BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/6/2007 11:36:38 PM EDT
Was wondering if anybody has had the chance to examine or even use one of Cammenga's new "Easymags" and if they are worth buying.

All replies on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, if you havn't heard of them, then you can check them out at there web site at
cammenga.com/cammenga-products.php?category=5
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
never heard of them until now.  It seems like a pretty neat idea, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  It just seems like this would be adding another variable into the mix in terms of parts failure, and since the magazine is usually the weakest point in any system anyways, I don't really see the point.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 1:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
waste o' money, imho. Lula works fine for me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
At $50 each, I can't see the AR-15 community having the slightest interest whatsoever in them.  And that's assuming they aren't total junk.  Quadrupling the number of parts (guess) can't be good for reliability.

Seriously, is anyone interested in a $50 mag, when that same money could buy you 4 mags and a loader?
Link Posted: 5/20/2007 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm still suprised that Nobody has had the chance to use one.  If you have, then I would like to know about how it performed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2007 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#6]
You might want to IM MartyW, he played with them at shot for the 458, personally loading 458 I prefer regular mags with magpul followers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2007 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a few on order- they are just shipping this week.
Link Posted: 5/21/2007 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#8]
They didn't run it over with a pickup truck.  Pretty cool idea.  People buy all kinds of frivilous nonsensical stuff especially magazines and magazine components.  I predict they will sell many.
Link Posted: 6/8/2007 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/8/2007 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It seems like a pretty neat idea, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  

This is ARFCOM, the magazine forum.....The wheel is reinvented here on a weekly basis.
Link Posted: 6/8/2007 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#11]
why do another 30 rounder?  with the lack of a cheap reliable 40 rounder, why not apply the technology there?

the bench shooters will always prefer there 20s, the 30s work great, but a 40 would a big seller.
Link Posted: 6/9/2007 2:02:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Do people really have that much trouble loading an M-16 mag?  I mean seriously?

I bought a LULA quite a while ago, and it is somewhere in a box collecting dust- i tired it a few times and just came to the conclusion it was easier to load by hand, only took about 15 seconds extra per mag.

Link Posted: 6/9/2007 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
We sell these for $39.95.  IMO, everybody who shoots an AR would want a handful of these for the range.  They work very very well and the locals who have seen them have really liked them.  Just like anything new, it may take a while for the AR community to like it but I can endorse these without any issue.  

I agree. I won't be using something like this for SHTF. But I probably will get 1 or 2 just to be my main range mags for plinking.
Link Posted: 6/9/2007 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:

I bought a LULA quite a while ago, and it is somewhere in a box collecting dust- i tired it a few times and just came to the conclusion it was easier to load by hand, only took about 15 seconds extra per mag.

Yeah, I don't get it.  I use an "easyloader" to spare my delicate thumbs, but it doesn't exactly save any time.  Orienting and loading the rounds in the loader takes about exactly the same amount of time that orienting and loading the rounds in a magazine does.

I don't see the fascination in something this overcomplicated and expensive for a trivial task.  but then I buy all kinds of shit with no real use because "it's cool", so I guess I shouldn't judge.
Link Posted: 6/9/2007 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one and it has trouble feeding the first 8-10 rnds if its fully loaded, after that it is fine.  And yes that is in more than one gun.
I emailed Cammenga on Fri. evening, so next week I should find out what they want me to do with it.

wg
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody have any more personal experiences with these mags?  Stripper clips work just fine for myself, but I'd like to see how they fair with time.

Call me cheap, but I don't wanna waste 40 bucks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

M16 gas are easy to load. But if your loading or reloading 15-20 or more at a time. Or at  a machine gun shoot where you could also be reloading other mags as well, say M3 grease gun and sten mags. then it helps to prevent "mag sore thumbs". So yes a good loader has it's place in my experience.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#18]
A buddy showed me one Tuesday.  Pretty stiff to get it to open up.  He was having to bang it on the bench.  He figured eventually he'd screw up the feed lips.

But it seemed to work ok.  The extra folds for the sliding side seemed to add some stiffness, and weight.  Haven't checked but felt like almost twice as heavy.  But the mag catch slot and the rest of it looked very well constructed.  With out the gimick looked like a very nice mag.  With the gimmick?  Don't know.  Maybe worth owning one for novelties sake, to go with the rest of the stash.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I have three of them and they are OK.  I still am not sure of any real "need" for them and for my purposes they are just part of my collection of magazines.  A Lula loader makes loading just as quick if not quicker than dropping in loose rounds from the front and the EasyMag is not all that easy, at least to me, unless you are loading up a full load.  If you are only dropping in 10 rounds in a 30 mag then it can get squirrelly.
Nice to have but I don't think I Need more than 3.
By the way, they do become easier to slide over time but they sure as hell are not going to pop open accidentally.
Link Posted: 9/9/2007 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
IMO, everybody who shoots an AR would want a handful of these for the range.

