Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
think the adaptors out there are custom jobs using modified 9mm blocks.

I meant a source of PPS 43 mags - the PPSH 41 mags seem more common.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

www.mg34.com/PPS_43.html

"...Extra Stick Magazines Exc. to New.  Sticks are supposed to be able to adapt to the Yugo M-56.  $9.95..."
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
think the adaptors out there are custom jobs using modified 9mm blocks.

www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_6&products_id=198
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag..
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
10 day bump.....
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I will get an update from the folks working on it, but seems everyone suddenly is swamped with orders (my day job suddenly has picked up so much that we don't know which way to turn - and all CNN can talk about is the economy being a total disaster - my foot!)
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I will get an update from the folks working on it, but seems everyone suddenly is swamped with orders (my day job suddenly has picked up so much that we don't know which way to turn - and all CNN can talk about is the economy being a total disaster - my foot!)

It seems some of us are fortunate to live in the "bubble" of opportunity and jobs; it's a place called Texas!

Thanks for the update. I still need one of these!

buckmeister
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ditto.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto.

ditto the ditto.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 8/16/2008 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/17/2008 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]
We are getting closer to getting these puppies out, the Pps43 adapter is making progress, the prototype is running strong and the new versions should become available in not too much longer.  Its been a bear ....

On the barrels, we had one reamer come apart (that was different ) and we are finding we need a different length gas system to get all types of surplus to work (some surplus works with longer gas systems than others) OR you need to run a light spring or buffer.  So we are working out the kinks on that ...

But the dream is alive (and Mordecai, that picture is priceless!)
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#13]
If you need someone to test the adaptor with a .45 upper my offer still stands.
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Just curious.....does the mag block you have working enable the bolt hold open?
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just curious.....does the mag block you have working enable the bolt hold open?

The mags themselves do not really have a provision for engaging the BHO (like the Colt 9mm SMG mags with the little tab on the back of the follower).

We wanted the user to be able to take mags and run with them, without having to do any mods to them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I got an early version of the gas operated 7.62 Tok carbine and made my own magwell adapter for the PPS-43 mags. This is one nice running carbine! I also reload at times and the brass comes out just about like it went in so reloading is a bit easier. The carbine also puts the brass in a nice little pile, just like a good running .223 AR does.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#17]
so tempting ... height=8
Quoted:
I got an early version of the gas operated 7.62 Tok carbine and made my own magwell adapter for the PPS-43 mags. This is one nice running carbine! I also reload at times and the brass comes out just about like it went in so reloading is a bit easier. The carbine also puts the brass in a nice little pile, just like a good running .223 AR does.
img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/877429/GasoperatedTokcarbine8.25.08.jpg
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#18]
The folks making the adapters indicate they are getting very close - as in they were completing the machine operations for the mag catch.  As soon as I have news of the first set of "pre production" adapters I will post it here - or better yet, start a new thread.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#19]
For those of you shooting the x25 - what is the best or your favorite ammo?  Anybody use the "Czech Machine Gun" stuff on strippers at MilitaryGunSupply (probably sold out by now)?  Seems the Bulgarian is most available...
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I shoot S&B and I load my own but for the surplus stuff it is old Russian stuff from who knows where ...
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:14:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
For those of you shooting the x25 - what is the best or your favorite ammo?  Anybody use the "Czech Machine Gun" stuff on strippers at MilitaryGunSupply (probably sold out by now)?  Seems the Bulgarian is most available...

I've shot the surplus stuff but it all splits when I do. Never shot the czech stuff, but I would assume its the same.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've shot the surplus stuff but it all splits when I do. Never shot the czech stuff, but I would assume its the same.

Do the split cases cause any extraction problems?

Link Posted: 9/8/2008 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The folks making the adapters indicate they are getting very close - as in they were completing the machine operations for the mag catch.  As soon as I have news of the first set of "pre production" adapters I will post it here - or better yet, start a new thread.

If you make a new thread, post a link on this thread, since I don't really access the AR section except via subscriptions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#24]
.... just got my 7.62x25 ammo..... nice BIG case..... I guess I have 'testing' material now.... just need upper and mag block...
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do the split cases cause any extraction problems?

that has yet to be determined. I have a short upper with a super short gas system and its has taken a lot of work to get it to run. The longer uppers work better. some of the splits extract fine, but some dont. I dont know if its a gun problem or ammo problem.

I have been having a problem with a multitude of things going so short, and the case splits aren't helping me find the problem-eventhough Ive very close.

Marty has ran the stuff but recommends the new SB because he likes to get the potential out of his creations, vs I like to get quantity
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Just curious,where can I get one of these uppers???
Link Posted: 9/10/2008 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I've shot the surplus stuff but it all splits when I do.

The reamer drawing that Kiff has seems like it had rather generous proportions.

I'm wondering what your chamber dimensions are.

Link Posted: 9/22/2008 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Updates????
Link Posted: 9/26/2008 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I just got in 20 mags so I am ready for an upper  
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this project dead in the water or what????
Link Posted: 9/29/2008 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Delayed on account hurricane.  
Hard to work on Afrcom stuff when your house is tore up and your real job is a disaster.

David

Link Posted: 9/29/2008 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Delayed on account hurricane.  
Hard to work on Afrcom stuff when your house is tore up and your real job is a disaster.

David

Dam,sorry Bro,I didn't know where you were located.I hope you're getting the important stuff in life back together as easily as can be.Take care,Mick.
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#33]
How we looking?  I'm selling plasma and saving my pennies like a good little zombie-hunter.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#34]
first preproduction adapter due here in a few days... need a place with larger machines to do these in volume ...

