Page / 84
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:46:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Orion10182011]
Here is mine!  Colt 9mm AR-15.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By midnight_at_dennys:
Mag coupler is by Hera Arms. I got it from LAN World but they don't seem to carry it anymore.
View Quote

Found this on Ebay and ordered two. Just got an Ebay email confirming the order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERA-Arms-Glock-Magazine-Clamp-/111628585786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fd950b3a
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:36:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KYLiberty:
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/fa2125e3-cb12-4a98-a74d-c32a81dc6394_zpsbvjd48tp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/fa2125e3-cb12-4a98-a74d-c32a81dc6394_zpsbvjd48tp.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/C36AB4F4-1EBE-4067-9292-A93F5A76FF7F_zpsvfrjh8rh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/C36AB4F4-1EBE-4067-9292-A93F5A76FF7F_zpsvfrjh8rh.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'm not a big fan of the Glock lowers usually but that looks really good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/fa2125e3-cb12-4a98-a74d-c32a81dc6394_zpsbvjd48tp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/fa2125e3-cb12-4a98-a74d-c32a81dc6394_zpsbvjd48tp.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s217.photobucket.com/user/KYLiberty/media/C36AB4F4-1EBE-4067-9292-A93F5A76FF7F_zpsvfrjh8rh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/KYLiberty/C36AB4F4-1EBE-4067-9292-A93F5A76FF7F_zpsvfrjh8rh.jpg</a>
View Quote

Although I'm not a fan of FDE, that looks good.  I like the component choices.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KYLiberty] [#5]
Originally Posted By finnfan:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By boardsnbikes:

Thanks. The Glock lower is a Quarter Circle 10 and so is the 4" barrel. The upper is VLTOR and handguard is Samson. The grips and stock are Magpul. Everything is done in EOTech Flat Dark Earth Duracoat.

The can is an AAC TiRant 45 until the TiRant 9 gets through the stamp process.

Inside it is a JP Enterprises bolt carrier group and silent captured spring, with a JP parts kit, and ALG Defense Combat trigger.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like it. Nice job.

Thanks. The Glock lower is a Quarter Circle 10 and so is the 4" barrel. The upper is VLTOR and handguard is Samson. The grips and stock are Magpul. Everything is done in EOTech Flat Dark Earth Duracoat.

Inside it is a JP Enterprises bolt carrier group and silent captured spring, with a JP parts kit, and ALG Defense Combat trigger.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

How does it run and is your bolt hold open reliable?

Nice rig for sure.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

No wonder, it's almost like the rifle I built except I chose a 8" barrel, CMT upper, SLR Rifleworks handguard and Bravo stock.  Truthfully, I was looking at the same components as yours but one thing lead to another and I ended with my collection.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:37:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KYLiberty] [#9]
Originally Posted By RussellAthletic:

Nice rig for sure.
View All Quotes

Nice rig for sure.

Runs very well. Love this thing. However, the last round hold open isn't reliable. I need to work on the spring a little. It's too strong with a standard spring.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ausher1880] [#10]

Runs very well. Love this thing. However, the last round hold open isn't reliable. I need to work on the spring a little. It's too strong with a standard spring.
View All Quotes

Nice rig for sure.

Did you use the provided spring?
My bolt hold only works on 2 of the 7 of my magazines.  I'm going to get stronger magazine springs to s'ee if it helps.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ausher1880:
My bolt hold only works on 2 of the 7 of my magazines.  I'm going to get stronger magazine springs to s'ee if it helps.
View Quote

Not sure what spring is in it. My gunsmith took everything apart to Duracoat it and had reassembled the lower while I wasn't there. It doesn't matter what mags I try. The 10's, 15's, and 33's all function perfectly minus the last round hold open.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Not sure what spring is in it. My gunsmith took everything apart to Duracoat it and had reassembled the lower while I wasn't there. It doesn't matter what mags I try. The 10's, 15's, and 33's all function perfectly minus the last round hold open.
View All Quotes

