Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2007 2:07:27 PM EDT
There is a coupon for "Buy One, Get One Half Off" in the weekly Dick's circular.  This is good for up to a six box maximum (total).  With the 200 round value packs (currently selling for $70), this allows a person to get 1200 rounds of ammo for about $315+ tax.  This was for UMC.  The other option is Wolf, but I didn't see a price, and I generally stick to UMC or Winny.  

Just a head's up.  Not the best price ever, but I was happy to add to the stash....

shooter
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There is a coupon for "Buy One, Get One Half Off" in the weekly Dick's circular.  This is good for up to a six box maximum (total).  With the 200 round value packs (currently selling for $70), this allows a person to get 1200 rounds of ammo for about $315+ tax.  This was for UMC.  The other option is Wolf, but I didn't see a price, and I generally stick to UMC or Winny.  

Just a head's up.  Not the best price ever, but I was happy to add to the stash....

shooter

I was thinking the same thing with the umc value packs, but online it doesn't show that circular; guess i have to pick up a sunday paper in the morning and rob 'em blind right after!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
No need to buy the Sunday paper for the circular:

click for coupon
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, unfortunately by the time i got there, only 3 boxes remained
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
WENT TODAY AND GOT FOUR MEGA PACKS FOR $224.66 OTD WITH COUPON.

How many in a Mega Pack?  200?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#5]

I picked up 400 rds for 113.38 OTD. Not a great deal but better than most.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up 400 total rounds (two mega packs).  I was contemplating whether to use the coupon on some handgun defensive loads or the .223 mega pack.  While doing so a person came in and picked up 6 mega pack boxes.  I asked him if he was using the coupon and if he needed a hand cart (joking of course but those boxes are big for just 200 rounds).  He said yes to the coupon and I grabbed to two remaining boxes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#7]
My Dick's store has the 50 round "Value pack " for 19.99.   - no 20 round boxes...Bass pro/Walmart have 20 round boxes for $6.80 here in Nashville TN.  So the 50 round value wasnt much a of value.  But I used the 50% off coupon and did a tiny bit better.  Bought 2 x 50 round boxes. - came out to $32.75 with Tax.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I got 6-130 rd packs of Ultramax 55gr softpoint for 214 bucks.. I suppose thats not too bad these days.

Going back tomorrow for more. Does anyone know if you can use another coupon on a different visit?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if you can use another coupon on a different visit?

The coupon states "1 coupon per customer". It also states "no reproductions".

I printed the coupon off the internet and used it today for 2 UMC mega packs. No problem using the reproduced coupon.

I plan on going back later this week after my local store gets another ammo delivery. I probably won't use my Dicks score card though for fear thier computer may refuse to take the 1/2 off coupon the second time around.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
cant get the coupon link to work for me. anyone else having issues with it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#11]
i take that back. got it to work.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I picked up some ammo this morning by using the coupon. The store clerk said the coupon wording was a mistake and should have only applied to the .22 Thunderbolt ammo shown in the image on the coupon. He said that Dick's would be implementing the change and be restricting the use of the coupon "soon".
Please post if you learn that Dick's is not allowing use of the coupon for "All Ammunition".

I just used one today to pick up some .204, .30/30 and .38, with no issues.  Yeah, they did have the .223 UMC 200rd packs for $70 but I passed it up as I have more than enough .223 for the shooting I do (I can't believe I said that but it's true ).
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I picked up 400 total rounds (two mega packs).  I was contemplating whether to use the coupon on some handgun defensive loads or the .223 mega pack.  While doing so a person came in and picked up 6 mega pack boxes.  I asked him if he was using the coupon and if he needed a hand cart (joking of course but those boxes are big for just 200 rounds).  He said yes to the coupon and I grabbed to two remaining boxes.

That was me
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was me

I should have known you were a fellow Arfcommer.  Pleased to meet ya...!  

ETA:  We need a handshake or something for easy identification.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I picked up some ammo this morning by using the coupon. The store clerk said the coupon wording was a mistake and should have only applied to the .22 Thunderbolt ammo shown in the image on the coupon. He said that Dick's would be implementing the change and be restricting the use of the coupon "soon".
Please post if you learn that Dick's is not allowing use of the coupon for "All Ammunition".

Same here.  Clerk did not want to take the ammo as she calimed it only applied to the box pictured. After consulting with the manager, she got the okay to ring the sale.  After she entered the wrong code, and consulting again with the manager, the ammo rang up with 50% off of all the ammunition.  After ringing the sale for the third time, she had to again consult with the manager to get him to okay the sale.  Walked out with 300 rnds of 9mm for 9 bucks. She only charged me for 2 boxes and took 50% off of those.  Best 20 minutes I ever spent at Dicks.  Thanks to Shooter for posting the info and to Demeroma for posting the coupon!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.  Clerk did not want to take the ammo as she calimed it only applied to the box pictured. After consulting with the manager, she got the okay to ring the sale.  After she entered the wrong code, and consulting again with the manager, the ammo rang up with 50% off of all the ammunition.  After ringing the sale for the third time, she had to again consult with the manager to get him to okay the sale.  Walked out with 300 rnds of 9mm for 9 bucks. She only charged me for 2 boxes and took 50% off of those.  Best 20 minutes I ever spent at Dicks.  Thanks to Shooter for posting the info and to Demeroma for posting the coupon!!!

Initially when they rang up mine they took 50% off the total. I guess the look of me trying to hide a huge grin gave it away that they made a very large mistake.

so close....but yeah, they tried to pull the same shit on me about it being only for .22 thunderbolt. I said, "It says ALL(!) Ammunition".
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the link.  I went about 8PM today to my Dick's and 4-50 round boxes of .223 UMC, and 2-50 round boxes of 40S&W.  Grand total was 84.59 out the door.  By the way, they gave me the sale price on the 40S&W (12.98).  The guy said it was supposed to apply to the regular price.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#19]
2 x 50 rd. UMC .45ACP 230gr. FMJ.  Got the discount off the sale price.  $19.50

4 x 50 rd. UMC .223 55gr. MC.  Price in the computer was higher than the shelf sticker so the nice cashier called back to confirm and gave me the shelf price.  Worked out to $57.00/200

Not a bad day's shopping for just $76.50 with no sales tax here in NH.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Open up a card and get $10 off also :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent...I am glad this find is working out for everyone.  I am going to try another store tomorrow to add to the stash....

The coupon is good for 2-3 more days, depending on where you are,

shooter
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#22]
(I'm up to 1200 rounds, when I go the wife goes and we've hit two different stores. I have a few days left and until they tell me no I'll keep buying.

BTW What happened to my earlier posts, about WW price matching??? Strange....)

I CALLED MY WW AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD ACCEPT DICKS COUPON. THEY ALSO PRICE MATCHED THE $5.98 PRICE THEY HAD. I GUESS I'M LUCKY TO HAVE A MANAGER AT MY WW THAT'S PRETTY COOL ABOUT THIS STUFF.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top