Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:09:48 PM EDT
I maybe getting some more mags soon.  I have been buying D&H mags, but with the recent praise of CP mags, I am now considering getting some of these.  So is one better than the other or should I just consider them equal and buy on price.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
44mag.com no longer has the 8.99 CP mags. They are available directly from CP for 10.50 plus shipping.
I just did a price comparison for purchasing three mags.
Three CP mags shipped from CP was $42.15.
Three D&H teflon mags shipped from 44mag.com was $37.92.
In each case I used the cheapest shipping method offered.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#2]
CPs are cheaper if you buy in bulk.

Can't comment on the quality as I haven't tested them yet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to disagree with Gary but a true comparison is as follows:
3 mags from 44 shipped via UPS to IL is $8.61 freight.
3 mags from CP shipped via UPS to IL is $8.02 freight. This can be calculated on our site.
US mail is another option and cheaper but we at CP do not use that option. DHL is another option we are considering.
I do not like to do this kind of comparison, but since it has started it should be fair and accurate.

CP
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
3 mags from CP shipped via UPS to IL is $8.02 freight. This can be calculated on our site.
US mail is another option and cheaper but we at CP do not use that option. DHL is another option we are considering.
I do not like to do this kind of comparison, but since it has started it should be fair and accurate.

CP

Larry,

Can the shipping be calculated without logging on or putting in shipping information? Is there a way to calculate by adding to cart and putting in a zip code. BTY, I do prefer UPS shipping as I can track the package progress.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I would trust D&H mags over CP any day of the week.  D&H, General Stamping, Labelle has been stamping out mags for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Maxx,

Here's CP's website: www.cproductsllc.com/.

Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
y
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#9]
never used CP mags before, i got a pile of D&H mags myself.  I would imagine CP is fine though, as they are USGI rated.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
awaiting my CP replacements. first four were tight.no comment until the newest generation mags are recieved
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

CP

Since we are being fair and accurate:
When I checked yesterday morning the shipping was $10.65.
When I checked just now the shipping was $8.15.
Thanks for lowering the shipping.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd rather have Center or Okay/NHMTG mags over D&H or CP.

Just IMO.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn. I forgot to add NHMTG to the poll.

Quoted:
I'd rather have Center or Okay/NHMTG mags over D&H or CP.

Just IMO.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Are D&H, CP and NHMTG are considered U.S.G.I. ???

TS
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

TS

D&H are USGI bodies, but have a non USGI teflon finish (better anyway) and the follower is made of a little different material (never been a problem though).  NHMTG are USGI.  USGI body, follower, and dry lube finish.  CP claims be getting a government contract (maybe USGI then?), and be the makers of the Brownells mags, but I have seen some reviews (with pictures) on here of the CP mags, and they still have some issues.  I would stick with D&H, Center, NHTMG, Bushmaster, etc. for mags.  I am still not sold on the CP mags yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

D&H are USGI bodies, but have a non USGI teflon finish (better anyway) and the follower is made of a little different material (never been a problem though).  NHMTG are USGI.  USGI body, follower, and dry lube finish.  CP claims be getting a government contract (maybe USGI then?), and be the makers of the Brownells mags, but I have seen some reviews (with pictures) on here of the CP mags, and they still have some issues.  I would stick with D&H, Center, NHTMG, Bushmaster, etc. for mags.  I am still not sold on the CP mags yet.

\

I have twenty-plus NHMTG USGI mags and a few over ten D&H teflon mags.  I was curious as to whether the D&H mags were considered USGI-spec.  I have yet to test my D&H mags though.  Thanks for the info!

TS
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

\

I have twenty-plus NHMTG USGI mags and a few over ten D&H teflon mags.  I was curious as to whether the D&H mags were considered USGI-spec.  I have yet to test my D&H mags though.  Thanks for the info!

TS

Yeah, for all intents and purposes, D&H are USGI spec.  They also make dry lube finish mags as well as the teflon coated.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I have never seen a D&H that was not tefloned.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
CP

If you really want to be fair, become a partner before selling your wares herein.

44MAG_COM supports the site financially, as you should too if you want to sell here.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I am selling nothing and just asking.  I plan on tryin some CP mags, hence my question...

TS
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=289
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=289

Well shit what ya know .
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top