Maybe your gunsmith used the standard bolt catxh lever spring instead of the onw provided by Qc10. My mags work fine except the last round bolt hold also.  2 mags work.  My guess those 2 mag springs have nore tension.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Maybe your gunsmith used the standard bolt catxh lever spring instead of the onw provided by Qc10. My mags work fine except the last round bolt hold also.  2 mags work.  My guess those 2 mag springs have nore tension.
View All Quotes

That's my guess. I'm going to take it back over to him to fix it instead of messing with it myself. He does really excellent work as you can see from the photos. This was the first time he ever worked on a Glock style AR15 lower though. He's got my Glock 17 that he's customizing and making match the SBR anyway and I want to see the progress.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]

That's my guess. I'm going to take it back over to him to fix it instead of messing with it myself. He does really excellent work as you can see from the photos. This was the first time he ever worked on a Glock style AR15 lower though. He's got my Glock 17 that he's customizing and making match the SBR anyway and I want to see the progress.
View Quote

The spring that comes with the qc10 is a weaker spring.  Still didn't seem to help in my gun. I also had to cut about an 1/8" off the plastic cap of the 9mm qbuffer because it was too long and not going back far enough to engage the bolt catch The rra buffer tube wasn't long enough inside i guess.  Hopefully stronger mag spring will do the trick.

Anyways i picked up a glock 19 figure it a good companion gun. Already wanting to mod it.  What are ya having done to yours?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#15]

The spring that comes with the qc10 is a weaker spring.  Still didn't seem to help in my gun. I also had to cut about an 1/8" off the plastic cap of the 9mm qbuffer because it was too long and not going back far enough to engage the bolt catch The rra buffer tube wasn't long enough inside i guess.  Hopefully stronger mag spring will do the trick.

Anyways i picked up a glock 19 figure it a good companion gun. Already wanting to mod it.  What are ya having done to yours?
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/ausher/guns/IMG_2015040122538_zpsli1micbl.jpg
View All Quotes

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/ausher/guns/IMG_2015040122538_zpsli1micbl.jpg

Nice combo.

I'm getting the grip stippled, custom fiber sights, trigger job, and Duracoated to match. Already has a threaded barrel for a can. Going to do some 2 gun with the combo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#16]

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Retro'ish build from Echo Nine Three.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:08:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: B1gB1ue] [#18]

My AR9mm based on the CMMG dedicated lower:

Ok, why do the pics show up in the editor but when I look at my post it shows the links?

Forget it, its bc I lurked too long and only have half a dozen posts.

EDIT TO ADD BUILD DETAILS:

CMMG dedicated lower

BCM upper

Uzi mag (modified with dremel for Colt 9mm cuts)

ADCO 5" barrel

KAK Slim Flash Can

Magpul Offset sights

Aimpoint Comp M3

Battlelink Minimalist Stock

UTG Pro keymod 7" hand guard

Magpul AFG with ZeroBravo handstop to keep fingers away from the muzzle.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:02:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kiaiola] [#19]
Finally I get to contribute.

This has been about a year in the making with a lot of back and forth and indecisiveness.
Took my sweet time collecting all the parts, waiting for sales and things to come back in stock, reading about everyone else's build and parts used and starring at a lot of pictures.

This was the first build that I didn't piece together as I got parts, but rather waited until I had everything - the patience was killing me and my roommate (he has been referring to it as "ours").  Range time tomorrow for the ultimate test. No chance for a suppressor or SBR - behind enemy lines in CA

</a>" />

Cut List:

GPI Slim Lower
MAS Defense LPK
MAS 5.5" Barrel
MAS Flash Hider
MAS 4" Hand guard - This thing is a total piece of shit, had to file the inside so it would fit over the collar, then got to re-tap all the holes so the screws, that aren't allen head but some B.S. star head
MAS BCG
Spikes T2 Buffer and 9mm spacer
Phase 5 Enhanced Buffer Spring
Strike Industries Charging Handle
Strike Pivot and Takedown Pins
Slick Side Upper (forget manufacturer, colt style but not for what I paid for it!)
I Kick Hippies Slap Plate
Thordsen Custom Buffer Cover and CAA Saddle
Magpul K Grip (new favorite, every other one I have is an Umbrella Corp grip 23 - but this guy is awesome)
HK 416 Sights

I'm not ready to look at the receipts yet.

