where its older brother the Gen2 passed
with flying colors. The Gen3 had to be washed out multiple times so we could continue the testing.
All Soldier's liked the improved grip and texture. They liked the beefiness and toughness of
the Gen3, all Soldier's would of liked the Gen3 to stick with the longer follower the Gen2 had.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]
ETS is good to go.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:40:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YERDADDY] [#13]
"The PMag M2 (MOE) magazine is the most deployed polymer M4/M16 magazine in US Combat history.

It is fielded literally in the millions and outnumbers all other polymer magazines used in Iraq and Afghanistan, COMBINED.

There is a reason for this. The PMag is the best all round magazine for reliability under all conditions."

This is the final word, as posted by Magpul himself. It is not to be questioned or discussed, to do so will be interpreted as a "personal attack on a site sponsor", ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By YERDADDY:
"The PMag M2 (MOE) magazine is the most deployed polymer M4/M16 magazine in US Combat history.

It is fielded literally in the millions and outnumbers all other polymer magazines used in Iraq and Afghanistan, COMBINED.

There is a reason for this. The PMag is the best all round magazine for reliability under all conditions."

This is the final word, as posted by Pmag himself. It is not to be questioned or discussed, to do so will be interpreted as a "personal attack on a site sponsor", ask me how I know.
View Quote

I saw that.

I'm getting pretty tired of magpul and the way they act here
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#15]
The Pmags can survive a truck running over them, but that's not realistically going to happen in a real world situation.  Dropping a full loaded Pmag on its feed lips, now I can see that happening in a typical scenario.  Pmags are good mags but there are better ones out there.  I don't have any ETS mags because I am overstocked with Lancer's AWM.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:58:42 AM EDT
[#16]
What was the recent thread that the PMag Gen 3 feeds the round @ a higher angle than previous mags, and that turns out keeps the M4 breech area from being chewed up by the new M855A1?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By zackmars:

I saw that.

View All Quotes

This is the final word, as posted by Pmag himself. It is not to be questioned or discussed, to do so will be interpreted as a "personal attack on a site sponsor", ask me how I know.

I saw that.

FWIW in real combat zones USGI magazines are by far the majority.  I would say 1-2% are anything other than USGI.  I have seen TAPCO magazines in Afghanistan
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I would like,to try a few of the ETS mags and support a TN business. Have GI,and Pmag mix. ETS is next in que.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been stomping the crap out of an ETS magazine since they were released. Believe it's from their initial run. So far it's taken a HUGE beating. Now the thing is, it's the coupler style magazine and it's entirely possible that it's lasting through all my tests because of the extra material. I'd be happy to start stomping the crap out of a non-coupler mag as well (Also from their initial release) and record it when I can, assuming there is interest.

I just wish they made 20 rounders. Still have a crapload of pmags in 20 and 30 round capacities and still use them too practically every weekend. But I've been extremely impressed with the ETS magazines. They are excellent and see as much if not more use since I received them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KurtVF:

FWIW in real combat zones USGI magazines are by far the majority.  I would say 1-2% are anything other than USGI.  I have seen TAPCO magazines in Afghanistan
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KurtVF:

I saw that.

Hi,

I read recently of an incident where Chicago SWAT quit using PMAG's and went back to metal magazines.  The PMAG's incidents according to the author were catastrophic failures with PMAG's shattering when dropped on a hard surface during the Chicago winter.  It might be a reason why the services are sticking with Aluminum USGI magazines.

The huge majority of PMAG use in combat has been in climates that are relatively dry.  Chicago is relatively humid, the weather changes fast there too, are humid climates/temperature changes giving Nylon PMAG's issues?  I do appreciate the G2 PMAG's reliability, it served my son in two wars in Iraq & Afghanistan with perfect function, but his units still used Aluminum USGI magazines in Alaska & Kentucky.

Regards:

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:53:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheQuadfather] [#21]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
What was the recent thread that the PMag Gen 3 feeds the round @ a higher angle than previous mags, and that turns out keeps the M4 breech area from being chewed up by the new M855A1?
View Quote

That was the thread about the new g.i. mags.

Magpul keeps saying how the Gen M3 was the only magazine to feed the M855A1 without accelerated wear on the feedramp part of the upper.

I've tried to ask Magpul how the Gen M2s fared, but all I got was that they didn't test the Gen M2, but the M2s has the same feed angle as the M3.

I've used g.i., RevMs, Gen M3s, and now back to Gen M2 MOES.  I've never had systemic reliability problems out of any mag, but I have shit canned more Pmags than any other and I won't be buying any more.  Real g.i. mags or NHMTGs work better for me in field conditions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Blain:Lancers and ETS mags might be more durable than Pmags, but I doubt they will feed better....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blain:Lancers and ETS mags might be more durable than Pmags, but I doubt they will feed better....

