Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2004 6:08:25 AM EDT
Is this doable? If so, anybody got a pic of one?

Link Posted: 7/31/2004 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It is doable, but you would need a preban pistol lower (for now).  Once the Ban sets, you could build one pretty easily.  You can use a standard lower (pistol registered), a RRA bolt/carrier (one piece), an RRA mag block (they have a very nice one piece that has tensioning screws), and a 9mm upper.  You can get an upper at www.9mmar15.com (pricey but nice) or you could call Freedom Enterprises at 828-765-1299 or 828-765-7704.  I bought an 11.5 inch 9mm flat top from them awhile ago, it came with the bolt/carrier.  It fuctions perfectly but was a heavy barrel so I replaced the barrel with a Colt SMG barrel.  I kept the upper.  The pic is in the left column.
Link Posted: 7/31/2004 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool. Thanks for the info fq1234!

Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone sell a shorter 9mm upper?

like a 7.5 inch or so?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The logical question is WHY?

I once owned a MAC-10 semiauto. Cool looking, but it was big, heavy, hard to shoot, and wouldn't do ANYTHING I couldn't do with a Colt Commander for the same money, or less. I suspect that hundreds of dollars into this project, you'll come to the same conclusion with your AR pistol vs your favorite "real" pistol in whatever caliber.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does anyone sell a shorter 9mm upper?

like a 7.5 inch or so?

Crap, i remeber seeing somewhere where they sold these- try Total Silence (They website that sells the early, early Stubby Colt clone parts) and I swear they had 8" 9mm barrels.  That or you could just chop a 16" down and have it rethreaded and crowned- the gas block is only for holding the front sight as the pistol caliber uppers are blowback operation.

Dawg
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 5:32:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The logical question is WHY?

I once owned a MAC-10 semiauto. Cool looking, but it was big, heavy, hard to shoot, and wouldn't do ANYTHING I couldn't do with a Colt Commander for the same money, or less. I suspect that hundreds of dollars into this project, you'll come to the same conclusion with your AR pistol vs your favorite "real" pistol in whatever caliber.

That's a good point Snake45. I've got a few realistically useless pistols, but they didn't cost anywhere near what a AR pistol would cost.

Still, AR pistols do look really cool.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#7]
www.9mmar15.com

has 5.5, 7.5, and 10.5 inch 9mm barrels.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.9mmar15.com

has 5.5, 7.5, and 10.5 inch 9mm barrels.

Thanks!!!!!

Thats exactly what I have been looking for...
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Are they out of business?

They dont answer their emails?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top