Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/18/2014 5:22:13 PM EDT
Magpul will be discontinuing all Foliage products and all colored PMAGs by the end of 2014, stock up now if you are into the colors.

Magpul
Product Updates

With the launch of Stealth Gray across the board, we will be discontinuing Foliage Green as a color option, to be completely phased out by the end of 2014. Also, based on demand and to maintain consistency across our line of magazine products, all non-black MOE magazine color options will be discontinued by the end of 2014.
View Quote

Link
scroll to the bottom
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a clever marketing plot to me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Are all PMAGs MOE? Looking at their website, not all the PMAGs are listed as MOE.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are all PMAGs MOE? Looking at their website, not all the PMAGs are listed as MOE.
View Quote

Gen 2 PMAGs are now called MOE, but since Gen 3 PMAGs do not come in color and Magpul has stated they have no plans to make them in color this looks like the ended of colored pmags.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What is their reasoning for not using colors anymore?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seems like a clever marketing plot bullshit to me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
My guess would be the elimination in the moe line will correspond with the introduction in the m3 line.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that sucks, maybe we will see a slight price drop on black pmags since they won't have to spend time on other colors and will be able to produce more of them. Wishful thinking? Yeah probably.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well that sucks, maybe we will see a slight price drop on black pmags since they won't have to spend time on other colors and will be able to produce more of them. Wishful thinking? Yeah probably.
View Quote

Is $9.99 not cheap enough?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#10]
7.99 is more my style.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut your dirty whore mouth. Cheaper is always better.

Oddly enough, foliage green is the only color Pmag I do not own...wonder if they will eventually be phasing out colors of handguards and stocks, as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Haha, agreed.  But it's not like they're HK priced mags or anything
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Received an email from hartatac.com regarding this, guess it's true.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Haven't they said in the past that color was the slowest selling color in their line up?  If so, it would make sense.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Ehh, i buy mags based on their quality not color.  There is always cerakote.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oddly enough, foliage green is the only color Pmag I do not own...wonder if they will eventually be phasing out colors of handguards and stocks, as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Foliage Green is the color I have the most of.  I probably have 40 of the pre-MOE Gen2 of them.  Maybe I can start trading for black Gen3 mags now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
So what you're saying is, I should go scoop up any colored MOE PMAGs that are still in stock somewhere?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Shucks. Foliage is my favorite MagPul color : (
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:32:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My guess would be the elimination in the moe line will correspond with the introduction in the m3 line.
View Quote

That would be my speculation as well, but minus FG.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing it's something to the effect of they've been churning out backlog for over a year now.  Standardizing on one color will let them get through the next year or so (and any ensuing panic) with maximum product on shelves and when everything looks safe they'll start running colors.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm guessing it's something to the effect of they've been churning out backlog for over a year now.  Standardizing on one color will let them get through the next year or so (and any ensuing panic) with maximum product on shelves and when everything looks safe they'll start running colors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I could also see MP deciding that grey would sell better than FG, so instead of buying new molders for grey, just reuse the FG machines.
Just a financial decision probably based on sale numbers; IE; over the last 4 years, they sold:
FG: 1.6 million
FDE 4.5 million
ODG 3.7 million
BLK 6.0 million

I'd drop the FG too if predictions said SG would match the sales of the other colors.

Please note these are numbers I pulled out of my ass, so do not hold me to them, or complain to MP that I'm releasing sales figures, etc. etc. and so forth.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#23]
All foilage is going away for everthing-nfot just mags.  Stocks, etc are all going away.

