Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2014 3:29:04 PM EDT
I have what is probably a no brainer for y'all but I thought that I'd better ask before laying out the cash.

I have a Colt 9mm set up (Colt upper, Colt barrel, ramped Colt bolt and what I think is a Rock River Arms bottom insert magblock) that runs like a top.  Using Colt and Uzi mags the BHO works.  Uses standard hammers.

I also have an Oly 9mm upper that uses unmodified Sten mags with a socom mag block.  Different but it works great.  Just don't hit the mag release!

Anyway, I am building another 9mm upper.  I have a Colt 9mm upper and a Rock River 16" midlength barrel. I haven't purchased a mag block or bolt yet.  I know I definitely want a ramped bolt.

I know the Colt bolt and RRA mag block work together.  My question is will a CMMG ramped bolt and a Rock River bottom insert mag block work together?  Or should I cough up the extra cash for a ramped Colt bolt?  Or maybe a different mag block?  (Hahn, Spikes, etc.?)
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The only real differerence I have found is the RRA Bolt and hammer have to be together.......I have run a cmmg pattern bolt on a dedicated RRA lower that had the hammer changed with no issues....
Wish you were closer I have a dedicated sten mag lower that uses the D slot in the side of the mag that I got as an 80%.....finished years ago and has been sitting in the safe for years as a stripped lower........might have to trade you out of the Olympic.......
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
How about buying a dedicated colt style lower? Anywhere near Riflegear.com's shop in fountain valley? They carry the CMMG dedicated lower.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about buying a dedicated colt style lower? Anywhere near Riflegear.com's shop in fountain valley? They carry the CMMG dedicated lower.
View Quote

I'm in the SF bay area. A new lower would mean a bullet button and 10rd mags.  I have a big box of high caps for my CA legal registered lowers.  But it is a consideration.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm in the SF bay area. A new lower would mean a bullet button and 10rd mags.  I have a big box of high caps for my CA legal registered lowers.  But it is a consideration.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-4. Was happy to get out of Palm Springs last year.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top