Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 1:22:04 PM EDT
anyone try the cambi-loader by worldwideordinance?

here is a link to a thread that is asking about a loader and i posted about the cambi-loader.

anyone use it? looks like a good loader to hold everyone off till the lula comes out.

link that i forgot to enter when posting this topic

picture of item borrowed from dillionprecision

eta: sp
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, got one, love it.

By the way, it's Cambi, not Gambi.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
how long have you had it and how much have you used it?

where did you get yours?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it from Brownell's.  I use it every time I take my 9 to the range, which is fairly frequently.  Personally, I couldn't care less about a 9mm LULA loader.  The Cambi is better, in my opinion, because you hold the whole assembly in your hand and just squeeze the lever like a pair of pliers while your other hand is holding and feeding rounds.  With the LULA, you have to somehow hold the mag, move the lever on top, and feed rounds.  It works, but it's a bit more awkward.

I have the .223 LULA.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using one for almost a year.  I cut the bottom half off so it could fit over my Pro Mags.  I have a Lula for my AR and AK.  I think the Cambi Loader is much faster. The only advantage the Lula will have is unloading and size.  If you love your 9mm AR like me, you unload with the trigger.  I got mine from here.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
think i will be ordering one this weekend to see how it works

im sure it would be great since my thumbs no longer have to do the work

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have been using one for almost a year. I cut the bottom half off so it could fit over my Pro Mags.  I have a Lula for my AR and AK.  I think the Cambi Loader is much faster. The only advantage the Lula will have is unloading and size.  If you love your 9mm AR like me, you unload with the trigger.  I got mine from here.

why didnt it work with the pro-mags? do you have a pic of it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:07:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The Pro-mags have ribs on the lower part of the mag, so they don't fit very well into the Cambi Loader.  I'm going to have to trim mine also as I have picked up a Pro Mag or two lately.

The Cambi is left longer than needed so it will work with UZI mags also.  If you are using it with UZI mags, you won't want to shorten it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Pro-mags have ribs on the lower part of the mag, so they don't fit very well into the Cambi Loader.  I'm going to have to trim mine also as I have picked up a Pro Mag or two lately.

The Cambi is left longer than needed so it will work with UZI mags also.  If you are using it with UZI mags, you won't want to shorten it.

thanks.

i was considering purchasing a few pro-mags to test out so this info helps out a lot

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:30:29 AM EDT
[#10]
The ProMag ribbed section is too wide and the cambi will not fit well.  I cut the bottom of the cambi loader to fit over the top smooth part of the ProMag.  I don't use Uzi mags, so I don't need the area I cut off.

Here's a pic of a cambi loader

Here's a pic of mine and ProMag
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks for the link and info.  I've only shot my new 9mm AR once last Friday.  My thumb is still sore from loading the damn mags.  

me and some friends took turn loading/shooting the mags and what seemed like a good idea to minimize the sore thumb didnt work as good as we thought.

had a hell of a time shooting the rifle but all fun comes to an end

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:37:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The ProMag ribbed section is too wide and the cambi will not fit well.  I cut the bottom of the cambi loader to fit over the top smooth part of the ProMag.  I don't use Uzi mags, so I don't need the area I cut off.

Here's a pic of a cambi loader
www.mle-shootingsports.com/images/102.jpg

Here's a pic of mine and ProMag
members.cox.net/shawn22/ProMag%20and%20Cambi.JPG

i understand how it works now.

but doesnt the uzi mags have to be notched for use in the colt rifle? would that make it similar to the colt mags, meaning the mag notch is in the same place so it would not matter if i cut the lower portion off correct?

this just gets better and better.

so does the pro-mag hold bolt open on the last round?

thanks for everyones replies and the pics
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
but doesnt the uzi mags have to be notched for use in the colt rifle? would that make it similar to the colt mags, meaning the mag notch is in the same place so it would not matter if i cut the lower portion off correct?

You are correct.  

Yes

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct.  

Yes

sweet!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
The 9mm Lula is coming soon. It will unload the rounds too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Who sells those Promag polymer mags?  I'd like to try some.

Natchez

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I use the loader I got with my 9mm Beta-C for my 32 rounders as well.  Works great.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Who has these in stock NOW!?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Could someone with one of these loaders just see if a Glock 33 round mag will work with this loader?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:50:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry, but no.  The Glock mag is single-feed, while the Colt mags are double-feed.  The Cambi-loader pushes the rounds straight down so they won't work on a Glock mag.