</a>" />

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kiaiola:
Finally I get to contribute.

This has been about a year in the making with a lot of back and forth and indecisiveness.
Took my sweet time collecting all the parts, waiting for sales and things to come back in stock, reading about everyone else's build and parts used and starring at a lot of pictures.

This was the first build that I didn't piece together as I got parts, but rather waited until I had everything - the patience was killing me and my roommate (he has been referring to it as "ours").  Range time tomorrow for the ultimate test. No chance for a suppressor or SBR - behind enemy lines in CA

http://<a href=http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad330/dukface/0640f7b3-06d8-4f98-b4bf-b140e1fd050e.jpg</a>" />

Cut List:

GPI Slim Lower
MAS Defense LPK
MAS 5.5" Barrel
MAS Flash Hider
MAS 4" Hand guard - This thing is a total piece of shit, had to file the inside so it would fit over the collar, then got to re-tap all the holes so the screws, that aren't allen head but some B.S. star head
MAS BCG
Spikes T2 Buffer and 9mm spacer
Phase 5 Enhanced Buffer Spring
Strike Industries Charging Handle
Strike Pivot and Takedown Pins
Slick Side Upper (forget manufacturer, colt style but not for what I paid for it!)
I Kick Hippies Slap Plate
Thordsen Custom Buffer Cover and CAA Saddle
Magpul K Grip (new favorite, every other one I have is an Umbrella Corp grip 23 - but this guy is awesome)
HK 416 Sights

I'm not ready to look at the receipts yet.

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad330/dukface/IMG_2613.jpg

http://<a href=http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad330/dukface/fd978fa1-3daa-453c-b844-50ef68c9f38f.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

You mean torx screws? Yeah, those are better than allen heads.

And how did you build a pistol from a non 80% lower in California?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: B1gB1ue] [#21]
I tried the same hand gurad from MAS Defense and need to dremel the inside of the nut to fit over my barrel.  Then I literally broke the metal between keys on the rail using a BCM vert grip.  After those two incidents I bought the UTG Pro hand guard and the quality difference is night and day.  The finish on that UTG Pro is top notch:  coating is durable, there are dimples for finger rests, and the keys have proper cutouts behind them.  I was going to sell the MAS Defense hand guard but I don't want to have somebody come after me bc of the poor quality.  It sucks that bad.

btw, most keymod accessories use torx screws.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slimjim] [#22]
ooops.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Colt AR 15 Carbine.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ricky_45:
Colt AR 15 Carbine.

<a href="http://s242.photobucket.com/user/richonsa/media/Mobile%20Uploads/65F54441-746D-4043-B284-AB4B538C7724_zpsvjzxe2uj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff86/richonsa/Mobile%20Uploads/65F54441-746D-4043-B284-AB4B538C7724_zpsvjzxe2uj.jpg</a>

View Quote

Oh yeah, that's real nice!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Colt AR 15 Carbine.

<a href="http://s242.photobucket.com/user/richonsa/media/Mobile%20Uploads/65F54441-746D-4043-B284-AB4B538C7724_zpsvjzxe2uj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff86/richonsa/Mobile%20Uploads/65F54441-746D-4043-B284-AB4B538C7724_zpsvjzxe2uj.jpg</a>

View Quote

Sweet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Colt AR 15 Carbine.

I'm filing an eform on it today and chopping the barrel when I get the stamp back.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Finally got my Form 1 back. My 9mm SMG clone using a SMG barrel. Just wish I could use a 3 lug setup for my suppressors without having to remove the bayo lug

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 01SVTSnake:
Finally got my Form 1 back. My 9mm SMG clone using a SMG barrel. Just wish I could use a 3 lug setup for my suppressors without having to remove the bayo lug

<a href="http://s434.photobucket.com/user/01SVTSnake/media/Guns/9mmSBR_zpse4aklsvz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/01SVTSnake/Guns/9mmSBR_zpse4aklsvz.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#31]

<a href="http://s434.photobucket.com/user/01SVTSnake/media/Guns/9mmSBR_zpse4aklsvz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/01SVTSnake/Guns/9mmSBR_zpse4aklsvz.jpg</a>
View Quote

