Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2017 6:47:31 PM EDT
I have plenty of experience with the ar platform, but this is my first try at a 9mm.   Running asc mags.    First round feeds just fine, second round jams every time.   Just finished getting everything put together.    Running on a standard buffer and spring.  Is this just cycling too fast on the standard buffer?   Also, I am using a spikes mag block.  The block moves just slighting in the magwell.   Is this normal?   Seems odd to me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
failure to feed.  jammed about halfway into throat
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Round nose bullets? Hollow points?

Which mag block any photos?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
failure to feed.  jammed about halfway into throat
View Quote

Is it jamming on the feed ramp/cone on its way into the chamber or is it actually jamming in the throat area?  Pics would be helpful.

I have noticed more and more pistol caliber barrels that do not seem to be throated properly (either not done or done with worn out reamers) and they only seem to like std. ball ammo.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
sorry, didnt take any pictures yesterday, and I don't have the ability to walk out in the back yard and shoot so I can take some.   I was using standard ball ammunition.  Using a spikes magblock.  All of the jams except one were on the feed ramp.  However, I did have one that was half way in and stopped.   Using factory ammo.   115gr Tula brass
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
115 gr ball should be the easiest to get running.

Mag block should have no movement.  I thought Spikes block had a tension adjuster to lock them up tight.  May need to play with height of block to find sweet spot.  The mag may have some play in magwell, so keep hands off mag and do not rest mag on anything while shooting.

It shouldn't be a big deal running a regular buffer, but 5-5.5 oz is "recommended/ideal" for most 9mm setups.

You can test by loading up your mags and using bolt release to drop the bolt and see how it strips rounds from the mag.  It can be tedious, but it can help diagnose set up issues like block height or COL issues.  If you reload, you can make some dummy rounds, or you can remove the firing pin from your bolt for safety if you want to use live rounds.

What is your parts list? barrel, mags, etc...
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't figure out how to add pictures.  With the block as high as I can get it and still lock upper to lower, it jams every other time or so.  If I move it down, it jams every single time.  Anyone have an pictures of the 9mm barrel throats?  It looks way too steep to me.  Bought this used on here
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
picture sent

thanks for all the help guys
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top