You would need something like the old lever-type STEN loader for that.  Maybe someone will rework that design for Glock mags?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Could someone with one of these loaders just see if a Glock 33 round mag will work with this loader?

google hks loader, they make loaders that are similar to this one but for specific mags
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sorry, but no.  The Glock mag is single-feed, while the Colt mags are double-feed.  The Cambi-loader pushes the rounds straight down so they won't work on a Glock mag.

You would need something like the old lever-type STEN loader for that.  Maybe someone will rework that design for Glock mags?

What!??
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Because the Colt mags are double-feed, there is enough room between the feed lips to press the cartridge straight down into the mag.  The Glock mags are single-feed, so the rounds have to be pushed down in front of the feed lips, then pushed to the rear.  The Cambi-loader won't work, but something along the lines of the old STEN mag loader would, because STEN mags are single-feed also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#27]
glock also comes with its own little loader and that is basically what your going to have to look for.

something to press the previous round down so that its easier to slide the next round in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#28]
tag
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#30]
placed order so i will report back when i get them
also getting some 20's to load
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#31]
ordered from brownells and got it in today!

its a great design and seems to be made to last. will range test it this weekend. pics to come later today
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#32]
just loaded up most of my mags and this thing makes it super easy!!

great loader.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#33]
well,

went shooting yesterday with my colt 6450 and the cambi loader.

brought:

colt 6450
3 32rd colt leo mags
1 20rd colt pre-ban mag
cambi-loader
500 rounds of wwb

at first there was no problems and i kept telling myself how much i love this new contraption which my thumbs would agree.
after about 300 rds of loading into the various mags came the problem.

the top part of the loader where you put the bullets in would continously open itself when trying to depress the bullets.

on one mag it would not load to the full 32rds only 30 and yes i even unloaded to make sure i counted correctly.
this could be a mag problem since that mag also doesnt hold bolt open, which doesnt make sense at all, a make that wont accept the full capacity usually has too strong of a spring which would hold bolt open but whatever. havent taken apart the mag yet.

on the last couple of mags maybe the last 100, the lever which you must depress to load the bullet felt like it was flexing more than it was which didnt apply full force to loading the bullets.

the loader's lever has two sections to the actual lever and bullet depressing thing which imo makes it weak and leaves it open to flexing.

it did load every mag i shot so i guess the complaint isnt all that big.

i still like it since it is the only mag loader available and it does load mags.
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#34]
9mm shooters,

The new 9mm COLT SMG LULA loader & unloader is coming soon (as well as other LULAs). It's small, durable, and both loads and unloads.

Hold on...

Guy Tal
maglula Ltd., Israel
www.maglula.com

http://maglula.tripod.com/Colt_9mm_folded.jpg
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
9mm shooters,

The new 9mm COLT SMG LULA loader & unloader is coming soon (as well as other LULAs). It's small, durable, and both loads and unloads.

Hold on...

Guy Tal
maglula Ltd., Israel
www.maglula.com

maglula.tripod.com/Colt_9mm_folded.jpg

Well hurry it up, would ya!!

(been waiting on the Uzi LULA since I heard there would be such a device)
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
9mm shooters,

Hold on...

Guy Tal
maglula Ltd., Israel
www.maglula.com

Well hurry it up, would ya!!

(been waiting on the Uzi LULA since I heard there would be such a device)

+1

i am waiting as well and the cambi-loader is just to hold off for the lula
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
9mm shooters,

Hold on...

Guy Tal
maglula Ltd., Israel
www.maglula.com

I will be waiting for this one!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The 9mm Lula is coming soon. It will unload the rounds too.

Why buy a porduct for unloading mags> insert said mag into gun, charge the gun and pull the trigger till it's empty, or if you have a happy switch just pullit once.

I like the cambi loaders, I've used a couple types and I use one for 5.56 as well. It's areal thumb saver.
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Agree.  My "magazine emptying device" is called a trigger.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#42]
that or you could push the first few rounds out and let the rest shower the floor
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yep.  I need one for an Uzi AND Colt style 9mm AR15 mags!  When are they coming out?

+87
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
...new 9mm COLT SMG LULA...

I'm all over this when they come out.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top