Best mags I've found for the range are the old straight 20 rounders.  Easy to load, short enough that they don't interfere with bench or prone shooting and are very reliable.  I picked up 10 used 20 rounders at the gun show for not much more than what one of the Easymags cost.  Probably only takes 10-15 minutes to load those 10 mags the night before I go to the range.  

I can build a new upper for what 10 Easymags cost.  The time savings isn't worth the cost, at least not to me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2007 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I have one on T&E right now neat idea yes, practical no idea, easy to clean yes,

more to follow
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#22]
If loadng mags is really that much of a bother, two things.  

You are either a puss and should take up a new hobby, or you are rich enough to burn tons of ammo and should just hire a mag boy to load magazines for you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Ok about 400 rounds down range neat features easy cleaning am i sold yet No does it run yes.... kind of stiff to use if you have hand  or weakness issues then forget it  i do know this a single round can be launched and  land almost 20 yards away.

Link Posted: 9/18/2007 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I fiddlefucked around with one at the Specops west trade show alittle while back and was completely unimpressed.

I'm sure not wasting my money on these.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#25]
There's a new torture testing video of the Easymag on cammenga's web site.  EASYMAG TORTURE TEST 1  
Shows it being loaded in 24 seconds.  The shotgun test is quite impressive too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Just get a Lula.  The whole easy mag idea is a good example of marketing with too much time on their hands.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
There's a new torture testing video of the Easymag on cammenga's web site.  EASYMAG TORTURE TEST 1  

wow.

This video is even MORE of an exercise in mental masturbation then the Magpul P-mag video.

Don't get me wrong, I love my P-mags and I highly respect the Magpul company, but how often are we going to be driving over our mags and spinning out tires on them, etc.?

Never, that's when.

So cammenga wants us to be impressed that they can take video of them loading up their mags with sand and shooting them, without even trying the same with other mags right next to it as a comparison, they make the magazine out of heavy duty steel so it weights 5 times more then a regular magazine as well as costs 5 times more so now it's magically bullet proof.........yawn.

Then they drag it behind an atv and expect us to be impressed.  well fuck-a-doodle-doo.

Even though I consider it mental masturbation, i'll be impressed if the easy-mags prove they can survive the following.

Hello, P-mag, meet Armored Suburban.....

Oh teh noes!!  teh spine brokeded!

But it still works.....

And continued to work.....

Photo's and story courtesy of KevinB.  He is the guy who decided to REALLY test the P-mag by driving over it with an ARMORED Suburban, and then actually shoot the shit out of it afterwards.  

Basically, what this means is the following:  Why pay 4 times the money for a magazine that dosn't do anything more then a plastic magazine that weighs 3 times less, and can probably put up with 2 times the abuse?

Link Posted: 9/27/2007 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#28]
When you can buy USGI mags for what-$10, you need a gimmick to make the $45 mag you are selling appear to be a better mouse trap.  I think most of these videos are nonsense but they will no doubt sell magazines  Some people are convinced they need a magazine that will withstand a nuclear blast or they will die from magazine malfunctions.  This is exactly why Gillette can sell a razor blade with 5 blades for $4 a pop and people buy them by the millions.

By the way, I'd like to see if a Pmag could withstand that shotgun blast
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That crazy link lead locked up my computer!!!

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I think many of you may be missing the point.  The EZ mag isn't designed to replace all your mags.  For me, I always take one shooting as I hate loading mags the old fashion way.  I also think the Lula is a great idea but sometimes I forget to take it with me and I've crushed casings as I was loading 1 too many.  

There is a generalized fear amonst the AR15 users that a single magazine malfunction will cause their instant death.  The video should show various things being poked and shoved into the magazine such as a pencil and a ruler (maybe add a red hot poker) or maybe a small furry rodent as this seems to put their collective minds at ease that the magazine is "anti-jam".
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That there was a very impressive torture test video.  I would love to have  an .50 cal ammo can filled with those if only they cost about half the price.

ETA:  I don't see why people are getting all freaked out about this product.  I don't think it's intended to replace traditional mags, but rather, it makes a great option for using at the range.  Comparing it to the P-mag or others is apples to oranges.  Unless you are in the military fighting overseas, you have a greater chance of winning the lottery 5 times consecutively than being in a defensive situation where your mag is going to get run over by an armored SUV.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
 Unless you are in the military fighting overseas, you have a greater chance of winning the lottery 5 times consecutively than being in a defensive situation where your mag is going to get run over by an armored SUV.

Even if you are in the military overseaes that is quite unlikely to happen.  It is also quite unlikely that a pencil or ruler will be shoved into your magazine.  It is also extremly unlikely that a magazine malfunction will cause someone to get killed.  Too many people on this site have very over active imaginations.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, you guys are all right!  But, it is nice to know WHAT IF?  Leave no route unexplored!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#35]
The torture tests do seem to show that the magazines are capable of surviving through another magazine ban.  Who wants a disposable magazine when replacements are illegal to manufacture?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#36]
1. Another ban probably won't happen, but I guess you never know.
2. I have 20 rounders from the 60s that still work fine with the original components.  They might be disposable but they sure last a long, long time.  The military still has millions of them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#38]
How about a steel cage grudge death match?  PMag vs. EasyMag.  Pound them into each other until one of them breaks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

There is a generalized fear amonst the AR15 users that a single magazine malfunction will cause their instant death.  The video should show various things being poked and shoved into the magazine such as a pencil and a ruler (maybe add a red hot poker) or maybe a small furry rodent as this seems to put their collective minds at ease that the magazine is "anti-jam".

