Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:08:17 AM EDT
ATI is introducing a new line of imported 5.56 and 7.62 NATO ammunition

ATI ammo

supposed to be 'value priced'

what do you think? Interested in trying it?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

supposed to be 'value priced'...

Well? What's the "value price"?

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Its going to have to be very inexpensive to chance using "made in Turkiye" ammo.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
supposed to be 'value priced'...

Well? What's the "value price"?

Yeah.  What the heck?

The US Distributer's website is TERRIBLE ... no pricing http://www.americantactical.us/at_ammo.html gotta call to find out how much the 33 30-rd boxes (990 rounds per case) is gonna be.

SKU# ATIAMKE55645      NEW MFG BRASS AMMO 5.56X45 62GR SS-109 FMJ
                                               33-30RD BX, 990 RD/CASE

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The ammunition you are looking at was manufactured by American Tactical, the very same brand that design the popular selling rifle, the GSG-5. This ammo features all new brass, military spec primers, and an excellent 643 grain steel core bullet ensuring that each shot gets there in a hurry and accurately.
The rounds are sold in boxes of 30 for $19.99 bringing your cost to only .66 cents per round for this NATO grade ammunition.  

This won't last long so place your order today!

At that price, No thanks....LINK

However, I am VERY interested in a 643 grain 5.56 bullet.  Must be made from unobtanium.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ammunition you are looking at was manufactured by American Tactical, the very same brand that design the popular selling rifle, the GSG-5. This ammo features all new brass, military spec primers, and an excellent 643 grain steel core bullet ensuring that each shot gets there in a hurry and accurately.
The rounds are sold in boxes of 30 for $19.99 bringing your cost to only .66 cents per round for this NATO grade ammunition.  

What a bunch of turkeys
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Value priced my sack.

The stuff is way more expensive that it should be. I've seen the .308 around and it's just as expensive as domestic ammo, sometimes more expensive. That's not going to work out well for them. IMO, it would have to be about $.10-.20 cheaper then domestic made stuff.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#7]
$0.50 a round here for 5.56mm.

Meh, think i'll just keep buying PPU at Academy Sports for $0.50 a round.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]
too bad its not value priced
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#9]
They tried to get the shop I work with to start buying this in qty. When I heard the price we would pay for it , we all said forget it.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Tell  them to bring us some more Turk 8mm for 4 cents a round like the good old days.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#11]
This stuff has been available for a couple months.  What's with the whole news alert?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
30 Round boxes $15.00 a box and it is VERY good ammo - available at  TDS
And yeah its been out for a while...........
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw some of this available at my local pawn shop for $.40 per round. I decided to pass just because of the strange spelling of turkey, and not know anything about the company but I may give it a try if they have some the next time I stop in. However, I don't think it is value priced at all.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
30 Round boxes $15.00 a box and it is VERY good ammo - available at  TDS
And yeah its been out for a while...........

Please explain in more detail about how VERY good it is
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Old news. Been out for a couple of months now. I've shot both the 5.56 and 7.62, its alright, but its not cheap by any means.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I have seen the 30 rd boxes of 5.56mm at a local shop for $19.

I'll pass.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I would be interested, if the pricing was closer to $0.35  per round.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I shot a couple of boxes ( 3 to be exact), it produced average accuracy ( same as AE or PRIVI)...went bang every time, of course it was only 90 rounds...but at 500.00 per K...meh.. I will hold out for more Federal or Pirvi...
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Correction : the ATI 7.62x51 Nato rounds from TDS are packed 20 per box at $15.00 ( 75 cents per round) Too rich for me I'll pass.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#20]
+1

...as my dear old Pap would say: "Way too rich for this poor man's blood!"

.66/per for 5.56=Lawdy!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Why would I pay that much for Turkish ammo, when I can get good US Ammo for less?  I just don't get that shit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#24]
$16.95 a box of 30  here in CT.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw some of this available at my local pawn shop for $.40 per round. I decided to pass just because of the strange spelling of turkey, and not know anything about the company but I may give it a try if they have some the next time I stop in. However, I don't think it is value priced at all.