IKE tore us up, new digs have slow EMail so I can only get to ARFCOM once a week or so.  Plus I now have to drive to the shop instead of walk over... makes logistics a bit more challenging.  And as stated, day job is a mess and catching up... even all the folks who assist with stuff (coatings etc) are trying to get their lives back together.

But no, not dead in the water, not by a long shot ...
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

But no, not dead in the water, not by a long shot ...

Glad to hear this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#36]
So I bought 16 more PPS-43 mags this past weekend....
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Is there a projected price floating around?  I've been following the thread for a while but haven't seen one posted.  With surplus going for as cheap as it is, and I already have a CZ-52, I want one of these.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#38]
And will you be offering NFA lengths?  If so, approximate price please.

I hope you make a ton on these things Marty.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#39]
To prove it is not vapor ware, I am starting a new thread for the adapter

Yes, we will be offering NFA length barrels, I am working on a special version right now.

Pricing for the adapters will be in line with existing versions for 9mm like the Hahn.

Tab on the back is to keep the adapter from falling out of the mag well if you accidentally hit the AR mag release.

Mag release is set on the right hand side, to where the trigger finger can access it (at least with my big hands I can).  They can be made for left side if wanted.

They are made from aluminum and will be anodized black (this version, the anodizing dye did not take)

Left is the new (pre)production version, right the prototype

Left the new version, right the prototype

Link to the new thread
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=400310&page=1
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Very nice work indeed Marty!

I'd build one of my own, but like you I have a day job and building the 357sig DI gun was a PITA.

Besides, its your idea and you should reap the rewards from it.

Thanks again for the great work.
Link Posted: 10/21/2008 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#41]
If you have the magblock in a dedicated lower couldnt you replace the normal mag release with one that installs semi-permanently? What I have in mind is to take the mag retaining latch and cut the threaded stub off and drill out and tap a hole where it originally joined the stub. Then, make a tube spacer to replace the spring under the release button, then take a button and drill out a spotface for a socket head cap screw. The button is just aesthetic, you could just put a screw in there sans button to lock the magwell into place.

One way or the other, I want one!
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Any updates on the price and availability of the uppers or conversion kit?
I'm deciding on another AR before the next AWB or whatnot and this would be sweet.
(Yes I've read the whole thread and all the dates have been passed so I'm guessing it is not available yet).
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#43]
bump on any updates?
this looks to good to miss, is there a web site to look at that the manufacturer has?

found the site http://www.teppojutsu.com/
I am going to get some mags on order for this.
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 5:48:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Can the ppsh 41 drums work with the pps43 adaptors?
Link Posted: 11/7/2008 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No, the drums lock in like Suomi drums and lack any type of feed tower.  If you were to weld a tower on to the drum it MIGHT work, but then you can just weld on a Sten or Colt tower and use it in that type of set up...

Link Posted: 11/7/2008 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the drums lock in like Suomi drums and lack any type of feed tower.  If you were to weld a tower on to the drum it MIGHT work, but then you can just weld on a Sten or Colt tower and use it in that type of set up...

Getting the transition, from the drum to the feed tower, to work without causing rounds to hang up is a royal PITA.  I gave up on trying to do it with the Sten mags, since the front to rear dimension of the Sten mag (even with the rear rib removed) seemed to be a tad too short for the transition, and that just created another point for rounds to hang up.  CZ24 mags might work out better, but the front to rear taper of the CZ24 mag would probably require the drum to be mounted at a slight angle, to smooth out the transition.

I thought about trying a CZ24/drum combination, but I've been too covered up (for the last several months) to do any tinkering.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#47]
The mag well that Mgi is working on do you think it would be possible for them to design it to work with ppsh drums?
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The mag well that Mgi is working on do you think it would be possible for them to design it to work with ppsh drums?

Last I heard MGI was no longer pursuing the Pps43 mag well but cannot be sure.  For the drums to be used, you have to have a system like the Tommy AR15, including having some material removed from the upper receiver (from what I can tell).  The Tommy AR15 is patented (or patent pending) and the rights were sold to an unnamed party...

Link Posted: 11/9/2008 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#49]
I too have heard its patent or pending, but have NEVER seen a substantiating document. I think its a scare tactic.  I call BS on it unless someone can provide documents.

If it was pending (patent applied for), surely it would have been approved or rejected by now. They only sold a handful, the cost f patenting would have swamped sales.

If it was approved, it would be searchable it the patent database, its not by looking for keywords such as the inventors name Vic xxxxxxxx, Suomi, Drum, 9mm, Tommy, Tomm15, etc.

If they only sent in document for a Provisional Patent (cheap 12 month place holder) then that would have expired and they would have had to file for a patent.
USPTO Prov Pat

I think the Suomi drum and mag system is awesome, and I wish someone would pursue it!
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard MGI was no longer pursuing the Pps43 mag well but cannot be sure.  For the drums to be used, you have to have a system like the Tommy AR15, including having some material removed from the upper receiver (from what I can tell).  The Tommy AR15 is patented (or patent pending) and the rights were sold to an unnamed party...

That is unfortunate both the fact that mgi no longer plans on producing the pps43 mag well and that the drums require too much modification to function. I guess I should be glad I did not buy any drums, that would have been real nice though. Do you have any idea how much your mag block, barrel and bolt will likely cost? I am really looking forward to the release of this stuff. I am going to call mgi and let them know people are interested in the pps43 mag well.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top