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about a steel cage grudge death match?  PMag vs. EasyMag.  Pound them into each other until one of them breaks.

That would be silly.  I'd rather see a ruler and a rodent in a cage fight. Dipity doowa, you're not funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was totally serious.  Both are vying for the title of being the toughest mag out there, the only way to tell is a head to head competition.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You better watch out Kurt! Your common sense logic, realistic arguments, points, and intelligent reasonings in these mag/follower/spring threads are making too much sense! Don't you know that good standard Aluminum GI mags with SS springs and green followers suck!? No AR owner in their right mind would trust their lives to these!?

Right, and most ARFcom members lives are in danger on a day to day basis and if there is a single malfunction they're dead
Link Posted: 10/13/2007 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#42]
They are made in my hometown.  I have one.  I can't see the use beyond plinking.  You can not load less than the 30 rounds to use the "easy" part of it.  

It is a neat idea, that expands on AR15 products, so I am happy that people are still working to improve something.  But, I really don't see a need for this product.  USGI mags are plentiful and work fine.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2007 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes, but there is probably not much money in selling standard USGI mags.  If you can convince people they need 1. Mags that are more reliable, or: 2. Mags that are more durable, now even :3. Mags that are easier to load you might have built that better mousetrap.
Link Posted: 10/14/2007 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Yes, but there is probably not much money in selling standard USGI mags.  If you can convince people they need 1. Mags that are more reliable, or: 2. Mags that are more durable, now even :3. Mags that are easier to load you might have built that better mousetrap.

+1
Link Posted: 10/14/2007 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#45]
I have 26 usgi aluminum 30 rounders.  I still have the green followers in them, and 2 of them have the black followers.  My mag stash is about 30 seconds from blowing up because of jams.  I better go buy someone elses product that costs $30 more because it has more moving parts and is "anti-jam."  If I had jam problems, I would seriously start thinking about making toast.
Link Posted: 10/14/2007 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I still have the green followers in them, and 2 of them have the black followers.

Green followers are soooooo 2003
Link Posted: 10/27/2007 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I just got back from front sight two weekends ago.  I took the 4-day M-16 course.  There were 4 of us each had his own way to load mags.  One guy used stripper clips and a flip mag loader, another guys just did it the old fashon way.  I had Cammenga mags with me.  At the end of 4 days everyone else was complaining how their hands hurt from loading.  Mine didn't.  I think the Cammenga mags are faster, and they certainly are easier to load.
As, to compairing them to a plastic mag.  No way. above the plastic mag was run over and broke.  It still may work (for a time), but it broke!  Cammengas didn't.  I can see if someone just wants to do a little shooting, it wouldn't matter which mag you used.  If someone does a lot of shooting, these mags make it easier.  One gets to spend time shooting, not sticking bullets in mags.  Just an opinion.
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I just got back from front sight two weekends ago.  I took the 4-day M-16 course.  There were 4 of us each had his own way to load mags.  One guy used stripper clips and a flip mag loader, another guys just did it the old fashon way.  I had Cammenga mags with me.  At the end of 4 days everyone else was complaining how their hands hurt from loading.  Mine didn't.  I think the Cammenga mags are faster, and they certainly are easier to load.
As, to compairing them to a plastic mag.  No way. above the plastic mag was run over and broke.  It still may work (for a time), but it broke!  Cammengas didn't.  I can see if someone just wants to do a little shooting, it wouldn't matter which mag you used.  If someone does a lot of shooting, these mags make it easier.  One gets to spend time shooting, not sticking bullets in mags.  Just an opinion.

You joined this site to post in this thread?

I smell the manufacturer playing ghost rider. I've seen this more than once on this site.........
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#49]
The had a booth setup @ Knob Creek a couple of weeks ago & I played with one there.

Apparently you can't load less than 30 rounds in the thing.

I put about 10 rounds in it & closed it (you hve to use some force) and it shot about 1/2 of the rounds out of the mag about 15-20 ft away into another vendor's booth and beamed another vendor in the back of the head. He got POed at me & then got into it with guy displaying them. I got the impression it wasn't the first time it happened there.

Hey, if your gun malfunctions, you can shoot them with the mag!
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#50]

height=8
You joined this site to post in this thread?hinking.gif

I smell the manufacturer playing ghost rider. I've seen this more than once on this site.........

No, I never heard of this sight till I went to front sight.  Then I saw this thread on Cammengas, and had just used them, so i put my two cents in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top