Perfect.  If I could still see the front sight clearly I'd build one of those.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:12:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seattlite] [#32]

View Quote

Yeah...you'll probably need a spacer to clear the bayo lug but it could work.  Depending on your suppressor mount, you'll need a little bit of clearance behind the lugs so that the suppressor can clear when install/remove.  Here are some pics with a threaded barrel and a 3-lug adapter for reference:

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#33]

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/01SVTSnake/Guns/9mmSBR_zpse4aklsvz.jpg
View Quote
Looks like a colt 6450.  That's how I want to set mine up. source for barrel?  I might forego chopping my 16

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#34]
seattlite,

On the pic you posted, what BUIS are these?

Thanks,

Mark
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DMark:
seattlite,

On the pic you posted, what BUIS are these?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2iiykd0.jpg

Thanks,

Mark
View Quote

YHM QDS Hooded:  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/282189/yankee-hill-machine-qds-quick-deploy-flip-up-front-and-rear-sight-set-hooded-ar-15-flat-top-aluminum-matte
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Looks like a colt 6450.  That's how I want to set mine up. source for barrel?  I might forego chopping my 16

View All Quotes

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/01SVTSnake/Guns/9mmSBR_zpse4aklsvz.jpg

Yep started with a LEO marked 6450 I bought last year locally. I found the barrel on Sturmgewehr. I didn't want to chop my 16 since I would loose the markings and that its almost brand new

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By B1gB1ue:

Is the middle pic a can or some kind of comp?  Nice build btw.
View All Quotes

Thanks! Middle pic is a TiRant 9s.  Have not had a chance to shoot the 9s yet...so not sure how it sounds.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By seattlite:

Thanks! Middle pic is a TiRant 9s.  Have not had a chance to shoot the 9s yet...so not sure how it sounds.
View All Quotes

What length is your barrel?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lsujim:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lsujim:

TROS 5" 3-Lug
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I need a hand.  I'm putting together a 9mm ar using the QC10.  I will have a 5 inch barrel and want a 7 or 9 inch hand guard.  I need a muzzle device for when the suppressor is not on the end of the barrel (with the device) extends beyond the hand guard.  I like the idea of the flash can or the novesky pig, but my barrel is threaded 1/2x28 and I'm using 9mm.  By the way, I don't want to drill out a muzzle device to make it work.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By smrbin:
I need a hand.  I'm putting together a 9mm ar using the QC10.  I will have a 5 inch barrel and want a 7 or 9 inch hand guard.  I need a muzzle device for when the suppressor is not on the end of the barrel (with the device) extends beyond the hand guard.  I like the idea of the flash can or the novesky pig, but my barrel is threaded 1/2x28 and I'm using 9mm.  By the way, I don't want to drill out a muzzle device to make it work.  Any suggestions?
View Quote

This muzzle device: 5.5" flash hider
I bought #8.  No issues firing 9mm through it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMGisbetter] [#43]

GPI slim lower/adco 4.5/ k2+ grip / Samson evo 7 rail/aac evo can/shockwave brace/kak tube

Total barrel length with can is 12.5
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]
there are many like it, but this one is mine..

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#46]
My modernized version DOE gun

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Redhed97:

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/Redhed97/media/3D5E8168-3706-435A-A6C8-5BE98BE03F00_zpswfdgvjzd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/Redhed97/3D5E8168-3706-435A-A6C8-5BE98BE03F00_zpswfdgvjzd.jpg</a>
View Quote

DAAAAAANG!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#48]

<a href="http://s29.photobucket.com/user/Redhed97/media/3D5E8168-3706-435A-A6C8-5BE98BE03F00_zpswfdgvjzd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/Redhed97/3D5E8168-3706-435A-A6C8-5BE98BE03F00_zpswfdgvjzd.jpg</a>
View Quote

Handguard?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Napalmsticks:

Handguard?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Napalmsticks:

Handguard?

YHM keymod with Ergo brand covers, ZeroBravo hand stop and YHM keymod rail and QD sling thing.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Drool
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 84
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top