Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2004 2:04:03 PM EDT
Made a small order with this company last month for some Black Hills ammo.  Got a confirmation email.  Never heard from them again.  Emailed them, they don't email back.  Try to call their landline telephone.  Always busy....all day....since early a.m.  Call right now, 888-741-8259 I bet they are still "busy."  Are they out of business?  Doesn't matter, I cancel my order, I can instead walk into a Cabelas and walk out with the same ammo, no hassle.  Honestly I think it's pretty unfortunate that some vendors (like another one mentioned here quite frequently) don't try to protect themselves from such incidents to prevent a one-time bad experience that will probably lead to future negative comments.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
They are usually very good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I am always totally amazed at the number of people on this board that sing the praises of this company. I bought some stuff from them at the first Black Rifle meet, good products, fair price. Then I had the opportunity to order some stuff from them later. My experience is EXACTLY what a number of people here have experienced. Slow/no response to emails. I got the impression that they sell stuff that they do not have in stock and then leave the customer waiting..... Same goes for their selling the BH Nato spec ammo. I wonder how many people they actually told that they didn't/wouldn't have this stuff in stock for delivery. Crappy way to do business IMHO, they will get no more of my business.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 3:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me throw my hat into the ring too!!  Ordered back in mid-late June. Got roughly half my order. Balance was backordered. Called after a few weeks. Ammo to arrive soon...

After a month, tried to call again. Both phone numbers are ALWAYS busy.

Tried emails. Three different email addresses are no longer valid.

I have a new one to try-and will..

Not impressed with the way they do business.. And my bank card was charged for the ENTIRE order..

Something ain't right here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to do buisness with Tommy. Mainly because of the glowing reports about GP found on several arfcom forums. But NEVER AGAIN!!!

I ordered a LRPK and received it in good time, but there were two parts that were missing. One of them I didn't have in my parts stash. I needed this part to complete a build, so I was anxious to remedy this problem.

Same story as you guys above. Left an e-mail message, but no response. Tried and tried to phone, but it was always busy. Finally got through the next evening only to get a message machine. I left a polite message, but when it wasn't returned two days later I fired off a fax threatening to protest the charges on my credit card. That finally got an e-mail from Tommy, apologizing that he had some "family problems" and promising to send out the missing pieces IMMEDIATELY.

I responded that it would be OK, but maybe he could change the message on his machine to reflect his inability to respond immediately, and perhaps place a notice on his site asking for patience from his customers.

Five days later, AND STILL NO PARTS!! I fired off a threatening e-mail early that AM, and Tommy replied that he already sent the part. The part arrived three days later (Priority Mail) stamped the same day that he sent his reply. I had already got the parts from Brownells in three days via their economy shipping.

In my case, I got no results from GP until I got real agressive about it. That kind of service is just unwarranted. It's a real shame, because others have obviously gotten taken advantage of  by following the recommendations found on arfcom. I in NO WAY blame arfcom for any of this, but perhaps the Mods and Staff should be aware of what's going on.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I live down the road from Ga Percision. Have done anough with them to say they are good folks. I can not answer for any delays they have or any of the long waits.If I was in yall's shoes I to would get P O ed ... But what ever the set back is, I can assure you they are good people, and not out to rip anyone off.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I don't believe I was being ripped off (my credit card wasn't charged) and I do believe they are good people.  It just seems kinda strange that even if you plan far in advance (1 or 2 weeks) and you are willing to be patient for a few days, you still don't get the courtesy of a reply email or a return phone call.  That is, until you have to resort to drastic action.  The minute I sent a "please cancel" email, it's as if they were there all along and I got an email back right away saying "order was cancelled."   But it would be still pending if last week when I asked "can I get an update" they would have at least said "no update available at this time."

I don't know which country Camp Perry is in :) but if you're going to be away from a business that takes credit cards and money orders online and no one is going to be at the store, instead on Holiday, let the customers know this.  Georgia is a wired state just like all the others.  But no reply to email and telephone off the hook busy all day....

After reading some of the other posts plus my own experience, I honestly can't in good faith recommend them to anyone else and I certainly am unable to place an order with them in the future; which is unfortunate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]
a buddy and I are being ripped off by them as we speak...
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I just cancelled my NATO order because I need the money for other projects.  Still haven't heard anything from them about it yet though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I believe they are at Camp Perry right now.

They'll be back soon.

Quoted:
Same goes for their selling the BH Nato spec ammo. I wonder how many people they actually told that they didn't/wouldn't have this stuff in stock for delivery.

Everybody that ordered the NATO stuff was informed that it was a special order item.  There was a 12 page thread about getting the design specs and irder information.

I have read that thread. Clearly there were some who for one reason or another did not know that the ammo was not in stock when they ordered it. I might have ordered some myself, but the two emails I sent them regarding this ammo went unanswered.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 4:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top