Lancers feed as well any PMag I've owned, and feed the variants (300Blackout, etc) waaaay better than any Pmag ever will.

Originally Posted By ExtremeTeam:You can't beat Pmags.  

Lancer does, on several levels.

I've yet to spend more than $10 DELIVERED on any Lancer mag (translucent or opaque) You can buy them right now for 6/$55 (that's $9.17each delivered) from the vendor who shall not be named.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

From what Magpul said the Gen 2 should be fine, but only the M3 was tested but it has the same feed angle as the Gen 2 mags as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:58:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#25]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:06:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#26]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Blain:

Most modern produced mags are "quality" and will feed reliably and stand up to moderate abuse.  There has been some discussion about the durability of magpul's new polymer formula in the old geometry Gen II magazines, but I haven't heard anything bad durability wise with the new polymer formula in the Gen IIIs.  In terms of reliability in feeding, Pmags are about the best you can get for the AR platform and are hard to beat for around $10 a piece.

Lancers and ETS mags might be more durable than Pmags, but I doubt they will feed better, and they cost a lot more.  It's hard to beat Pmags in terms of pure value.  If you like metal mags, you can get brownells or other USGI brands for $10 or less.  At the end of the day, mags have to be viewed as semi disposable as they tend to get lost / discarded in battle so having a limited number won't do even if they were indestructible.
View Quote

Can find Lancers for $10-$11, even a bit under $10 if you catch some of the bulk packs in stock.  Not any more expensive than Pmags.  ETS are about the same as average prices for Pmag M3.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PicatinnyPete] [#28]
Originally Posted By Magpul:

The PMag M3 is rated down to -60 and still will run after being dropped from a height that will kill a USGI at room temperature. We test this in both 100% and 0% humidity

https://youtu.be/JVobY9KdeHc?list=PLLLtq9scclwKVYVSGUsrOsprdHo_TKJt7
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PicatinnyPete:

Hi,

I read recently of an incident where Chicago SWAT quit using PMAG's and went back to metal magazines.  The PMAG's incidents according to the author were catastrophic failures with PMAG's shattering when dropped on a hard surface during the Chicago winter.  It might be a reason why the services are sticking with Aluminum USGI magazines.

The huge majority of PMAG use in combat has been in climates that are relatively dry.  Chicago is relatively humid, the weather changes fast there too, are humid climates/temperature changes giving Nylon PMAG's issues?  I do appreciate the G2 PMAG's reliability, it served my son in two wars in Iraq & Afghanistan with perfect function, but his units still used Aluminum USGI magazines in Alaska & Kentucky.

Regards:

The PMag M3 is rated down to -60 and still will run after being dropped from a height that will kill a USGI at room temperature. We test this in both 100% and 0% humidity

https://youtu.be/JVobY9KdeHc?list=PLLLtq9scclwKVYVSGUsrOsprdHo_TKJt7

Hi,

I'm sure that you tested your magazines down to -60 degrees, and they are rated to -60F degree also.  It's a responsible and practical thing to do.  The thing is it doesn't get down to -60F in Chicago, and there were enough total failures of a PMAG in the field to cause an issue with Chicago SWAT.

Testing a design and proving it though doesn't necessarily disclose a flaw in material or conditions not tested for.  Numerous tire recalls bear this out when the resin used for the synthetic isn't right or driving condition not tested for causes a problem.  Blown tires are an issue driving, and magazines failing during a stress situation are bad too.

Testing in 100% humidity at -60 F is useless as the air will consist of less than 0.01% water vapor.  The humidity in the Mojave desert is tropical in comparison. A 100% humidity test at -60 F is essentially testing at 0% humidity.  As I noted before P-MAGS seem to do very well in low humidity.

Nylon is a hydroscopic material,  it does swell or shrink varying amounts depending on the type used and the amount of glass fiber, and different isomers used.  Nylon also incorporates water from the air until it equalized.  Hot temperatures can cause hydrated Nylon magazines to swell and not freely eject.  Nylon also stores water in its structure and if fully hydrated and subjected to freezing temperatures can become brittle. I would not question the PMAG's in the desert or dry areas but shores of Iwo Jima might be another issue.

Magpul has addressed their testing in their posted video test which doesn't address the issue with humidity for the reasons stated above.  ETS may be on to something by switching polymers

Respectfully:
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:49:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#29]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:16:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:51:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#31]
OK after a little searching I found the "story". I can see now why you did not reference it. PMags are not even mentioned by name, just a "polymer magazine".

