BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2008 7:46:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  They have looked cool for almost 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my tmag, I have posted a pic before, I am lucky and got a smoke one to play with, cant wait to get some more and expecially the clear ones
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes.  They have looked cool for almost 2 years.

+1000

Would be nice to actually own one.......................someday.
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This looks cool.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSGNmaXMbHI

Issue with the TMag is two fold.

1. Time required to put the TMag cavities in the mold and run production.
2. Cost of the transparant material we decided on using. It has doubled since running our intial samples.

We hope to revisit the TMag soon.

I got a L3 mag a windowed pmag and a non windowed pmag.

I go to the range sat.

The L3 is in dire need of a no tilt fallower.  Maybe one from Magpul
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I go to the range sat.

What is an L3 mag?
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Lancer L5 maybe?

I have a couple and really like 'em.
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I go to the range sat.

Why do you say that? Did you have any mag related problems resulting from the green follower?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2008 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I think Stickman has a few of those TMags he used for testing and has a few pics of them in his rifles (much to the dismay of us mere mortals that do not have them).

Am I right, Stick?
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lancer L5 maybe?

I have a couple and really like 'em.

Oh, if he meant Lancer L5s, Magpul followers won't fit them at all.  The internal dimensions are different.  At least that's what I read online.
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We hope to revisit the TMag soon.

I think we've all read the many posts from people supposedly 'in the know' that the smoked and clear mags will be available 'very soon' or 'any time now' .
I guess not.
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I go to the range sat.

Why do you say that? Did you have any mag related problems resulting from the green follower?  

Didn't you know green followers are passe.  In 2003 they were the cure for everything, now they will get you killed!  Go figure....
Link Posted: 8/30/2008 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't you know green followers are passe.  In 2003 they were the cure for everything, now they will get you killed!  Go figure....

Troll.  Try adding something to the conversation for a change.  Who do you work for again?

Oh come on.  Can't you take it?  You have been repeating the same blather over and over.  I certainly have no financial intrest in any of this stuff like you do.  Dealers and manufacturers have been running this board long enough.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#16]
... Anyway, Drake; is it official that Tmag's are on the back burner now and will not be coming to market in any form in the near future?
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
... Anyway, Drake; is it official that Tmag's are on the back burner now and will not be coming to market in any form in the near future?

That is correct.

In my opinion,  a window mag satisfies the round count issue.  Clear stuff looks cool but IMO is not as durable.

That makes me sad.

Even if it cost 2x what a PMAG does and isnt as durable, I would still buy a couple.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That makes me sad.
Even if it cost 2x what a PMAG does and isnt as durable, I would still buy a couple.  

What he said.
We know it's not as durable, it's already been said here many times.
There will still be a demand!
I think we all realize that it is to be used as a training/range mag only. That's just fine.
Needs to be put back on the front burner!
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Really?  I have a see-through smoke-colored Promag AK47 magazine that I think is silly-looking.  It works great, but it looks lame like a toy part.

I really thought Magpul saying they were putting this on the back burner was a good idea.  The PMAGs look cool, and the ones with windows are cool too, but clear?  Really?  To each his own, however.  I just didn't think there'd be a big demand.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#21]
MSAR has had good luck with their semi-clear AUG clone mags made of DuPont Radel.  Is it because the AUG offers more real estate for thicker feed lips that they are able to get away with this where the TMag in an AR platform isn't?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top