You passed on it because of how they spelled Turkey?  Just an FYI almost every foreign country spells their country's name differently than we spell it.  We (English speakers) change the spelling to make it easier to say or write.

Examples:

Sweden = Sverige
Norway = Norge
Germany = Deutschland
Russia = Россия
Denmark = Danmark
Greece = Hellas (Ελλάδα)
Turkey = Türkiye

damn, you beat me to it.  what world do you guys live in where everyone speaks English?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You passed on it because of how they spelled Turkey?  Just an FYI almost every foreign country spells their country's name differently than we spell it.  We (English speakers) change the spelling to make it easier to say or write.

Examples:

Sweden = Sverige
Norway = Norge
Germany = Deutschland
Russia = Россия
Denmark = Danmark
Greece = Hellas (Ελλάδα)
Turkey = Türkiye

damn, you beat me to it.  what world do you guys live in where everyone speaks English?

More aptly put: what country where half barely speak English...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#27]
When it's $10 per 30rd box, I'll try some.

Until then, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I bought a box to try. Looking at them,there appears to be no crimp at the bullet cannelure. The annealing looks good,I will say that. Bullet seating depth appears to be pretty inconsistant as well. They have a green sealant at the primer,and the primer is held in with 3 little prongs instead of an all round crimp. I did shoot it all and all went bang,BUT I would not buy anymore,simply because of the inconsistencies with it and no crimp at the bullet. Oh,and cost too much for what it is and observations made. If there is a crimp,I couldn't tell.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#29]
You guys forgetting that Turkey is a memo of NATO?   I'm sure they know how to make decent 5.56 NATO.  If Serbia (Privi) can make good ammo, I'm sure Turkey can.

I agree though that if the price is the same, as it appears to be, I go for USA made ammo or something with a proven track record (Privi).

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:35:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
When it's $10 per 30rd box, I'll try some.

Until then, I'll pass.

Exactly.  I'm not paying Q3131 prices for ammo I don't know anything about.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You guys forgetting that Turkey is a memo of NATO?   I'm sure they know how to make decent 5.56 NATO.  If Serbia (Privi) can make good ammo, I'm sure Turkey can.

I agree though that if the price is the same, as it appears to be, I go for USA made ammo or something with a proven track record (Privi).

The issue is "is it proven ammo or not".The guys who import it started a thread about it a while back. They never went into specifics about it. What type of powder,any tar sealant?There are many things,I've seen NATO ammo destroy rifles, No reviews exist so far,so until then..I'll pass
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Ammoman is also selling it.
I won't buy it at that price. $300-$350 a case would interest me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a bunch of turkeys

BIG_PAPA doens't know what he's talking about.  ATI or American Tactical Imports DID NOT Design the GSG-5 .22 MP5 Rifle, They DID NOT Manufacture it.  They are a Distributer based in New York and they Distribute other people's manufactured shit.  They are a freakin Reseller for all practical purposes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I shot quite a bit of it at a free Front Sight class last week. It ran fine, didn't seem underpowered, and was accurate enough to plink a steel torso at 400 with my SBR. It sure as hell wasn't value priced for what the pro shop sold it at, but it seemed pretty decent to me. I'd buy it at a good price.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I shot a box of it, I was happy with it, I'll buy it again.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Sure is better than the crappy Federal XM193 ammo I have been getting .... (which looks like reloads but is supposed to be NIB)

The case I got of the MKE (imported by ATI) from ammoman  had the spec sheet in it.  It looks excellent to me.  I have Privi M885 and it is about the same as the MKE.  The MKE does not have the green tip paint that is gooped on and makes them spin funny.  Getting a Certificate of compliance with my case which was $459 delivered (it went up) was well worth it.   I read the cert and liked the #'s I saw.  Federal XM193 is $480 a case and looks like dog poop.  It has uneven primers dents scratches and crazy run out. The Greek ammo  looks very consistent is clean and does not look like it is using once fired brass.  Not that I am accusing Federal of using once fired brass but is sure looks like it to me..  The 3 prong "staking " of the primers is just different.  It is very common in 7.62 NATO ball.