All colors except black are going away in moe mags.  No fde, od, or fg.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#24]
any chance this is related to the move out of CO?  Maybe they will retool when they set up their new shop?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Interesting.  I personally liked the foliage green Pmags.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I have well over 150 PMAGS and the only PMAGS I ever had issues with were the foliage green (with window). I had three crack / break feed lips during range training. I mostly only buy black (sometimes FDE)  and for about half of the black ones I hit them with some Aervoe sand color paint.  From an operations and financial stand point it makes sense for PMAG to reduce the number of colors to maximize production. Depending on the mid term election results and the outcome of the 2016 elections we could easily have two 'election panics" in the next two years.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Heads up magpul, make a white pmag that way we can dye'em any color
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Heafs up magpul, make a white pmag that way we can dye'em any color
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#29]
They probably cant source the color or something.  The new color will be 'different' under a spectrometer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I like the stealt gray, I would make a whole rifle in that color or get my Ruc duracoated in it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:47:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Had trouble with FDE or tan or whatever color Gen 2, current MOE PMAGS in cold weather shattering.  Several failed during range sessions while being inserted into the rifle. Magpul reps visited our agency and offered to swap for black PMAGS which did not have the same problem, apparently caused by the dye.

A few months later, I was issued brand new Gen2's in FDE for a deployment to the sandbox.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#32]

I do recall at one point that someone from either Magpul or Cav Arms stated that black was the strongest color. Getting colored plastic to equal or at least approximate the strength of black plastic was always diflcult.  Also the production had to be a certain size to remain profitable. IIRC, when DSG offered  the orange PMAGs, they had to commit to a fixed amount of mags to get them produced. Magpul doesn`t want to sit on higher cost, slower selling inventory.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I do recall at one point that someone from either Magpul or Cav Arms stated that black was the strongest color. Getting colored plastic to equal or at least approximate the strength of black plastic was always diflcult.  Also the production had to be a certain size to remain profitable. IIRC, when DSG offered  the orange PMAGs, they had to commit to a fixed amount of mags to get them produced. Magpul doesn`t want to sit on higher cost, slower selling inventory.
View Quote

I don't really know anything about polymers and what-not but I did build a lot of scale models as a kid and I know there is a big difference in consistency between clear polystyrene and colored polystyrene. The clear stuff was brittle as heck while the colored stuff was very soft and easy to work with.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Love my orange window and non-window PMags from DSG.
View Quote

Magpul has announced in the Industry Forum that they killing off the colors at the end of the year.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#36]
All this means is an eventual announcement for colored M3 pmags.

There's no way in hell they will go to selling only black mags.  They're a company, and they like money.  Trust a guy who I likes money too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I personally liked the foliage green Pmags.
View Quote

Yup, I like FG.  Besides random Magpul items, I have several other things (bags, clothes) in FG.  Although, it's not very standardized, they are all slightly different from each other.

Anyway.  I'm looking forward to the stealth grey stuff.  Might have to snag a few more FG things before they poof.

(If indeed they do poof.)

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Peak FG Pmags.

Gonna have to grab a few just because.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#39]
God reading comprehension on this site...

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I went over to the Magpul Forum and copied this for you all to read

Read it careful and do not speculate

Please Read:

Quoted:

To clarify, sometime before the end of the year we will:
- Discontinue Foliage Green in ALL products.
- Discontinue all non-Black colors (FDE, FOL, ODG) in the MAG570/571 GEN M2 MOE PMAGs.  Basically, all of our magazines models will be available in Black only.

However, all those SKUs are still viable and in production at the moment to allow Consumers time to purchase what they need

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please Read:

Quoted:

- Discontinue all non-Black colors (FDE, FOL, ODG) in the MAG570/571 GEN M2 MOE PMAGs.  Basically, all of our magazines models will be available in Black only.

However, all those SKUs are still viable and in production at the moment to allow Consumers time to purchase what they need

That's how I read it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Shucks. Foliage is my favorite MagPul color : (
View Quote

Me too.  Very practical.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Glad I heard the news. I like to use the different color mag to designate the ammo in them (black 55g and brown 62g). I'll be grabbing some brown here before they go.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Exactly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

I agree......
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 5:30:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Please Read:

Quoted:

View Quote

I fail to see where it says that there will be colored Gen 3 pmags. All I see is that all of the magazine models will be available in black only...
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I fail to see where it says that there will be colored Gen 3 pmags. All I see is that all of the magazine models will be available in black only...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please Read:

Quoted:

Wishful thinking.

Link Posted: 5/7/2014 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#50]
all i want are some damn FDE 20 rnd pmags
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top