The story is not actually a story at all, it is a C Products Defense press release promoting their metal mags.

As expected from such a press release there is a lot of "polymer is bad hypotheticals"- because it deforms under heat (does not affect the PMag) and breaks under cold (PMag Gen M3s are rated down to -60).

I like how it leads with the statement "Polymer magazines, which have been banned by the United States military since May of 2012".

In reality a TACOM memo specified only approved magazines (USGI) could be used was briefly issued but this was clarified a week later (after outrage from those deployed) with this statement saying the original memo "was just a suggestion".
View Quote

Ignore the haters Magpul, we still love you. Besides your magazines are good enough for the Army to want to imitate them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:54:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PicatinnyPete] [#32]
Hello,

Actually I heard about the incident before and the source was an arms company representative.  I read the article you cited and it also gives the source, Officer Frank Gaber of the Chicago PD so the incident can be verified.  It is a little surprising séeing you mention CPD Inc on post comparing ETS Group to PMAGS.

PMAG has become a generic term for polymer magazines many of which bare more than a passing resemblance to the PMAG.   I have seen instances though in the past were older versions of the PMAG did display this behavior.  This is one documented for instance.

PMAG failure
PMAG failure with pictures

Magpul has always stood behind their product,  I and my family use your magazines and accessories  No magazine is perfect though and they all have faults PMAG's included.  USGI Aluminum magazines have faults and I use them also.  I sèe no problem here an issue has been identified and is being addressed by Magpul.  It is a challenging task because of the material Nylon.  I think having the information out there is better to help people make informed decisions.

I do think it is legitimate to raise the question about the question of if the magazine material is Hydroscopic as it has an effect on the performance of the magazine.  I will ask the same question of ETS too since the topic of this thread also concerns them.  How hydroscopic is your polymer?

Regards:

P.S.  Did the USMC lift the ban on PMAGS?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#33]
The dirty, beaten, fde pmags that a relative gave me, that came back from the middle east, seem to still work fine.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Magpul do you have a lifetime warranty on your pmags ?
I always ask this question but can never seem to get an answer so i figured now would be another go time to ask again.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:00:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PicatinnyPete] [#36]

Hello Pete,
I have seen many of your posts on this forum and I have always felt that you conduct yourself in a very logical and productive manner, thanks for that.

As for the subject at hand, I believe the term we are looking for is hygroscopic, this refers to a materials ability to absorb and retain water. A Hydroscope is a device that allows one to see under water. I am not trying to be a stickler here with words, I just didn't everyone to think I am misspelling the word several times in my post.

That out of the way, our material is not hygroscopic. This means it does not absorb, and more importantly, the molecules do not react with the water in any way. This allows our material to be completely unaffected by moisture. Polymers that are hygroscopic not only swell when they absorb water, many like Nylon, change their physical properties. Water acts as a plasticizer for nylon making it less rigid.

Since our mags are not hygroscopic, they can not be dyed with Rit dye. Someone on this forum tried and he said his pot was more stained than the mag.

I would like to address the original issue that brought this topic up, and that is low temp performance of the polymers. One of the best aspects of our material is it's wide range of thermal stability, It melts at a very high temperature so we don't have to worry about it becoming too soft in high heat. It also retains a large amount of its impact resistance down at -60F. In fact, our mag was more impact resistant at -60F than the other polymer mags we tested at room temperature.

So I want to be clear so there is no room for confusion, our mag will survive a 6ft drop on the feedlips, fully loaded, at -60F and it is not damaged in any way. No cracks or any other kinds of breaks. So not only will our mag function after the -60F drop, it is not broken or damaged in any way.

View All Quotes
Hello,

Actually I heard about the incident before and the source was an arms company representative.  I read the article you cited and it also gives the source, Officer Frank Gaber of the Chicago PD so the incident can be verified.  It is a little surprising séeing you mention CPD Inc on post comparing ETS Group to PMAGS.

PMAG has become a generic term for polymer magazines many of which bare more than a passing resemblance to the PMAG.   I have seen instances though in the past were older versions of the PMAG did display this behavior.  This is one documented for instance.

PMAG failure
PMAG failure with pictures

Magpul has always stood behind their product,  I and my family use your magazines and accessories  No magazine is perfect though and they all have faults PMAG's included.  USGI Aluminum magazines have faults and I use them also.  I sèe no problem here an issue has been identified and is being addressed by Magpul.  It is a challenging task because of the material Nylon.  I think having the information out there is better to help people make informed decisions.

I do think it is legitimate to raise the question about the question of if the magazine material is Hydroscopic as it has an effect on the performance of the magazine.  I will ask the same question of ETS too since the topic of this thread also concerns them.  How hydroscopic is your polymer?