Yes, it does not have a heavy crimp and the seating depth is varied but no more so than the Federal or the Privi I have been getting in the last year.  It is getting less than one MOA.  I'm sold till we can get some better pricing.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2009 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Update....

Velocity 2995 SD = 10.4 fps

Accuracy= .59" at 100 meters (109 yrds)  90 shots in group.  That's almost 1/2 the spec!

I'm SOLD.  I wish the price would go down..   But I like the ammo for sure.
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I couldn't find a review thread, so I am posting my info here.
I just tried out some of the ATI ammo in both .308 and 5.56.  I didn't have any issues with the .308, (I only fired 20 rounds though), and I was getting the same accuracy at 100 yds. that I had with Winchester Q3130.  This was through my SA "Loaded" M1A.
The 5.56 62 gr. was another story.  Rifle used was a Spikes lower/Stag upper w/DPMS 16" barrel, Young Mfg. chrome bolt/carrier.
I brought about 90 rounds to the range on my first trip, and gave up after the first 20.  I kept having casings stuck in the chamber and another round trying to be fed, which was also getting jammed into the chamber and deforming/chewing up the bullet.  On the same range trip I had a few mags of Federal XM193 which I had zero malfunctions with, along with a couple mags of PMP 55 gr. which also had zero malfunctions.
I thought that maybe if I replaced my extractor spring I might get a better grab on those cases and not have the issue w/the cases getting stuck.  I had a spare so I gave that a try.  After replacing the extractor spring, I fired two 20 round mags of the ATI with no issues at all.  At that point, I figured my problems were solved.  I loaded a third magazine and the first round got jammed in the chamber with a second round close behind.  I tried a few times, but after having to keep on tapping out the shells w/a cleaning rod, it got old quick.
I did manage to get two rounds off through a chrony a guy had set up, and they clocked at 3,058 & 3010.  I didn't have the patience to keep trying w/all the jamming.
I also shot more of the Federal XM193 and 90 rounds of the PMP with zero malfunctions.  I can't say that this issue isn't somehow due to my rifle, but I can't find any reason why it would be.  The rifle was clean and well lubed on both attempts, and on the second range trip I broke the rifle down and cleaned the bolt, carrier and chamber completely, relubed and had identical results.  
One other thing I noticed was the the primers were falling out of the empty shells, sometimes while being ejected and sometimes when they hit the ground.  If your rifle will shoot it, go nuts...but I am all set with this stuff for now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I've shot a few boxes of it... worked well, no problems.  It was more accurate than  stuff I normally shoot.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because it is made in a NATO country does not mean anything at all.   My wife come from a family of great cooks, but serves me cold hotdogs and Rice Crispies.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it is made in a NATO country does not mean anything at all.   My wife come from a family of great cooks, but serves me cold hotdogs and Rice Crispies.

O so true.
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I am experiencing the same FTE and stuck case problems when using ATI SS109 ammo.  I, too, thought it was my extractor.  Added a #60 O-Ring to beef it up, still having problems with ATI.  I can shoot Bear and Wolf all day with few problems but this Turkish stuff gets stuck in my chamber, tries to feed another round and ends up being chewed up and deformed.  Have to bang the stuck cases out with a cleaning rod.  

Anyone have any great ideas about this stuff?  I looked at the rim of the shell casing and saw that my extractor had bitten into it, the thing just didn't come out.

Soft brass maybe?

ETA:  My rifle was clean enough you could eat off of it.  I had not been shooting steel cased ammo that day.
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Accuracy= .59" at 100 meters (109 yrds)  90 shots in group.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2009 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Interesting.  The other review had a couple doublefeeds as well, but figured it was due to shooting some steel cased ammo first.  Glad I've been too lazy to get around to ordering a case like I was planning on.

Here's the other review thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=466632
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

need pics. lots of pics.
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Examples:

Sweden = Sverige

Norway = Norge

Germany = Deutschland

Russia = Россия

Denmark = Danmark

Greece = Hellas (Ελλάδα)

Turkey = Türkiye

America, because we are on the top.

Link Posted: 11/29/2009 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

need pics. lots of pics.

. . . and blow, lots of blow.  (Maybe some hookers too!)
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just tried out some of the ATI ammo in both .308 and 5.56.  I didn't have any issues with the .308, (I only fired 20 rounds though), and I was getting the same accuracy at 100 yds. that I had with Winchester Q3130.  This was through my SA "Loaded" M1A.
The 5.56 62 gr. was another story.  Rifle used was a Spikes lower/Stag upper w/DPMS 16" barrel, Young Mfg. chrome bolt/carrier.
I brought about 90 rounds to the range on my first trip, and gave up after the first 20.  I kept having casings stuck in the chamber and another round trying to be fed, which was also getting jammed into the chamber and deforming/chewing up the bullet.  On the same range trip I had a few mags of Federal XM193 which I had zero malfunctions with, along with a couple mags of PMP 55 gr. which also had zero malfunctions.
I thought that maybe if I replaced my extractor spring I might get a better grab on those cases and not have the issue w/the cases getting stuck.  I had a spare so I gave that a try.  After replacing the extractor spring, I fired two 20 round mags of the ATI with no issues at all.  At that point, I figured my problems were solved.  I loaded a third magazine and the first round got jammed in the chamber with a second round close behind.  I tried a few times, but after having to keep on tapping out the shells w/a cleaning rod, it got old quick.
I did manage to get two rounds off through a chrony a guy had set up, and they clocked at 3,058 & 3010.  I didn't have the patience to keep trying w/all the jamming.
I also shot more of the Federal XM193 and 90 rounds of the PMP with zero malfunctions.  I can't say that this issue isn't somehow due to my rifle, but I can't find any reason why it would be.  The rifle was clean and well lubed on both attempts, and on the second range trip I broke the rifle down and cleaned the bolt, carrier and chamber completely, relubed and had identical results.  
One other thing I noticed was the the primers were falling out of the empty shells, sometimes while being ejected and sometimes when they hit the ground.  If your rifle will shoot it, go nuts...but I am all set with this stuff for now.

As said before, and shown in my review thread, i had two double feeds but were instantly solved with a quick shot of CLP, it was definetly caused by me shooting steel cased first, since ithe week after i again tried the ammo in the same gun, but before i shot steel cased and i didnt have a single problem.

But this is the MOST accurate ammo i own.

I think the other guy either meant 10 or 9 rounds in his group, because I was using my single stage trigger for the first time and i managed to get a 4 shot group of 5/8" And i honestly suck at getting good groups.

Now none of my cases had any signs of loose primers, as they are crimped in pretty good on mine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2009 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As said before, and shown in my review thread, i had two double feeds but were instantly solved with a quick shot of CLP, it was definetly caused by me shooting steel cased first, since ithe week after i again tried the ammo in the same gun, but before i shot steel cased and i didnt have a single problem.

But this is the MOST accurate ammo i own.
I think the other guy either meant 10 or 9 rounds in his group, because I was using my single stage trigger for the first time and i managed to get a 4 shot group of 5/8" And i honestly suck at getting good groups.

Now none of my cases had any signs of loose primers, as they are crimped in pretty good on mine.

Seriously???

A.You don't shoot much

B.You obviously don't reload for your AR,and by your own admission you don't buy much ammunition for your AR either (brand wise).

I shot 90 rounds of the stuff and got average m193 accuracy with it at 100 yds...I used my Colt M4 style with 16 inch 1/7 twist, Aimpoint sight with no magnification. Absolutely nothing to write home about.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top