Regards:

P.S.  Did the USMC lift the ban on PMAGS?

Hello Pete,
I have seen many of your posts on this forum and I have always felt that you conduct yourself in a very logical and productive manner, thanks for that.

As for the subject at hand, I believe the term we are looking for is hygroscopic, this refers to a materials ability to absorb and retain water. A Hydroscope is a device that allows one to see under water. I am not trying to be a stickler here with words, I just didn't everyone to think I am misspelling the word several times in my post.

That out of the way, our material is not hygroscopic. This means it does not absorb, and more importantly, the molecules do not react with the water in any way. This allows our material to be completely unaffected by moisture. Polymers that are hygroscopic not only swell when they absorb water, many like Nylon, change their physical properties. Water acts as a plasticizer for nylon making it less rigid.

Since our mags are not hygroscopic, they can not be dyed with Rit dye. Someone on this forum tried and he said his pot was more stained than the mag.

I would like to address the original issue that brought this topic up, and that is low temp performance of the polymers. One of the best aspects of our material is it's wide range of thermal stability, It melts at a very high temperature so we don't have to worry about it becoming too soft in high heat. It also retains a large amount of its impact resistance down at -60F. In fact, our mag was more impact resistant at -60F than the other polymer mags we tested at room temperature.

So I want to be clear so there is no room for confusion, our mag will survive a 6ft drop on the feedlips, fully loaded, at -60F and it is not damaged in any way. No cracks or any other kinds of breaks. So not only will our mag function after the -60F drop, it is not broken or damaged in any way.

Hi,

I stand corrected, better than my tablets auto correct, "hygroscopic" was meant not "hydroscopic".

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:38:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#38]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Magpul:  You still did not answer the question if you are affiliated in any way with Picatinny or a government entity.
View Quote

Nor does he need to do so.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:20:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#40]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Snip
View Quote

Uh, did you just ARock someone?

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#42]

No he does not, but it is always good to know where someone sits before they tell you where they stand.

We have had another user here called Hotgun that posted all sorts of stuff about how it would be interesting to watch a PMag pop rounds out of the top at 180 degrees.

All this was completely untrue but a little internet search discovered he was a Small Arms Program Manager at Rock Island Arsenal with a vested interest in the USGI mag contracts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Magpul:  You still did not answer the question if you are affiliated in any way with Picatinny or a government entity.

Nor does he need to do so.  

No he does not, but it is always good to know where someone sits before they tell you where they stand.

We have had another user here called Hotgun that posted all sorts of stuff about how it would be interesting to watch a PMag pop rounds out of the top at 180 degrees.

All this was completely untrue but a little internet search discovered he was a Small Arms Program Manager at Rock Island Arsenal with a vested interest in the USGI mag contracts.

It's just ironic how you want him to answer your question which has nothing to do with your mags, but ignore a direct question from me which is directly about your product. Why do you think you deserve an answer when you yourself ignore questions ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#43]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a big Magpul fan because their crap just flat out works. Its reliable and I trust their products with my life and my families life. Hell, i've ran over their products with my jeep and they still work. Whats not to love about that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#45]

*snip*
View All Quotes

I saw that.

*snip*

I wonder how many times we're going to see this copy-and-paste wall o' text before Magpul's PR division comes up with something new.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#46]
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I mainly have USGI mags. But I do have a few different polymer/plastic mags. The ETS mags are the best I've tried. If I need more mags those would be the ones I would stock up on...
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:36:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#48]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:37:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magpul] [#49]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#50]

We have been working with a variety translucent polymers since late 2007 (2008 HK416 TMag test). We even built several production molds for planned translucent PMag release in 2010 and 2014. In both cases issues came up in final testing that resulted in the program heading back to development. Again details on this are not something we are willing to share in an open forum but if you are within the gov smalls arms community we will be more than willing to share some data with you regarding our test results.

http://pds6.egloos.com/pds/200807/25/61/e0077961_488928625b2ce.jpg
View All Quotes

Magpul has addressed their testing in their posted video test which doesn't address the issue with humidity for the reasons stated above.  ETS may be on to something by switching polymers

Respectfully:

We have been working with a variety translucent polymers since late 2007 (2008 HK416 TMag test). We even built several production molds for planned translucent PMag release in 2010 and 2014. In both cases issues came up in final testing that resulted in the program heading back to development. Again details on this are not something we are willing to share in an open forum but if you are within the gov smalls arms community we will be more than willing to share some data with you regarding our test results.

http://pds6.egloos.com/pds/200807/25/61/e0077961_488928625b2ce.jpg

I will take a few clear makes for ummm testing. Just tell me when to send my info in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top